Calling all music and comic fans! We need your help getting our first book printed!
Greetings! We are Jeremy Bentley (artist), and Jeff Burkholder (writer), and we are the co-creators of the weekly online comic The Ouro Bros. and the Neverending Tour. Together we have regularly published The Ouro Bros at ourobros.com for 3 wonderfully fun-packed years.
The Ouro Bros. and the Neverending Tour is the story of two brothers, Stan and Balthazar Ouro, and their chosen life on the road as independently touring musicians. Together, with their trusty van and musical instruments, they are in the process of learning what it takes to become professional musicians, and they seem to be doing it pretty much the hardest way possible.
The first 3 years of this comic sees Stan and Bal getting into all sorts of travel troubles, while along the way meeting a bass player with an attitude (and a bit of an anger management problem), and a keyboardist with a penchant for creating his own gadgets (not to mention a cast of other quirky characters!). After 3 years of regularly publishing The Ouro Bros, we decided it was time to collect all of those strips into one printed volume - a story about how our characters formed the 4-piece band that they are today.
The book layout is already completed. It is ready to be sent to a printer. All we need you to do is click on the "Back This Project" button so we can get it made! If everyone who loves The Ouro Bros (and maybe a few new fans?) pitch in, it should be easy to reach our goal, which will pay for printing, shipping, and campaign-related costs.
By contributing to this book campaign, you will win the gratitude of two hard-working family-man comic creators and as special thanks, you will get something for yourself. For example, anyone who pledges at the "Super Fan" level gets the printed book ($20) signed by both of us, a PDF copy of the book, and everyone who contributes at any level gets their name printed in the "Thank You" section of the book.
Higher level contributors can get unique penciled and inked drawings done by Jeremy in the inside of the book, signed prints of the strip of your choice, a future appearance in the Ouro Bros webcomic (at ourobros.com), even a recurring character in the ongoing story, based on you!
In reality, we need a platform like Kickstarter, and some friends and supporters like you, to help us make this first larger step in the growth of The Ouro Bros from a webcomic, to a printed comic volume. Being in a band doesn't typically come with a paycheck, and neither has this artistic storytelling endeavor. So please help us make a small dream of ours come true! And if you like what you see, please tell your friends and family - It's easy to share our campaign on Facebook!
For international (non-U.S.) rewards, there is an additional charge for shipping. We've kept that as low as possible to compensate for shipping anywhere in the world. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.
We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for helping us make our Kickstarter campaign a success. After 3 years of The Ouro Bros and the Neverending Tour, this is one step in the right direction of making this comic so much more for the future!
We met our initial goal! Thank you all so much! Now, as the project continues to fund, we created some additional goals to shoot for, which include rewards for everyone that has already pledged (and will pledge) the $20 printed book level and above! The more goals we hit, the more stuff you guys get. It's our way of saying thank you for pledging!
Here is a more detailed description of each currently visible goal:
- At $2,000, we will considerably upgrade the quality of the cover stock and inside paper, giving all of you that pledged at the printed book level ($20 and above) an even nicer book! <--- Thanks to pledges on 6/5/2013, THIS IS HAPPENING NOW!
- At $2,500, all those who pledged at $20 and above will also get a 4-button pack of Ouro Bros 1" pin-back buttons (each button will be different), as well as a swanky printed bookmark for your book! These will ship with your current rewards. <--- Thanks to pledges on 6/22/2013, THIS IS HAPPENING NOW!
- At $3,000, we get the Elle mini-comic (“Sound and Fury”) printed as a separate treat! That storyline was always designed to look and feel like a comic book; if we hit that stretch goal, it will actually be one! For all those backing at the $20 (signed, printed book) level and above, we will sign your copy of the Elle comic, and it will ship along with your current rewards! <--- Thanks to pledges on 6/25/2013, THIS IS HAPPENING NOW!
- At $4,000, we will mail you a specially-made Ouro Bros greeting card for the Holidays (in December), and it will have a special holiday surprise tucked inside! Oooooooo the mystery. It's... a Holiday Mystery! And it will be added to the list of rewards achieved to those backers at $20 and above!
- At $5,000, we will make Ouro Bros t-shirts (design revealed after $4,000 Stretch Goal is achieved), and everyone who pledged $20 and above will get it shipped with current rewards!
Risks and challenges
When funded, the only real risk/challenge may be if the book gets tied up for any reason at the printer, making for a longer wait for us to get the books (pre-signing, etc).
After this project is successfully funded, we will begin by immediately sending it off to the printer. The size of the run depends on if we simply meet the funding goal, or if we surpass it, but it's getting printed right away! And then as soon as we get the books back, we will immediately begin fulfilling all the rewards so you can have your book (and other reward incentives) as soon as is humanly possible!
Thank you for your time and thank you for your support.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)