What inspired us here at ProGo started with a question. "Why are small motor scooters not a popular mode of transportation?" They are easy to carry and store. They are extremely cost efficient, especially with todays high gas costs. They are easy to maintain, cheap to own, and a whole lot of fun!!
So why are motor scooters, CURRENTLY, not a popular mode of transportation? To answer this question we have to take a look into both types of motor scooters currently on the market, electric and gas.
Problem with Electric Scooters:
- Long charging downtime (6-8 hours)
- Gives you 45 minutes of riding (with the last half losing power as the battery drains) and then your back to the outlet.
- More power means more batteries. Batteries are heavy, making them harder to carry and store
- Expensive battery replacements, they don't last forever!
Problem with Gas Scooters:
- Illegal in many places due to bad environmental emissions
- Constantly need to drain the tank because of carburetor gumming
- Potent gas smell
Problem with Gas AND Electric Scooters:
- If you run out of power or gas and you are not near an outlet or gas station, that makes for a long walk of shame all the way home...
Now take away all these problems and you get The ProGo 3000
Plus, if you ever run out of propane, the tanks are so small you can carry a spare in your backpack, ensuring that you never have to walk home!!
EPA AND CARB Approved / California Legal
Easy pull start
2-3 hours run time per 16.4oz propane canister
Folds for convenient carrying and storage
No Choke, No priming, and No carburetor gum-up
Rugged steel frame
Front and rear disk brakes
Engine: 25cc 4-stroke
Fuel Type: Propane
Start up: Pull start engine
Acceleration: Thumb throttle
Tire size: 8 inch
Speed: Up to 20 mph
Dry Weight 35 lb.
Max Weight: 275 lb.
Run Time: 2-3 hours / 30-40 miles
Aside from all the advantages the scooter has from a small motor scooter standpoint, I would really like to point out one more very important aspect of this product coming to market. It will help build awareness of propane's "clean and green" attributes. There are so many other propane products out there and we just hope this scooter, through the convenience and fun it brings, will inspire people to use more propane energy products. I will start by building awareness right here on our Kickstarter Campaign Page.
Propane is an eco-friendly choice you can make today.
- Energy Efficient - Propane has a high energy density. Its unique, natural properties means it work harder and more efficient with less waste.
- Clean - Propane is clean burning, non-toxic fuel that has both lower emissions and cleaner emissions compared to other energy choices.
- Low Carbon Content - Propane has a low carbon content that not only makes it clean and efficient, but also low in greenhouse gases.
- Recyclable - Propane tanks contain a high percentage of recycled steel and are reusable.
The majority of propane used in the U.S. is produced domestically!
Risks and challenges
After 2 years of designing, testing, modifying, designing, testing, modifying, and then some more designing, testing and modifying (you get the point) we are proud to say we have the scooter ready for production! It has finally past all its test and we cannot be more excited. We have got the scooter this far and now we are asking for your help to do the first production run.
Considering the fact that the next step for us is production, and nothing else is in the way, we are confident that with your support we can and will bring this product to market. Although we do not anticipate any set backs or see any other further obstacles, if anything were to arise you will be kept informed and we will do our best to work through them quickly and efficiently.
Thank you in advance for your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
The propane canister is NOT included with the scooter. The scooter runs on a standard size 16.4oz propane canister (i.e.. for camping, portable grills etc..) and are readily available all over the US. They are sold at hardware stores, grocery stores, and many other retailers. There are both one time use and refillable canisters available in this size.
The length of the footboard is 19 inches long on each side and 15 inches long where the handlebar shaft protrudes (reference picture above). Measurements of the length do not include the part of the footboard where the propane canister lies. They were taken strictly to measure the available space for standing.
The width of the footboard is 9 1/2 inches.
Support this project
- (30 days)