At the beginning of December we started the Rogue Wizards closed alpha program and received a ton of great feedback from everybody. Your feedback for what to improve next in the game is invaluable to us, thank you for all the countless hours of exploration, loot hunting, and monster slaying.
Though December we've continued to press forward and got all the engine NPC coloring working. Now when you find companions they'll have some variation in their visual look.
One thing we got a lot of feedback in the alpha was to improve the item tooltips and make it easier to compare new loot with existing gear, so now every property has a comparison up/down arrow as well as an overall better or worse attack/defense arrow. Also, because many weapons can be readied at the same time a lot of thought has gone into deciding which single weapon to compare.
Finally, during the alpha we managed to get the entire main quest storyline in the game in rudimentary form including all 6 elemental rifts and placeholder Guild Wizard bosses. We'll be improving all these areas and adding unique AI and powers to each boss over the next few months.
Here’s the development highlights and details from the past month. Visit the Spellbind Studios December 2015 development blog post to see the full on details or talk about the changes in our Online Forums.
- All 6 rifts are now accessible at some point during the quest line, each of them contain a Guild Wizard boss (their AI and dungeons needs lots of work still), journal scrolls, and rewards
- Radically changed XP curves. Note your player current xp level progress has been set to zero, however this will not happen in future updates when XP curves are rebalanced
- Radically changed vendor upgrade prices
- Massive overhaul to item tooltips using up/down arrows and smart selection logic on what currently equipped item to compare against
- Lots of preliminary code and artwork on a new town visual presentation, will be live in a couple of weeks
- NPCs are now colorized by the game engine so they all look different
- Increased block chance for shields and the blocking bonus affix for shields
- Thieflings now always have 2 actions per turn
- Dagger, Chakram, and Bow damage decreased
- Experience and Defense shrine duration decreased
- Thieflings are now limited to stealing 2 items max
- Thieflings now become scared for 3 turns and run away if you hurt them
- Chests now show a floaty key to indicate a key was used to open the chest
- Materials will no longer spawn if you are already at the inventory limit for that material
- Items that cannot be picked up are now always flippied to an adjacent cell
- No inventory full message is displayed when you can't pickup materials when at the limit now
- Health regeneration now regenerates health on turn multiples, has been rebalanced for regneration values, and fixed the regen 0 health bug
- Click and hold movement no longer also requires a pointer drag too in order to start the movement
- Wandering merchant now always have 2-3 potions available
- Replicated blobs no longer replicate champion qualities to their offspring, that was brutal!
- Health potion recipe has been changed to just 10 fire materials for now
- Most follower backstory delivery in the dungeon will now only be done after a kill count condition is met *and* there are now hostiles on the screen (and the follower is visible and not dead etc)
- Evi can now be found in the Earth Rift dungeon
- Audrey is now found earlier in the Blacksmith dungeon cause finding her in a tinly last level was not fun
- Traps now occur on 100% of the levels at rank 2 or higher (dungeon only for now)
- Removed follower quips when you take loot because it's making people thing you can share with the followers or do more complicated stuff with them.
- Added Chakram 03 into the game
Visit the Spellbind Studios December 2015 development blog post to see the full on details or talk about the changes in our Online Forums.