Written by award winning journalist Arielle Buchmann
THE ONE GIFT THAT NEVER GETS REGIFTED.
Most of us don’t need more stuff. But we could all use more love. Here’s an easy way to collect it from everyone who matters, and share it.
Little Love Jar is a fun, easy way to celebrate and honor the people in our lives. By combining technology and tender loving care, Little Love Jar is the place to effortlessly celebrate a loved one with a meaningful gift. With a few clicks of a button, you can invite friends to submit personalized memories, wishes or inspiration. We wrap it all up in style and send it to their doorstep.
Ideal for all occasions:
- Weddings- I do... want to give the greatest wedding gift of all time.
- Teachers- Because they deserve more than an apple.
- Birthdays- Celebrate the living daylights out of your favorite people.
- Healing- Comfort and support those going through a difficult time.
- Military- Serve those who serve us.
- Graduation- Empty nest. Full Jar. Feel connected from afar.
- Holidays- Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, New Year’s, and on and on!
The opportunities to express and share love are endless: baby showers, retirement parties, memorial ceremonies, anniversary, etc.
Our gifts motivate, comfort, heal and celebrate.
Why is this project so important?
Little Love Jar is more than a gift. More than a company. Little Love Jar is a movement.
We are dedicated to:
- Collecting Love. Spreading Joy.
- Taking care of each other.
- Creating opportunities for people to express love and positivity.
- Focusing on the good things in life and in people.
We Believe :
- Little things are big.
- A little love goes a long way.
- Words are powerful.
- Something magical happens when we sit down, think about the people we love, and take time to express what they mean to us.
- Together we can change the world. One message. One Love Jar at time.
Little Love Jar Goes to School:
We brought the Little Love Jar to a local third grade classroom. Each child was asked to write one kind message to each classmate. At the end of the week, every student was given a Little Love Jar of their own, complete with a message from all their classmates, their teacher and a few love notes from LLJ. The impact was profound.
- "It made me feel like people actually cared about me." - C.R.
- "I didn't know people thought I was good at all those things." - T.M.
- “It was very inspiring that people wrote things to people they aren’t usually friends with, they still wrote nice things to them. It was kind of like making new friends." - Z.W.
• "I didn't realize I was such a good guy!" - Jonah Peterson
• “The attention that LLJ puts into the detail of the jars is so touching. The entire experience was simple, easy, smooth, and set up so that anyone, anywhere can write a note... The absolute perfect gift.” - Sally Hope
• “Receiving a love jar is frankly a heart warming, life enhancing experience. We all think that somebody loves us, but to have people you know express affection and admiration directly to you is very life and self affirming.” -Judy Rogers
• “It was like a Love Intervention, and I really needed it. More than I knew.” -Paulette Johnson
• “It was the BEST gift I have ever received. It helps me when I feel down because I remember what is important, and that is the people that I love and who love me.” – Kate Coates
• “Thank you for creating something that has brought so much joy and love into my home!" -Alex Clarke
• "The love jar is a celebration of your soul." - Nellie Renee
LEAVING A MESSAGE IS THIS EASY:
Risks and challenges
For nearly a year we’ve been beta testing our website and process; copying, pasting and cutting messages by hand. We are working on new software that will automatically set up our sheets for cutting. This will also allow for us to use state of the art cutters to cut the messages which will make for a much more efficient process. Currently, we are doing everything manually, should our new more automated system have issues, we’ll be prepared to revert back to the original method of fulfilling orders. The plan is to scale at a pace where we can keep up with the growth while accounting for possible technical or mechanical glitches.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)