If you pledge at the Hero level or higher and you want more than one copy of the physical book, you need to increase your pledge by the following amount:
US Address (Consumer): $60.00 per book (limit 3).
US Address (Retailer): $35.00 per book (limit 3).
International Address (Consumer): $65.00 per book (limit 3).
International Address (Retailer): $40.00 per book (limit 3).
The retailer prices are ONLY for game stores that have pledged at the Brick & Mortar Hero level. If you are not an actual retail store, you are a consumer and should pledge accordingly.
When the Kickstarter is over (in only 3 days!), we will send around a survey to gather the information we need to get everyone their rewards. There will be a question asking if you paid for any extra books. Just indicate the number (0-3) and we'll double check to make sure you paid the correct amount. When we ship the books, you'll get your extras!
Note that this is for extra books only, not other rewards like prints and so on.
2012 marks the 10 year anniversary of the Mutants & Masterminds RPG. When we first released the game, we were committed to doing only two books (the core rulebook and Freedom City) and after that we said, “We’ll see.” Well, here we are 10 years later, in our third edition and having published dozens of books for what’s turned out to be the most popular superhero game of modern roleplaying. This coming Spring we’re releasing the Deluxe Hero’s Handbook, a hardback version of the current Hero’s Handbook. To celebrate the 10 year anniversary of Mutants & Masterminds though, we wanted to do something special and that’s where this Kickstarter comes in. We want to do a 10 Year Anniversary Edition of the Deluxe Hero’s Handbook. At our basic funding goal of $10,000, this would be a limited edition book with a special green leatherette cover. It’ll get really deluxe if we hit our stretch goals. They are:
- $12,500: We’ll add a ribbon bookmark to the book. Funded!
- $15,000: We will incorporate the hugely useful Quickstart Character Generator into the book. This originally appeared in the GM’s Kit but it has proven so popular it really belongs in the core rulebook. Funded!
- $17,500: We will include a book plate signed by Mutants & Masterminds creator Steve Kenson. Funded!
- $20,000: We will add a special appendix to the book with essays by designer Steve Kenson, developer Jon Leitheusser, Green Ronin president Chris Pramas, and special guests about the design, development, and history of Mutants & Masterminds. Funded!
- $25,000: We will include Third Edition game stats for some popular characters from previous editions of Mutants & Masterminds in the special appendix. Funded!
- $27, 500: We’ll add a beautiful dust jacket and individually shrink wrap each book so it gets to you in great shape! Funded!
- $30,000: We’ll add a brand new 8-page adventure by Seth Johnson (Threat Report, Emerald City Knights, DC Adventures Heroes & Villains) set in Emerald City! Funded!
- $33,500: We’ll make Seth’s adventure 16 pages instead of 8! Funded!
- $37,000: New! We’ll add a brand new 8-page adventure by Christopher McGlothlin (Time of Crisis, Golden Age, Worlds of Freedom) set in Freedom City!
- $40,000: New! We’ll make Chris’s adventure 16 pages instead of 8!
Mutants & Masterminds has been our most successful RPG, and now its rules power the DC Adventures RPG as well. We couldn’t have done it without the amazing support of the fan community, our partners in retail and distribution, and the third party publishers who expand the game’s horizons. Thanks to you all and here’s to the next decade of Mutants & Masterminds!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where can I learn more about Mutants & Masterminds?
Q: When will backers get their rewards?
A: We will send the PDFs out as soon as the 10 Year Anniversary Edition is ready. This depends on which stretch goals we meet (as some require new material to be written and edited), but the goal is February. The print edition and other shippable rewards will then come out two months later.
Q: Will I be able buy the 10 Year Anniversary Edition from your webstore after it ships to backers?
A: No. This is a Limited Edition.
Q: Is the Deluxe Hero's Handbook available via the Kickstarter, or just the 10th Anniversary Edition?
A: Just the 10 Year Anniversary Edition. The Deluxe Hero's Handbook will be a regular release through hobby and book stores, and the Green Ronin online store.
Q: I am in Puerto Rico but Kickstarter is trying to charge me for international shipping. What do I do?
A: We're not sure why that is happening. If you live in Puerto Rico and want to back us, please drop me a private message via Kickstarter.
Q: Are the special essays and character updates going into the regular printing of the Deluxe Hero's Handbook?
A: They are not. They are unique to the 10 Year Anniversary Edition. The Quickstart Character Generator, however, will be in the Deluxe Hero's Handbook. It's too useful to leave out!
Risks and challenges
Green Ronin is an experienced publisher. We've been in business since 2000 and have published well over a hundred books. The risk on this project is low. We have an experienced staff and we make roleplaying books day in and day out.
We are going to release the Deluxe Heroes Handbook in any case through our regular channels (book, comic, and game stores). The only question here is whether we print the 10 Year Anniversary Edition at the same time or not. If we get funded, that will happen.
The only other risk is lateness. Depending on which stretch goals we meet, we'll be writing some new content for the book. We hope to reach those stretch goals, because it will allow us to write about the game's history and tell a lot of good stories from 10 years of M&M. We, of course, have our regular schedule of new products to deal with, so it is possible the writing for this book will take longer than we predict. That happens sometimes in publishing. Worst case scenario is you get the physical book in May or June.
That said, I'm confident we can do this project in the time we outlined if we are funded. Thanks for you support.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (32 days)