Welcome to our journey!
Tacoma Narrows is a 6 piece folk-rock band rapidly gaining popularity in New York City and across the country.
We've taken all the best parts of folk, bluegrass, americana, funk and rock, and stirred them up to create a new American sound, and we're becoming known for our high-energy, dance-infused live shows.
Tacoma Narrows is named after the old bridge in Washington that collapsed in the 1940s, a tragic but beautiful show of physics and the power of mother nature.
Over the past 2 years, we've been totally blown away by the incredible support and loyalty of our fans and friends. We're on the verge of something big, and we humbly ask for your support as we take the next step on this journey!
A little about our history:
Two years ago, we raised money for our first album, 'Good Mourning', which we released last November (2015). Since then, it's gone much better than we expected:
- We played a sold out album release show at Rockwood Music Hall.
- We won NPRs "Great Outdoor" contest out of 6000+ entries with our original video and song "Youthful Hearts."
- We're being flown out to LA to headline at both the Tiny Porch Concert Series (Sep 10) and at the world renowned Hotel Cafe (Sep 9).
- We headlined last year and will headline this year at Carolina Jubilee's Music and Food Festival to support The Carolina Farm Trust and sustainable farming (Sept. 30 and Oct. 1).
- We've booked a 12 city tour through the south and up through Chicago; we're playing venues like ISIS Music Hall in Ashville, Smith's Olde Bar in Atlanta, The Evening Muse in Charlotte and The Elbo Room in Chicago.
- We've played three residencies in New York, one at Rockwood Stage 1, one at Stage 2 and the other at Pianos. We've also headlined twice at Bowery Electric.
- We were voted 2015 Top 100 Live Performances by Music Connection.
Bottom line: We've come a long way in a short amount of time and with a little help we think we can go much further:
We need at least $15,000 to get our second album tracked, mixed, mastered and produced. Here you can see an estimated budget breakdown.
$20,000 will help us promote the album so people can hear it.
$25,000 will help fund our tour.
We're really excited about this next phase of Tacoma Narrows and excited that you are a part of it.
Below is a description and pictures of some of our rewards. If you have ideas for other rewards, please let us know!
Risks and challenges
The biggest challenge that we faced last time was getting the album out when we said we would. This time around, I think we will be more efficient and realistic with our time frame.
We have fulfilled all of the rewards for our first project and will be able to deliver them again this time around.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (49 days)