We interrupt this broadcast with some (more) breaking news!
Back to our regularly scheduled programming.
In the two player game KAPOW! you and your adversary go head to head in a classic comic book inspired clash of Good vs. Evil. Each game last 25-30mins and features buildable action dice.
KAPOW! uses buildable dice, allowing you to add / remove dice faces during the course of a battle. This makes for a super-strategic dice-battling experience. With each roll, you decide how to attack, defend, and power up your character by choosing where to place your dice. The battles get more explosive with each roll and as you gain more dice and dice faces. KAPOW! is simple to learn (roll and place), but has layers of strategy as you customize your dice pool and leverage the unique powers of the KAPOW! universe's heroes and villains (see the crew below!).
The fun is fast and furious...get ready to rumble superhero style with KAPOW!
Time to choose!
Are you a hero...
Or are you a villain?
KAPOW! is a 2-player game that can be expanded to 3 or 4 players (via the Mayhem pledge level).
Each brawl in KAPOW! is dynamic because the buildable action dice are always changing. You can power up for the next round by acquiring more dice and/or faces for your action dice. You want to bring the pain??? Get more offensive faces for your dice. Are you feeling defense is the key to victory? Go with speed and agility. Adapt to your opponent: bob and weave, or push the action! It is no holds barred when you square off in KAPOW!
Our intrepid design team was interviewed by Keith Schleicher of Gaming Trend!
and our friends at Heimspiele have Kapow! getting a little love from across the pond!
KAPOW! pledge level contains -
- Full retail copy of the game (2 player brawls)
- 2 Tri-fold player boards (Attack/Defend/Power Up)
- 2 Hero/Villain boards - double sided
- 2 Player screens with quick reference information
- 20 Custom acrylic dice
- 4 Red, 4 Yellow, 4 Green, 4 Purple, and 4 Blue
- 6 Custom buildable dice
- 76 Faces for the buildable dice
- 12 White, 10 Red, 10 Yellow, 8 Purple, 8 Green, 8 Blue, 20 Gray
- 1st Player token
- 6 "Lock in" tokens (not shown)
- Health tracker with 2 wooden marker tokens
- Game box with full art top and bottom
Plus all unlocked stretch goals!
Mayhem pledge level contains -
- Expansion #1 (3 player - 1 vs. 2 Play)
- 1 Mega-Villain player board
- 1 Mega-Villain player card deck
- Expansion #2 (4 player - 2 vs. 2 Play)
- 2 Duo boards
- 4 Attack pointers
- 2 Complete copies of the game (2 or 4 player brawls)
- 2 Game boxes with full art top and bottom
- 2 Rulebooks
- 2 1st Player tokens
- 12 "Lock in" tokens (not shown)
- 2 Health trackers with 4 wooden marker tokens
- 4 Tri-fold player boards (Attack/Defend/Power Up)
- 4 Hero/Villain boards - double sided
- 4 Player screens with quick reference information
- 40 Custom acrylic dice
- 8 Red, 8 Yellow, 8 Green, 8 Purple, and 8 Blue
- 12 Custom buildable dice
- 152 Faces for the buildable dice
- 24 White, 20 Red, 20 Yellow, 16 Purple, 16 Green, 16 Blue, 40 Gray
Plus all unlocked stretch goals!
The real Superheroes...
Doug, Larry, and Carl have been designing games for multiple publishers for the better part of 10 years. After three years of design and testing, they are excited to team up with L4 Studios and bring KAPOW! to your table!
To our families for putting up with endless playtesting sessions. Our wives for providing snacks during those endless sessions and for putting up with us! Dawson Hettrick for embodying the spirit of Victor Kane. Amelia Hettrick for providing the inspiration for Hasty Meh. Dave Martin for hours of math.
Dawson Hettrick, Amelia Hettrick, Davin Hettrick, Oliver Van Ostrand, Matt Gianutsos, Dave Martin, Glenn Drover, Keith Blume and a whole host of others at every con we went to!
Risks and challenges
With every project there are risks, L4 Studios and 2 Ton Porcupine are taking all steps possible to make Kapow! an exciting and satisfying campaign for everyone.
2Ton Porcupine has been designing games for ten years and has been working on KAPOW! for three years. The design has been heavily playtested and continues to receive excellent reviews from playtesters. The design is done, prototyping is complete, and the factory is waiting for the order to begin production.
L4 Studios has brought in Mr. B Games to handle the fulfillment and distribution of Kapow! We hope that our past track record in publishing will put everyone's minds at ease. Mr. B. Games has delivered on 13 of its 15 Kickstarter projects on time or early. We are not new to the industry and have been making games in some capacity since 2005. With our previous experiences, we can pool from the 20+ combined years of lessons (both good and bad) to ensure a smooth and accurate production and delivery.
We hope that you will help support us in our publishing and distribution efforts, and thank you in advance for your confidence in the team!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)