Like war gaming and zombies? Look no further! Help finish and produce a professional digital rule book free for the community! The Rule book is currently only 33% finished and requires additional funding for a complete professional product. We require additional artwork, game mechanics, digital design and story elements. We need the communities support!
- Free downloadable rule book with 3 distinct games
- Both modern and fantasy versions available
- Point based character or army creation
- Movement, shooting, and hand to hand combat
- Variety of missions in a easy to learn D8 system
- Periodic updates and additions
- Did I mention zombies?!
Quick snapshot of additional backer rewards, this is not all though please check below in the stretch goals for additional information!
Important: The rule book is free for everyone via digital download in PDF format already and will remain free forever. You can download Version 1.9 (current version) below as well as a preview of the new layout which is still largely unfinished!
Project Path: Initial funding has been reached! Onto the stretch goals, lets unlock digital cards and some miniatures you can't find anywhere else! You can expect updates to the rule book as they are finished, all of the major funded work will be updated within the first few months after this kickstarter.
The rules are easy and straight forward, any roll needed is clearly defined on the units statistic lines. No need to do complicated math, just play and have fun! Check out the basic demo below.
You may have noticed there are NO specific miniatures associated with BioSyndrome (with the exception of the tentacle zombie and mutant overseer stretch goals). You can simply use any miniatures you want to play with, providing that you follow the basic army basing guidelines already in the rule book or have an agreement with your opponents prior to playing.
Have some soldiers collecting dust on your shelf? Got zombies from another game? Re-purpose them to fight off the zombie hordes or eat the survivors and spread the infection! Basically the rule book allows you to use your favorite miniatures while keeping the game balanced, fair and fun. There is no such thing as "using proxies" in Biosyndrome or having to use a specific expensive line of miniatures. Use your favorites!
We are initially funded and have reached stretch goal #2 unlocking the miniature Patient Zero at 2400$! Now on to the stretch goal for the campaign settings - then to the mutant overseer!
- Additional artwork will be produced to create digital cards for all three sets of rules. Cards will be created for magic spells, equipment and weapons. The cards will make customizing your armies and or your role playing character easier, more personal and give you a means to keep track of certain stats during game play. Additionally the digital cards can be used for inventory purposes while playing the pen and paper version. The digital cards will be formatted for easy printing and fit into normal card protectors. Card backs will also be produced and formatted for double sided printing. Below are some alpha versions of modern equipment.
Alpha cards preview video below! The card artwork has changed, the video will give you an idea of how they will turn out. Will release a new video in the upcoming week highlighting the new artwork! This stretch goal is unlocked!
- A limited official KS backer only reward will be introduced. Backers at the 25+ pledge level and all tiers above will receive one "Patient Zero" 28-32mm resin zombie tentacle miniature with free shipping in the US and Europe. All other international backers may need to cover any additional shipping. 70+ pledge level will receive 2 minis. Below is the original concept art that is being used for the master model. You will not find many miniatures like this one any place else! This is one of the few units in the rule book that has no miniature available for purchase and had to be scratch built unless we reach this stretch goal! As we near this stretch goal, pictures of the 3d model and master model will be released in updates. Help us spread the infection and claim your limited miniature!
- A robust campaign setting will be added to the pen and paper version for zombie masters to utilize while creating campaigns for both modern and fantasy settings. In addition to the campaign settings, one full color world map for each genre will be completed. Full sized dungeons and towns with NPCs will be introduced giving survivors a great place to start their journey. A player character survival guide will be introduced, giving player characters more class and ability options to expand upon then the base rule set allows. This upgrade will consist of both a medieval and modern setup allowing your gaming group the choice of which genre to survive in. Additionally all backers at the 70$ and up range will receive a complete set of printed cards (fantasy and modern) on card stock and protected in card sleeves along with their "patient zero" miniature!
- I bet you thought "Patient Zero" was one bad zombie, well say hello to the "Mutant Overseer"! This beast of a mini will be put into production and given to all backers at the 70$ and over pledge levels. The miniature will be scaled for 28mm (though will be quite larger) and include two Gatling guns. You will not find a miniature quite like this anywhere else! Perfect for any post apocalyptic setting and a must have for eating survivors!
At certain stages of successful stretch goal funding, new rewards will be available for all backers at the 25$ pledge level and above. Below is a more detailed overview of said rewards.
1750+ level: Backers will receive large digital edition cards for magic spells as well as equipment and weapons for all rule versions. This includes the original PSD files for anyone wanting to create some of their own stuff!
2400+ level: Again, all backers of the 25+ pledge level and above will receive one patient zero resin miniature. The 70 and 100+ pledge level will receive two minis. Shipping will be free in the US and Europe, any other international locations will have to cover the additional shipping cost.
3250+ level: Backers will receive the campaign maps in extra large digital format for use in their campaigns. A new limited video will be available to official backers, giving you a glimpse of surviving the apocalypse in the pen and paper version! All backers at the 70$ level and over will receive one complete set of printed cards including all weapons and armor from the fantasy and modern version.
4500+ level: Again, all backers at the 70$ pledge level and above will receive one beast of a miniature, the "Mutant Overseer"! Help us reach this goal by sharing with your friends we still have plenty of time! Free shipping to US and Europe. Add 10$ to your pledge for any other county.
Please check out the Biosyndrome youtube channel below for more rule demos and videos, If you enjoy the videos, please subscribe! =)
Side notes: If you like this project and are unable to contribute financially do not feel bad! You can still be a part of the project. We are in need of ideas, feedback, constructive criticism and additional ways to improve the rule book and as always you can tell your friends by passing the word on throughout the gaming community! If you are a miniature or terrain company you can also donate services and if you would like to donate pictures of your painted terrain and miniatures to add into the rule book. Feel free to grab the latest version of the rule book and give it a good look over, I need to know what the community members who will be playing the game are thinking! Help me make the game better!
- You can find miniatures from many different places or stores already that will work great with this game. Check out a few example armies assembled to play BioSyndrome from the images below:
These are not the only armies that are playable in BioSyndrome. There are quite a few more and additional armies will be added as new releases come out. A few upcoming armies to look forward to: Pirate crew, the Roman Legion, the Brotherhood. There are two different types of armies, official and custom. Official armies are part of the BioSyndrome story, where as custom armies are not in the back story, but would be fun to play anyways. Both are unique and will give you many options to play in all three different rule sets of BioSyndrome!
Risks and challenges
Production has already began! Supporting this project will be low risk as we have already been working on the rule book for over a year and have released digital versions for free online, we just need your help to finish it! Since the item we are producing is free for the community, the pledge level gifts are not as great as other kickstarter projects, please keep in mind contributing to this project is helping the community as a whole. This project is for additional artwork and professional design, to only improve and finish what has already been created. Almost all of the backer pledge levels are digital content which I either have in my possession or have the the ability to create without hindrance. Please keep in mind that the artwork can only be created as fast as the artist can create it. Thank you for reading, we appreciate the interest and any help you can provide!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)