This project's funding goal was not reached on September 19, 2012.
About this project
Let's help kids take a leap forward with Mathdots!
This is our effort to create an interactive visual game for learning math unlike any other. With Mathdots you're not just memorizing equations you are helping students engage dynamically with math. Why not show kids what their math calculations are doing? For visual learners, Mathdots shows you what your math operations really mean. Division and subtraction means less dots appear while multiplication and addition grows the number of dots. You can see all of your operations appear visually while the dots arrange themselves to equal each calculation performed by the student. This makes it clear what all those calculations are doing and teaches math visually.
Mathdots takes advantage of multitouch gestures, colors and sound to offer a new way to drive a deeper understanding of basic math concepts. Just swipe diagonally and you've done multiplication! Drag a few dots to the left and you've subtracted. All the while the total is displayed on the chalkboard in the Mathdots app.
Our goal is to release an app that:
- Keeps kids engaged with challenges and puzzles they solve by swiping the screen and using gestures
- Help visual learners see math in a way they've never thought about before
- Support advanced math functions by using increasingly complex gestures
- Intuitive and visual new way to develop basic math skills
- Fun to use with iPad gestures, animation and sound
- See your math calculations in 3 ways: a running equation on the chalkboard, a numerical answer and as a group of dots representing the answer on the Mathdots board.
- Drag and tap are the way kids know how to use a computer with no training
- Easy for kids to see the results of their math work as they go
Our focus is on the iPad but if we raise enough funding we can add even more features and functions and then add iPhone and Android support as well.
If you'd like to join in we are always looking for new ideas to incorporate. Take a look at our video and if you have design or programming tips we'd love to hear from you at: email@example.com
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)