The first in a collection of affordable anatomy figures for artists of all genres
We're launching this Kickstarter campaign in the hope of funding the development of a range of anatomical reference models at affordable prices, without compromising on quality. Our goal is to give every artist the chance to develop their anatomy skills without having to pay a fortune for the privilege!
Whether you use pencil and paper, paintbrushes, clay or any form of digital art software, our models will be invaluable if you want to understand the form and structure of human anatomy. Our first figure is a neutrally posed, athletic build male at a scale of 1/6. This smaller size and low price tag makes this model a perfect desktop reference, while also maintaining all the detail you'll need.
Sculpted by Federico Scarbini, a classically trained professional character model, this model is cast in grey resin to make the variation in the surfaces and directional flow of the muscles easy to see and understand. One half of the model shows full skin, while the other is a clear and detailed dissection revealing muscle structure.
If this project is fully funded then we hope to follow it with a full range of anatomical figures including a female model, different body-types and posed figures.
The Reward Tiers
We have tried our best to come up with tiers that will benefit you as much as possible, with some tiers designed for art groups, classes or friends to save even more money. We have tiers to suit all budgets, plus some great extras you can get your hands on including:
- Our ‘Making the Most of your Anatomy Figure’ video from our in-house artist Rich Tilbury. This video is designed for both beginners and as a refresher for the experienced to help you gauge what aspects are important when it comes to getting the correct proportions in your artwork. Rich will run through how having your model in certain lighting conditions and positioned at varying angles can help you achieve the correct details, alongside fundamental anatomical principles.
- A5 3DTotal sketchbooks and mechanical pencils make it easy to practice and refine your work on the go or jot down some new ideas.
- The Beginner's Guide to Creating Manga Art book – An insight into the creation of manga art, focusing on coloring, drawing and designing characters using traditional and digital methods.
- Our Digital Painting Techniques: Volume 4 book – The successful Digital Painting Techniques series celebrates its fourth year by offering another volume chocked full of advice, tips and techniques for digital artists.
- A chance to get great savings off the male anatomy figures by getting your friends and classmates together. Save money on two figures or group together and get five for an even better price.
3DTotal.com is a successful resource site that has been providing students and professional CG artists with valuable training and resources for over 10 years. In 2010, 3DTotal Publishing was born, followed two years later by the recently launched 2D art and resource website LayerPaint.com.
This is our second Kickstarter project after successfully launching Prime Wars, a strategic card battle game (here). The card game showcased some of the amazing digital artwork we have on our website, 3DTotal.com every day. As well as wanting to showcase the artwork that is out there, we also focus on helping people get started and develop their own artistic skills.
Up to this point, all of our art resources have been in the form of online tutorials, eBooks, printed books and workshops. While a book or tutorial can be a fantastic training resource, when it comes to anatomy, reference models give artists the invaluable opportunity to explore the different shapes of the human body first hand, while also witnessing how light interacts with the different forms.
A Message from Us:
First of all, if you are reading this then thank you for showing an interest in our project. If you have already pledged, or are thinking about pledging, some of your hard-earned cash to help us make our male anatomical figure then we would like to say an even bigger thanks!
We have a lot of experience working in the digital art industry as a publisher and resource site, so we really feel we can deliver a great product for you all. In return for pledging your money and the time it takes to keep up with the project, we promise to deliver a great quality product in a timely fashion for you to enjoy.
If you have hopped onto this page from seeing our previous project Prime Wars then thanks again and again for your support and interest in our projects, we really appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave us messages, comments and tweet us as we love keeping up with you all during the project.
The 3DTotal Team
Shipping Details (Rest of World)
For all countries that fall into the 'Rest of the world' category, your shipping is as follows (add this to your pledge):
Tier 3 - Add £5 (not tracked & no replacements) or add £65 (tracked & guaranteed)
Tier 4 - Add £15 (not tracked & no replacements) or add £65 (tracked & guaranteed)
Tier 5 - Add £20 (not tracked & no replacements) or add £65 (tracked & guaranteed)
Tier 6 - Add £30 (not tracked & no replacements) or add £85 (tracked & guaranteed)
Tier 7 - Add £10 (not tracked & no replacements) or add £70 (tracked & guaranteed)
Tier 8 - Add £30 (not tracked & no replacements) or add £85 (tracked & guaranteed)
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Most of the challenges have been faced already, but the most obvious ones left would be getting the funding for the project and then supplying the rewards as expected and on time. We're very confident that we can achieve this and we're looking forward to seeing the response to our project!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.