Metro Galactic: Fine Prints & T-Shirts (Canceled)
A perfectly accurate map of the Galaxy, with every constellation presented as its own station on the Galactic Metro Map.
Metro Galactic is the first effort to visualise the constellations of our galaxy in such a unique way.
With perfect accuracy, and minimalist design, these prints and t-shirts are cosmological works of art.
The whole concept of Metro Galactic is that every constellation acts as its own station on a Galactic Metro Map.
The goal when creating the design was to forge together a common system of transport used on Earth today, with the stars in our galaxy.
This collaboration of elements allows us to view the night's sky in a completely new, and unique way. This is the first ever map to link together the night's sky in such a way.
By taking a relatively old concept, and applying it to the future, new ideas are born.
The two aims of this project were:
- To design a minimalist piece of art that depicts something mesmerising in an entirely new way
- To maintain total stellar accuracy throughout the map, without compromising design quality
The design process began with an image of the galaxy's constellations, and from that point nine lines were created to logically connect them to each other.
Each line has been given it's own name and colour. 9 vibrant colours in total.
Larger stations on the Metro Galactic have been marked in two ways:
- When two lines crossover to create a station, it's a Stellar Station.
- When two lines run parallel to connect lines, it's an Intergalactic Station.
I elected to use the font Helvetica throughout the project, keeping in theme with the minimalism of the artwork.
The print comes in two colours, and two sizes:
- A1 with blue background
- A1 with black background
- A2 with blue background
- A2 with black background
What makes these prints so special?
These are the highest quality prints you will ever buy. Great efforts into the sourcing of the paper and ink used has ensured the best possible standard of print - designed to last a lifetime.
- Printed on 300gsm fine art matte paper
- Printed using the best lithographic printing technology (ensuring superior accuracy of detail)
- Sharp vibrant print detail with an exceptional colour gamut
- Smudge free and non-reflective finish
- Ideal for framing
These prints are truly of a museum standard quality, and were created as such purposefully to allow this design to be hung on walls as a piece of art, rather than simply a poster.
By using the highest quality paper, printing technology and ink - you can be rest assured every aspect of the print is perfected.
The same minimalist, and vibrant Metro Galactic design is also available on T-Shirts. AVAILABLE IN ALL SIZES FOR MEN AND WOMEN (XXS - XXL)
The three colour options are:
- Space Black
- Cobalt Blue
- Marl Grey
All t-shirts are silk-screen printed, creating the smoothest possible effect, designed specifically to maintain its vibrancy and colour - so as not to fade or degrade over time.
100% organic cotton fabrics have been used for the t-shirt's production, ensuring long lasting comfort and the perfect fit.
The Reward Tiers have been carefully selected to allow for any possible combination of Metro Galactic Prints and T-shirts, and to provide big discounts on all Reward Tiers!
To provide an extra reward for certain backers, big discounts are available on all reward tiers that include two or more products.
- EARLY BIRD orders receive: 20% DISCOUNT - (limited quantity)
- All orders that include two products receive: 20% DISCOUNT
- All orders that include three products receive: 25% DISCOUNT
- All Reward Tiers £40 and above include a free authentic Metro Galactic ticket (one for each product in your order), printed on the same 300gsm fine art matte paper, and they too are printed using the same lithographic technology.
- The perfect addition to your order, gaining you guaranteed entry on Metro Galactic's inaugural journey.
Great care was taken when selecting a printing partner to work with.
After much deliberation, GPS Colour were chosen.
The first printing company in the entire country to become completely Carbon Neutral, we are proud to delegate the printing of the artwork to GPS.
Founded over 200 years ago in 1797, GPS have more experience in the industry than anyone else.
With distribution also managed in-house by GPS, speedy delivery is guaranteed. Without the need to outsource services such as shipping to other companies, GPS provide a full turn-key solution.
There is no time restrictions waiting for separate companies to deliver, package and distribute your order - all this will be managed within the same building, with the best experts on the job.
Currently, 14 men and women, 9 birds, two insects, 19 land animals, 10 water creatures, two centaurs, one head of hair, a serpent, a dragon, a flying horse, a river and 29 inanimate objects are represented in the night sky.
- Centaurus contains the largest number of visible stars at 101.
- The biggest constellation is Hydra which extends over more than 3% of the night sky, whilst the smallest is Crux which covers only 0.165%.
- Canis Major contains the brightest star in the celestial heavens, named Sirius.
Risks and challenges
A lot of preparation has been undertaken to ensure all aspects of the project run smoothly throughout and after the Kickstarter campaign.
The most common difficulty that project's can face post funding is shipping and distribution.
Our method of avoiding any issues in the area of shipping and distribution, has been to select a printing facility that can manage this all by themselves with a state of the art fulfillment center on site.
With the same company managing printing and distribution, this increases the efficiency and speed of the process greatly, meaning you have your order sooner!
This same facility provides secure shipping solutions too, so that your order arrives in perfect condition.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)