Emerging from the Cryopod
It's been a while since the last update... sorry about that!
For December, I was focused mainly on creating additional art assets for Puzzle Depot, as well as tidying up and reorganizing existing assets. We are waiting on one last piece of hardware to arrive, and once the new development PC is built (within the next few days!), I'll be digging back into the code and level design.
- Crates with items inside are now visually distinct from empty crates by virtue of a shipping label, seen on the 1x2 crate above.
- Terrain is now handled in a more standardized way, and allows for more variation with tiles, giving things a more "organic" look. This is especially obvious with the toxic waste.
- Smaller patches of toxic waste are now more visible when an object is resting on top.
- Some adjustments to the color palette.
- Some adjustments to particular character sprites.
- Many animations and new sprites created for new creatures and objects. Megaroach and Isopede pictured above.
- More stuff that I don't want to spoil just yet!
We are still planning on releasing an updated version of the demo in the near future, addressing some bugs and tightening up the controls. Beyond that, there is a ton of work ahead of us! We would like to recruit our backers to help test new builds, when it comes time.
Thank you for being part of this project with us, and here's looking forward to what 2016 will bring!