About this project
Puzzle Depot is a puzzle/adventure game, combining Sokoban-style box-pushing puzzles with RPG elements. Much more than your standard puzzle game, objects and creatures interact in unique ways, and you have a variety of options at your disposal for tackling each sinister room. Colorful pixel art and eccentric characters bring life to the world, as you explore a post-apocalyptic Earth in an effort to save the human race from extinction!
Planned for release on PC, Mac, Linux, and potentially mobile!
Some main features:
- Action-Puzzle gameplay - Fight giant bugs, kick barrels, and shove crates!
- Multiple levels with many rooms, including several optional rooms and branching paths to prevent the player from getting into a “stuck” scenario
- Several unlockable characters with different abilities, which gives you new options for completing puzzles
- Multiple ways to finish each puzzle.
- Optional goals for each level, such as completing a level without taking damage, or completing it under a certain number of moves
- An “Expert Mode” for each level, for players who like to torture their brains with sinister puzzles
- Fun, 16-bit style pixel art and an awesome ambient soundtrack
All of these as well as several other upcoming features means this game will have hours of replay value!
Support us on Steam Greenlight!
We are now on Steam Greenlight, please support us there as well so we can bring Puzzle Depot to Steam! Every vote helps!
Smash and kill things, or die trying!
Meet new types of enemies in every level and crush them:
Use objects, obstacles, and even enemies to your advantage to solve puzzles:
Find useful items to help you survive even the most radioactive environments:
Use points to buy food, weapons, and armor from Union Freight Operations (UFO) through their automated drone delivery:
Learn about the world around you from datalogs throughout the facility:
Finally, check out our inspiration, Depot Dungeons! An ASCII game Otto made in 2014.
Risks and challenges
Of course there are always going to be risks when it comes to a Kickstarter. As you can see from the link above, the creator of this project has already made a fully fledged game called Depot Dungeons, which was the inspiration for Puzzle Depot. (You should go try it out, it's free!) This proves that not only have we already finished a game, but we've got a basic template for Puzzle Depot down already.
The biggest risk we can foresee would be release delays. Although much of the groundwork has already been laid out in order to make the demo and we've given ourselves a year to finish the project, the reality is we both have “real” jobs that pay the bills. One day we would love to make a living off of game development full time, but for now we're gonna keep our day jobs.
Also you never know for sure what technical difficulties can come down the pipe. But we're going to get this game out either way, and put as much effort into getting it out on time as possible.
Support this project
- (30 days)