Stay Active and Stay Connected!
Welcome Kickstarter fans! We are pleased to introduce inCync™ — the smallest, lightest Bluetooth speaker & hands free speaker phone that goes anywhere, fits anywhere, and sounds absolutely fantastic! inCync is the ultimate in wearable technology.
- Listen to music, audio books, and pod casts while keeping your iPhone or Smart Phone safely tucked away in your pocket, purse, or backpack.
- Make and receive phone calls - hands free.
- Listen to turn-by-turn directions from your iPhone or Smart Phone GPS.
- Interact with Siri on iPhone and equivalent voice assistants on Android and other Smart Phones.
The patent pending inCync clips on caps, clothing, purses, backpacks… anywhere that works for you — and weighs only 26 grams (less than 1 ounce). inCync is so light and compact, you hardly know you are wearing it… but don’t let the size fool you. This full-featured audio device has a miniaturized but powerful amplifier that delivers the kind of sound you’d expect from a much larger portable speaker. And when making phone calls over Bluetooth, the sound quality on both ends of the call is crystal clear. inCync also includes a 3.5 mm audio-out port that turns anything wired into wireless.
Take portable to the extreme enjoying music and phone calls using the smallest Bluetooth speaker & speaker phone ever. For the utmost in wireless freedom, we invite you to experience inCync — the very latest in portable Bluetooth innovations.
Happy Valentines Day!
What People are Saying about inCync
"...since the device does not go over the ears, you are able to hear car horns, emergency vehicles, etc. So, say you are out jogging or riding a bike, you will remain fully aware of your surroundings. That’s a great safety feature. Especially for moms that are on the go."
inCync Goes Everywhere You Go
Did We Mention Safety?
inCync does not cover the ears so you can always hear ambient sounds like car horns and emergency vehicle sirens. While walking, jogging, or riding a bike you remain fully aware of your surroundings.
(Small) Size Matters
The inCync Audio System - Micro-Sized but Big on Sound.
Controlling inCync is as Easy as 1-2-3.
One Sealed Connector for Charging and Audio-Out.
inCync Turns Wired into Wireless.
Included with your inCync:
Charge your inCync with the Charging Adapter. It's super compact and will charge inCync from any USB port or USB wall adapter. Store your gear in the black Micro-fiber drawstring pouch (which doubles as a screen cleaner)..
Bonus Item! The Accessory Clip
Everyone who makes a contribution for any reward level that includes an inCync will also receive this handy accessory clip.
inCync Classic and Special Edition Colors
The inCync "I'm Connected" T-Shirts
These great looking t-shirts, designed by award winning designer Xavier Estrada, are 100% Organic Ring Spun Cotton with three color screen printing on the front, and 2 color printed inCync logo on the back.
The color choices are black and natural white and are available in sizes S to XXL..
Our Backer Rewards
The Story Behind inCync – A Three Year Journey.
Like so many projects on Kickstarter, it all starts with a sketch of an “idea”. Back in late 2010, inventor Bud Wilcox was thinking up a device that would allow him to listen to music and make phone calls while playing golf and other outdoor sports. He wanted something that did not block out ambient noise and he eventually came up with the idea of a very small Bluetooth speaker phone that could be clipped to the bill of a ball or runners cap. .
Big Evolution for a Tiny Product.
By mid 2012 we had a clear path and were busy designing the product, starting with some early form factors which eventually morphed into the finished design you see here today. It took three rounds of prototypes until we were satisfied with the appearance, functionality, and performance, and now the design is complete and ready for the commercialization phase – production tooling, certifications, and first production builds.
Under the Hood...the nuts and bolts.
inCync electrical, mechanical, and software design is ready for production.
- We are using a proven Bluetooth design from a previous product we created called FreeWheelin. We are using the same certified Bluetooth module.
- The pre-certified module is CSR BlueCore5 chip based and includes CSR CVC (Clear Voice Capture) for improved phone call quality (Noise and Wind Suppression, Echo Cancellation).
- The battery is a 230mAh Lithium Polymer cell with protection circuit that provides up to 8 hours of music playtime and up to 10 hours of talk time.
- The water resistant design involves co-molding of the rubber buttons to the top housing and rubber gaskets that seal the housings. The 3.5 mm charging and audio-out jack has a tethered rubber plug hatch to keep dust and moisture from getting inside.
- The LED indicator is laser etched rather than using a light pipe. Not only does this look cool, but provides yet another seal from the outside dust and moisture.
- The ABS outer housing is a satin finish and the ABS inner housing is high polished, providing a nice visual contrast. The buttons have a nice snappy, tactile feel and the metal spring clip is heat treated spring steel with black power coat.
How will we use the Kickstarter funds?
We have already started on the big part of the project - the production tooling, and will soon have first shots off the tools followed by some functional engineering prototypes. The remaining items we need your support on are as follows:
- Assembly and Test Fixtures
- Packaging Development
- Certifications including FCC and CE
- Pre-Production/Validation Build and Production Build
The tooling and first engineering prototypes will actually be completed during the Kickstarter campaign and we will be keeping our backers up to date with news and progress pictures.
The schedule below includes all remaining items that will be completed after the Kickstarter campaign has ended.
Risks and challenges
This project is a re-launch and we have learned many things since the original project we launched September of 2013 and canceled in October 2013. One thing we did not have in place prior to launch was the social media and PR engines in place required to drive backers to our Kickstarter page. We have since engaged top notch PR firm and consultant in Social Media to prime the pump. In addition, we have added more exciting rewards and more reward levels. But the biggest news is that shortly after we canceled, we received funding from investors who believe in the product and the team and that enabled us to start on the tooling prior to this re-launch. The tooling is the largest expense of this project. This allowed us to reduce the funding goal to $20,000 and it gave us at least a 3 month jump on delivering our backer rewards.
The team behind inCync has many years of experience in bringing products from concept to the retail shelves, many of them being Bluetooth audio products. We are also working with a manufacturing partner who is not new to us and that we have a long term, working relationship with. We also have a very stable design and have made functional prototypes that meet our spec and expectations.
Typical Risks (and how we will mitigate the risks) include:
1. Tooling issues: We are nearly complete on the tooling and so far there are no issues and everything is on schedule. We will soon have first shots off the tools.
2. Certifications: We are quite confident that inCync will pass all certifications as we are using hardware that we have used in a previous product including a pre-certified Bluetooth module. In fact, using a pre-certified Bluetooth module helps to speed up the certification process and lowers certification costs.
3. Managing the project and making schedule: We will maintain frequent contact including weekly conference calls with our manufacturing partner and will plan on-site meetings at all critical points on the schedule.
That said, nothing in manufacturing a product is like “falling off a log” and even the simplest of things can become a challenge. However, based on the teams experience this will be more like hiking a large but familiar hill rather than climbing a mountain peak full of treacherous crevasses! In the end, it’s all about the journey – and we have a passion for taking these journeys to success so we hope that you will put your trust in us and come along for the ride and Stay Connected!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)