The Kickstarter Puzzle Pack is here!
We're excited to announce that we have a shiny new Puzzle Depot demo to share with you! If you missed out on the daily challenges during the Kickstarter, now is your chance! The Puzzle Pack is available to all backers at the $25 or more level.
You will be receiving an email with your individual download link in a separate email from this update, from our admin@laughingmanatee account. The download is hosted through itch.io, the same service that hosts the original demo.
This special version features a collection of daily challenges, originally presented during our Kickstarter event. Every room has been given a fresh coat of paint, but otherwise has been kept as true as possible to the original puzzles. A number of notes have been added, discussing aspects of development and other fun facts about the world of Puzzle Depot. We've also included a bonus room... and it's a doozy!
This build represents a significant milestone for us, and you will notice many updates compared to the old .17 demo. Here's the short list:
- Addition of options menu, allowing volume control, keybindings, and more
- Player input overhaul, allowing for controller support!
- Vastly improved memory usage compared to .17
- Reworked UI and a proper mini-map
- Updates to most art assets
- A variety of new objects and terrain
- Datalog entries for all interesting objects
- General improvements to... nearly everything!
- May experience FPS reduction on older machines (press F1 to check FPS counter)
- Possible issue with support for Xbox controllers.
If you notice your frame rate is consistently dropping below 60FPS, shoot us a message with your system specs. We might be having some trouble with support for Xbox controllers, someone let us know if you're able to configure & use your Xbox controller please!
In the meantime, please let us know if you have any issues with this version. Although this build is a significant step forward, there's still plenty left to be done and your feedback is a valuable part of the process!
Can I stream Puzzle Depot?
YES! If you let us know in advance, we will try to be there!
Can I post Youtube videos featuring Puzzle Depot?
YES! We'd love to see your first impressions or let's play of the puzzle pack. We only ask that you note that the game is still in active development.
Can I post screenshots to social media?
YES! Please tweet your scores to us at @PuzzleDepot