From North Wind Adventures, creators of Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™, come two new, exciting adventure modules for the AS&SH™ game: The Anthropophagi of Xambaala™ and The Beasts of Kraggoth Manor™.
THE ANTHROPOPHAGI OF XAMBAALA
The Anthropophagi of Xambaala, by Corey R. Walden, is an adventure in HYPERBOREA designed for from four to six characters of 1st through 3rd level.
Visitors to the desert city of Xambaala, beware! When the city slumbers, dæmoniacal cachinnations roll in from its outskirts, and dull totemic drumbeats rumble in the surrounding waste. Vile shrieks and noises out of nightmares bring shudders to the spines of even those who fancy themselves heroes, and when the eventide bell tolls residents lock themselves behind stout walls—for something sinister moves during the dead time. But the people of Xambaala do not speak of the hellish noises that haunt their city; only furtive whispers hint that those who trust in the safety of the inn of Aramis D’Athak oft disappear, vanishing into the unknown. And the sounds outside the city walls grow louder . . .
THE BEASTS OF KRAGGOTH MANOR
The Beasts of Kraggoth Manor, by Tim Callahan, is an adventure in HYPERBOREA designed for from four to six characters of 4th through 6th level.
Your party have travelled northeast from the great city of Khromarium, through the unforgiving expanse known as the Lug Wasteland. You undoubtedly seek greater riches in the north: ruined tombs secreting ancient artefacts, deep caves filled with long-lost Atlantean technology, or strange villages built atop sacred Hyperborean burial grounds that brim with pre–Green Death treasures. Finally, after having emerged from the treacherous bogs, you set up camp on a craggy outcropping that provides dry land and a modicum of protection from the crawling unknowns. Straightaway your attention is drawn by a nearby light source, a fire not more than 100 yards away. Through the cacophony of croaking frogs, buzzing insects, and hissing slimy things, a shriek of pain knifes through the air.
These two new AS&SH adventure modules feature the following creators:
- Text: Tim Callahan, Corey R. Walden
- Editing and development: Michael Haskell, David Prata, Jeffrey P. Talanian
- Art and cartography: Daisey Bingham, Johnathan Bingham, Andreas Claren, Peter Mullen, Diogo Nogueira, Glynn Seal, Val Semeiks, Jason Sholtis, Del Teigeler
Pledge level rewards are as follows:
- $10 = PDF of The Anthropophagi of Xambaala.
- $10 = PDF of The Beasts of Kraggoth Manor.
- $19 = PDFs of The Anthropophagi of Xambaala and The Beasts of Kraggoth Manor.
- $22 = Print Module + PDF of The Beasts of Kraggoth Manor.
- $24 = Print Module + PDF of The Anthropophagi of Xambaala.
- $44 = Print Modules and PDFs of The Anthrophophagi of Xambaala and The Beasts of Kraggoth Manor.
- $82 = Retailer Package, which includes 3 of each print module. Proof of physical retail shop is required.
- $699 = Kraggoth Manor Original Art. Original Johnathan Bingham art for cover of The Beasts of Kraggoth Manor. Print Modules and PDFs of The Anthropophagi of Xambaala and The Beasts of Kraggoth Manor.
- $999 = Xambaala Original Art. Original Val Semeiks art for cover of The Anthropophagi of Xambaala. Print Modules and PDFs of The Anthropophagi of Xambaala and The Beasts of Kraggoth Manor.
We have come up with some modest stretch goals for this Kickstarter campaign. More may be added while the project is live.
- $12,000 = Inside Cover Maps. ***ACHIEVED!*** Printing on the inside covers is a traditional and well-received component of classic RPG adventure modules.
- $15,000 = Additional Art. ***ACHIEVED!*** We will commission additional pieces of interior art to further improve the visual component of each adventure module.
- $18,000 = Bookmarks. ***ACHIEVED!*** Every print customer receives a free 2 x 6-inch card stock bookmark inserted in each module purchased. These bookmarks will feature the cover art seen above.
- $20,000 = Xambaala Gatefold Cover. We will create a gatefold cover for The Anthropophagi of Xambaala, displaying maps in a gorgeous and utilitarian spread.
We will have several exciting add-ons to offer. To pledge for an add-on, we will contact you via BackerKit to find out what extra items you want. Please do not increase your pledge for add-ons! This will be managed after the campaign is over. Also, please note that add-ons may involve increased shipping fees. The following items are among those that will be included as add-ons:
- Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™ ($69.99)
- Beneath the Comet™ ($22.00)
- Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess™ ($22.00)
- Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes™ ($22.00)
- The Mystery at Port Greely™ ($20.00)
We are also introducing a special add-on with this campaign: A beautiful T-shirt that displays the cover of The Beasts of Kraggoth Manor, featuring the art of Johnathan Bingham and the colour work of Daisey Bingham. This T-shirt will cost $25.00 and will be available in all sizes.
***Again, please do not add money to your pledge at this time!*** All add-ons will be handled by BackerKit when the campaign is over. You can pick what add-ons you want, shirt sizes, etc.
Fulfillment for digital rewards (PDFs) is handled by OBS (DriveThruRPG / RPGNOW). If you do not have an account with DriveThruRPG or RPGNOW account, please start one. When we collect survey information, we will be asking you for the email address associated with that account.
Fulfillment for physical rewards is handled in-house by North Wind Adventures. We do not use third parties for the fulfillment of physical rewards. We wrap our books in bubblewrap, and we ship in boxes, not envelopes.
Shipping fees will be managed via Backerkit after the campaign is over. Please do not increase your pledge to account for shipping! This will be managed after the campaign is over. The following fees are an estimate based on projected size and weight of each book. Note that if you purchase any add-ons, shipping fees may increase accordingly. Current estimates are as follows:
- Tier #5 (1 print module) = $6 USA, $18 Canada, $25 Rest of the World
- Tier #6 (1 print module) = $6 USA, $18 Canada, $25 Rest of the World
- Tier #7 (2 print modules) = $6 USA, $18 Canada, $25 Rest of the World
- Tier #8 (6 print modules, retailers only) = $7 USA, $25 Canada, $35 Rest of the World
- Tier #9 (original art + 2 print modules) = $25 USA, $40 Canada, $65 Rest of the World
- Tier #10 (original art + 2 print modules) = $25 USA, $40 Canada, $65 Rest of the World
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Besides the obvious (pledging!), you can help this campaign thrive! Please share this Kickstarter campaign at your favorite social media platforms (FaceBook, G+, Twitter, blogs, forums, etc.). Tell your gaming pals, tell your gaming group, tell your FLGS! Every little bit helps, and it is immensely appreciated. North Wind Adventures is a small, family-run business located in a small town in New Hampshire. We continue to strive to produce high-quality gaming materials with top-notch production values.
Risks and challenges
Every Kickstarter project faces potential setbacks that can slow or even halt production. To mitigate the possibility of setbacks, I've taken several steps to ensure a positive outcome: The writing, cover art, cover design are complete. Most of the interior art and maps are complete, and editing is underway. Once this Kickstarter funds, we will have layout, printing, and fulfillment to manage.
Stretch goals are another concern. Of course, the idea is to create stretch goals that provide incentive for additional funding, but it is easy to fall into the trap of dreaming up stretch goals that are difficult, costly, and/or time-consuming to produce. To this end, I've come up with modest, reasonable stretch goals.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)