Hello and welcome to Baux Pen 2... the original Baux Pen Kickstarter project in 2013 seems like forever ago! We get asked about it a lot, so we've decided to bring it back! So, for the 2018 Baux Pen 2...
it's time for a major upgrade!
Before we discuss that... the basic premise of the project remains the same...
- a cool machined pen barrel utilizing BIC Stic/Cristal inks (super inexpensive 'refills' available in lots of line weights and colors)
- using the BIC cap... never worry about losing your cap... you likely already have a bunch... and you can change up the cap color as you like
- offered in cool/bright/fun anodized aluminum colors
So, how do you upgrade a simple, inexpensive machined aluminum barrel for a Bic Stic pen you ask? Here's how...
- We're going from a 1 piece to a 3 piece machined barrel design... BOOM!
- We're going to offer the 3 parts in multiple anodized colors that you can mix up however you'd like for a unique multi-color look... BAM!
- We're offering an optional Titanium grip... POW!
- We're offering PERSONALIZATION via laser marking for individual pens... KA-CHOW!
- We'll ask if you're right handed or left handed and orient the Baux Logo or the personalization accordingly... BOP!
- The starting price remains the same at $9 per pen... CHA-CHING!
(fine print... there's a 3 pen minimum and Titanium grips and personalization are additional:)
Why Bic Stic?
Bic Stic pens are simply iconic! They are widely available, inexpensive, and come in many colors and line weights.
We're reusing the ink collar and cap... those you can change out to whatever color you'd like. Plus, never worry about losing your cap... you likely already have lots of 'replacements'.
Plus, Bic Stic pens are often underestimated for their writing/drawing experience. Prior to launch, we've sent out a few prototypes to some talented folks @BauxPens follows on Instagram... here's what they were able to do!
The Baux 2: Make it your own!
Personalize Text Options!
We've selected 8 free fonts that you will specify along with your text. This information will be collected in the project 'survey' at the end of the project.
The Baux Pen 2 design is done. It's been prototyped and tested. The machine shop we intend to use for production has made initial samples and they are ready to make production quantities (we've used them before so no surprises there). If the project successfully funds, we plan to ship by December. We always work to beat expectations and we'll again work hard to do that on Baux 2.
So, if you're in need of some relatively inexpensive but exceptionally cool and unique gifts... consider getting some early holiday shopping done by backing Baux Pens!
Thanks for stopping by and checking out the project!
Dan & Brian
Risks and challenges
Hello! we've created and fulfilled 11 Kickstarter projects between us. We've backed 60+ projects. We're experienced with the Kickstarter process and what it takes to get a project from idea to reward fulfillment. For us, the risks come down to 1-relying on supplier/partners for the quality manufacture of our designs, 2-getting everything done per schedule (there's potentially a lot of laser marking for us to do!), and 3-Effectively handling logistics of getting everything shipped correctly. To mitigate risks, we've done a good amount of up front prototyping to validate the design and develop a good relationship with the selected parts manufacturers. Beyond that, we'll work extra hard on the back end to maintain our established record of on time fulfillment! Through it all, we'll keep you regularly updated!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)