Getting ready to roll...
let’s get to the most important news first:
This is the final update before we start shipping.
We know we have kept you waiting and that’s why we are really happy that today we can feed you with some definite dates and figures:
The first Mellow Boxes will leave the hub in Hamburg on wednesday the 29th of March.
We will ship up to backer #69.
After that we will update the schedule every week with the exact backer numbers.
If everything goes according to plan we are positive to fulfill all Kickstarter orders until mid/end of April.
In addition to that, here are some more infos you should know before you get your Mellow Drives.
1. The wheel problem has been solved!
We did some rework on the injection moulding tool so that now the wheels and the motors fit as snug as a glove. And changing wheels is as smooth and easy as can be.
2. The Mellow App for iOS is ready.
The only thing we are waiting for now is the approval by Apple. As soon as it is available to download in the App store we will give you a shout.
3. As we already announced in a former update, the Endless Ride mode won’t be available yet. You can see and select it on your Remote, but it is not activated. This will be one of the first software updates we will share with you via the App soon after the launch.
4. You have to push start your Mellow Drive before you start accelerating.
This not only saves you a lot of battery capacity, it also gives you a much safer stand on the board.
5. We implemented another safety feature which will be part of the first Riders Licence program ever offered for electric skateboards. You will have to cover a distance of 30km (18,5miles) with your Mellow Drive before you can unlock the topspeed of 40km/h (25mph). In the future we will implement the full Riders License program into the Mellow App to make sure everyone takes his time to get used to the Mellow Drive for your own good and the safety of the people around you.
And last but not least we also have some out and about news for you.
This weekend we will be present at the Festival Roue Libre in Paris.
Check out all the details if you want to swing by for a chat and a ride
Speak to you soon,
Johannes & Kilian