This project's funding goal was not reached on November 22, 2012.
About this project
See Mailbird in Action
Meet our lead app designer and developer to get an early look at just how nice the Mailbird app will be.
With Your Support We Can:
- Focus 100% of our time on Mailbird and get it launched for you as fast as possible
- Develop a Free version of Mailbird
- Provide you with an even more Advanced Mailbird Pro version (at steep discount for our supporters)
- Multi-account support with Unified Inbox
- Support for Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, IMAP and POP3
- Features like: Send later, Remind me later/Postpone (as todo)
- Email Productivity Advisor app, which daily monitors how you use email and provides you with intelligent and informed advice on how to improve your productivity daily
- Open source community, which will create a new ecosystem for awesome email apps focused on making your email experience fun, enjoyable and fast again
- + any feature you may wish, as we listen to every single word from our loyal supporters and community
The Coolest Email App Ever
The world needs a better Windows email application!
Something that's clean, simple and intuitive.
Something that can integrate the best features in the world of online communication and productivity into one sleek package.
Mac-like design with awesomely intuitive Windows usability.
Mailbird will be far superior than e.g. Postbox and Thunderbird both in speed and feature-richness, and we will relentlessly focus on building the absolute best UI experience ever.
We listen carefully to all our user feedback and our current private beta testers already love us for that.
This also mean that when you support, you will be have the opportunity to join us directly in shaping the future of email communication.
Mailbird is your new best friend when it comes to a polished Windows based email application where productivity is king! The clean interface of Mailbird makes email and social integration effortless. With this project, we want to eliminate email clutter, help you be more productive, and throw in a dash of fun so everyone can enjoy email again.
We are customer focused, so what better way to put ourselves out there to you, the future users of Mailbird, who are just as passionate as we are about blowing the minds of email users all over the world. Kickstarter is a wonderful way for us to get connected with users and gain some support to keep the innovative email dream going! It gives us the opportunity to share our app and give back to supporters. It is also a bonus that Kickstarter is a platform that pulls in creative people, which is awesome for revamping email in a "think outside the box" community.
Tell me more!
This is no one-trick-pony in the world of online communication and productivity. This is a desktop application where features and add-ons are unlimited, so it can be a one stop shop for online communication.
The idea for improved design and usability for a Windows email client came about mid year 2011. Why? Because this type of product and experience does not exist for Windows. Desktop email needs a refresher, plus there is a ton of unrealized benefit with building a localized Windows application. We need the funding now more than ever to optimize development and facilitate the big Mailbird beta release anticipated for January 2013. This also includes marketing, as well as major support for the long hours we will be putting into building this fantastic online communication hub. The development of Mailbird will be highly focused on the awesome beta feedback we receive from you.
We need you! Help support on-going development for Mailbird. Join us in spreading the word, and involving people around the world with re-designing the email experience! The final goal for this project is to ensure we launch with a BANG, so we can have a remarkable online communication tool that everyone loves and wants to share.
What people are saying:
"You guys simply rock!" - Mads R. (Denmark)
"Many of us are currently waiting to try out this amazing high flying new email experience aptly named Mailbird." - Brian U. (USA)
"I really want to be a part of the super-secret-beta-testers for Mailbird." - Akash Y. (India)
"A Sparrow-ish (mac) flavored email client for Windows called, #mailBird #like" - Alex P. (Romania)
"Mailbird will make it easy to communicate the things you want in a message. It's straight, to the point and fast...you don't waste any time in Mailbird! I recommend this product to anyone looking to slim down their online correspondence but doesn't want to sacrifice style or personality along the way!" - Jessica L. (USA)
"Willing to test and help make this a great product!" - Ari S. (Brazil)
"A different experience than any other Windows email client out there." - Hari B. (Indonesia)
"A world class startup " - Willix H. @ Sparxup startup conference (VP of Freelancer Australia)
"They deserve lotsa kudos for trying to build an email client. Brave souls!" - Akhmad F. (Indonesia)
“We are really interested to have it on Win8. Can we talk @getmailbird?” - Risman A. (Microsoft Indonesia)
“#sparxup demo 4. http://www.getmailbird.com/ . sparrow for windows. cool idea! bring mac sensibility to beleaguered windows users :-)” - Isaac S. (General Manager of Pollenizer Singapore, co-founder of@blinkbl_nk speaker series)
“@getmailbird I’m feeling the Zen #FTW #sparxup2012” - Vincent P. (Indonesia)
“Soon to be Greatest Windows based Desktop Mail Client >>http://refer.ly/aejUvia @referly” - Ahmad S.(Indonesia)
“Desktop email client. reimagined. http://refer.ly/adn3 via @referly” - Rofiqi S. (Indonesia)
“Mailbird is very sleek! Love it very much.” - Aloysius A. (Indonesia)
“@getmailbird @Aloubier Awesome, guys. Finally a promising Windows mail client. I'm ready for beta testing ;)” - Christian L. (Berlin Windows Developer for 6Wunderkinder)
Risks and challenges
1) Because the world will be ecstatic about Mailbird we have plans in place to support multiple languages. So even though support management will be a challenge, we know our team can handle it with partnerships and resources to help automate and overcome the anticipated surge of Mailbird customers.
2) People that stick to web email. If we exceed our goal with Kickstarter, we can really create a big push for some awesome promotional content and bridge the development gap between web vs. desktop email through the developer community. It won't be easy, but we are a bunch of dedicated "go-getters" at Mailbird who are dedicated to keeping you happy.
3) Handling a large increase of customers. No worries, since we have a powerful engine behind all the data and feedback, so your requests are heard and put into action. How email is today is going to be better, because it will be made by and for you. We will focus on quality and providing value, while building relationships with our users, so you never have to worry about us falling silent.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)