**Update: We've had some questions about the kickstarter, so I made a quick video to address those questions. Watch the video above or scroll down to the bottom of the page for our FAQ's**
My Homemaking Mentor - Online Training Academy
I have been in online ministry now for over five years and in that time, one thing has become abundantly clear: Women are desiring more joy, more peace, and more tranquility within their homes.
Are you struggling within your home? Are you living in survival mode? Just barely making it until the end of the day?
Do you ever wonder what the bigger picture is? How are you serving God when your daily tasks seems so mundane?
Or perhaps your situation isn't quite so dire but you just can't seem to keep up on the dishes, laundry, and establishing solid homemaking routines and schedules.
I came into marriage with zero homemaking skills or abilities. I knew how to make macaroni and cheese and top ramen and that's about it - seriously!! But over the last seven years, God has taught me some really powerful lessons on what it means to craft a Gospel-Centered home.
- What does it mean to set the atmosphere in my home?
- What is the POINT of my homemaking? Is there a deeper purpose in WHY I do what I do every single day from home?
- How is my homemaking a MINISTRY to my husband, to my family, and how does this have effects out into my community?
- How can I have an impact on future generations and deeply effect my family with my thoughts, my actions, and my attitudes TODAY, in this moment?
And through this journey - of becoming a homemaker, having two sets of twins in three years, walking through tragedy, and wading through the realities of real life - God has given me a heart for encouraging and ministering to women through God's Word and crafting Gospel-Centered homes.
And that's why I am so excited to introduce you to: My Homemaking Mentor - an online training academy!
WHAT IS IT?
My Homemaking Mentor has been born out of the struggles that I know women are walking through to better run and manage their homes...for God's Glory!
It is so difficult today to find godly mentors to teach us spiritual and theological truth from God's Word AND practical hands-on skills for effectively running a household.
In this online academy, I've invited the very best Christian authors, bloggers, and women in ministry to share their heart, encouragement, and mentorship through video courses and workbooks.
The academy is going to be comprised of dozens of individual courses from some amazing mentors that you can go through at your own pace, when you have the time.
- Lisa Jacobson of Club31 Woman - She will be teaching a course on marriage and learning how to better love your husband. This course is going to rock!
- Marci Ferrell of Thankful Homemaker - Marci's practical and step by step approach to house cleaning is a breath of fresh air! If you struggle to stay on top of everything and manage your home - Marci is doing a FULL course on how to practically clean your home - a room by room look!
- Leigh Ann Dutton of Intentional By Grace - She has a heart for helping and encouraging women to be intentional with how they use their time, what they focus on, and covers the basics such as getting more sleep and a grace-filled look at planning.
- Jolene Engle of Christian Wife University - She has so much wisdom and Biblical advice so share when it comes to our marriages and growing closer together...for God's Glory!
- Katie Bennett of Embracing a Simpler Life - This is going to be a really fun course! Katie is going to take you through the process of decluttering and simplifying your wardrobe, how to minimize your clothes, and the importance of investing in your appearance!
- Angie Tolpin of Leaving a Legacy - She has a heart for helping women learn how to dig into deeper community together. In her course, she will encourage you to think Biblically about friendships, relationships with over women, and more.
- Jami Balmet of Young Wife's Guide - This is of course, me :) I will be a mentor in the academy and will have at least 5 courses in the academy when it launches! I'm going to be covering how to make a family mission statement that is rooted in Scripture, doing a meal planning bootcamp, and doing an entire course on our ministry as homemakers. I have some really big, and really exciting plans for my courses!
- And more!!
We know that it can be so overwhelming to know where to start, what to work on, and to find the motivation to begin. So we are designing the academy from the ground up to be easy to use and to help you take one small baby step at a time, master it, and move on to the next thing.
Before you know it, you will start to have more joy, peace, and tranquility in your home...all for God's Glory!
The Academy Will Launch With:
- 10+ courses on various aspects of homemaking
- An easy to follow path to guide you through the material
- At least 6 different mentors each teaching different courses
- Workbooks and worksheets with each and every lesson to help you make the most of the teaching
- Ability to access the academy anytime, anywhere, and on any device
- Ability to download all lessons and courses to view while offline
- Amazing bonus resources and tool to help you craft a Gospel-Centered home and discover more JOY and peace within your home!!
A NEW Special Bonus!!
**Update: As of April 17th, we've introduced a brand new bonus when you pre-order My Homemaking Mentor by April 22nd.**
I have been wanting to create a Spiritual Disciplines Binder for myself for a long time. I want something where I can track my sermon notes, the Scripture I'm memorizing that week, record my prayers and more.
And now I've designed TWO different binders for you to choose from - that you get for FREE when you pre-order the academy.
Why TWO designs? The binders are both exactly the same - same pages and same content - but I know everyone is different in their taste and color preferences...so I designed the binder with two different looks so you can pick whichever is your favorite!
Don't worry - I won't make you choose right now. One the pre-orders end on April 22nd, I will send you BOTH binders to enjoy :)
WHEN will it be available?
We have our web developer, graphic designer, and mentors all on stand by ready to jump into developing the academy as soon as it is funded. As soon as we can hit our $7,000 funding goal we can start moving on production right away.
The mentors are lined up, the website is ready to be built, and the graphic designer is ready to start designing all worksheets and bonuses. The full academy and website is expected to launch early July 2016.
BUT as a pre-order member, you will get early beta-access to everything as we develop it, you will get sneak peek footage, and behind the scenes specials of everything that's going on!
WHY do we need $7,000?
God is so good and our online ministry ministry has exploded the last two years - but this also means we have had some growing pains when it comes to technology and setting up websites sophisticated enough to handle our needs.
Over the last year, Jason (my hubby) and I have worked tirelessly to find a better solution. And we've finally found it! My Homemaking Mentor will be built on a brand new, custom platform - and it's not cheap!
But with your help and your pre-orders we are going to be able to make an incredibly website so that we can deliver the very best videos, lessons, and courses on Gospel-Centered Homemaking!
WHAT IF we surpass our goal?
Then first, you will forever have our thanks, our love, and our appreciation for your support in our ministry. And second, it means we might be able to do even more!!
$15,000 Stretch Goal: If we can hit this stretch goal, we are going to add FIVE new courses to the academy for when it launches in July - making that 15 courses total! The fun part is, as a pre-order member you will get to VOTE on what those five courses are AND the mentors we invite to teach those courses!!
$28,000 Stretch Goal: If we hit this goal, we are going to offer a one-day online homemaking conference to ALL BACKERS!! If you've attended either of our fall homemaking conferences, you know that they are a BLAST. So help us reach this goal and get ready to party with this one day online conference coming in Early May!
Pre-Order the Academy Today and get some awesome rewards:
- Available in sizes small - 4XL
- Pick between two designs: This girl runs on coffee and grace AND It Is Well With My Soul
- Once the kickstarter is over, we will collect all size and color options
- FREE shipping to the US
- You choice of size and color
Risks and challenges
There are risks and challenges to developing a website, but we are so grateful that so many things have fallen into place - such as discovering a powerful website option, living up the mentors, and getting the courses ready to film.
We already have the line-up of mentors on board and an amazing web developer and graphic designer waiting and ready to dive into building this beautiful and easy-to-use academy.
Should we experience any significant delays with development, fulfillment, shipping, etc, we will let all backers know and we will keep an open communication.
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com with additional questions you may have.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)