About this project
FIRST GLIMPSE OF BLUE HOLE STORYBOARDS!
CLICK THIS LINK - http://tumblr.com/ZDg5ywAZtzl0
PLEASE HELP US MAKE BLUE HOLE A REALITY!CLICK THIS LINK - http://tumblr.com/ZDg5ywAY3KNp
SPECIAL BLUE HOLE MESSAGE FROM JAPAN!
CLICK THIS LINK - http://tumblr.com/ZDg5ywAOG7YF
URGENT MESSAGE FROM THE WRITER/DIRECTOR OF BLUE HOLE!
CLICK THIS LINK - http://tumblr.com/xnf51v923j
A MESSAGE FROM THE FILMMAKERS!
CLICK THIS LINK - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ7jGyqwpro
WHAT IS BLUE HOLE?
BLUE HOLE is a short horror film based on a true New Jersey urban legend.
Michael takes his fiancée Amy deep within the Pine Barrens of New Jersey to a vacation cabin where he plans to propose to her. Upon arriving, they’re attacked by a madman who claims an eerie pond near the cabin called “Blue Hole” can bring back the dead.
Reality mixes with illusion as we try to figure out if Blue Hole is real or if our madman is truly insane.
BASED ON A TRUE STORY:
The Blue Hole is located in the Pinelands of Monroe Township, Gloucester County, New Jersey and Winslow Township, Camden County, New Jersey. It is a clear blue body of water situated in the middle of a dense forest, with many similar such lakes in it's immediate vicinity. The water has warm and cold spots, averaging 58 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit. The color is very unusual, as most lakes and ponds in the area are brownish due to large deposits of bog iron and the presence of tannic acid. The Blue Hole is circular and about 70 feet (21 m) across. In the 1930s, the Blue Hole was a popular party and swimming spot. A wooden footbridge over the Great Egg Harbor River that once made the Hole easily accessible was wiped out by a storm in the 1960s; now it can only be reached on foot.
A number of legends exist: that it is bottomless with powerful currents, that the water is freezing cold year-round, and that the Jersey Devil is active in the area.
After people became afraid of it, the blue hole was largely abandoned. Perhaps farmers and families in the area warned children against going to the Blue Hole because the Jersey Devil lived there, and it would hurt or steal them. Locals still go to the area and use it as a party spot. It is interesting to note the presence of many other 'blue holes' in the immediate vicinity, as well as quick sand and other seasonal ponds and lakes that form from springs seeping from high water table levels. What can not be so easily explained is the color of the lake compared to other brackish waters in the vicinity.
Our film will be shot entirely on location in Los Angeles, California. The crew will consist of many professionals that are established within the entertainment industry. After spending years trying to peddle horror content within the commercial Hollywood world, we've decided to make a go of it on our own. Our goal -- to make a non-cliche, scary and weird film to be entered into horror film festivals. We will also use the film as a pitch proposal for prospective investors who could potentially finance a full length feature film.
WHO ARE WE?
- Warner Davis (Producer) - Warner began his career as an intern for After Dark Films, learning all aspects of production. From there, he went to work for MGM Studios. He recently produced a feature, AWAKEN, starring Corey Sevier and Jordan Ladd, which will be released in 2012.
- Erik Gardner (Writer/Director) - A New Jersey native, Erik came to Los Angeles to make horror movies. He's worked for Universal Studios and MGM, and has an extensive television/feature film development background. Credits include the sequel to Stephen King's Mangler (MANGLER REBORN) and writing and/or directing projects for Fox, Disney, Lionsgate and more. www.erikgardner.com and imdb.to/q724DM
- Brian Hillard (Producer) - Originally from Virginia, Brian is a supervisor at one of Los Angeles’ largest award winning special make-up effects companies, KNB Effects Group, Inc. The Walking Dead knbefxgroup.com and imdb.to/nZqpV5
- Christopher Mills (Producer/SPFX Supervisor) - Chris grew up in Southern California, and has been working in independent film since 1997. In 2003 he started his first special make-up effects lab. He currently owns Silver Shamrock Lab. www.silvershamrocklab.com and imdb.to/pIVlFd
- Scott Speiser (Actor) - Scott is from Chapel Hill, North Carolina where basketball is religion. Unfortunately, he has never been very good at basketball (or religion). Scott's feature film credits include MANGLER REBORN and SOUTHBOUNDERS. For the past 5 years, Scott has traveled the world performing in Blue Man Group. He is allergic to penicillin and cats.
- Filip Vandewal (Cinematographer) - Filip graduated from the Brussels film school RITS in 2003. Films he has worked on have been screened at several international film festivals including Cannes Film Festival. filipvandewal.com and imdb.to/qI1whn
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)