- Low cost: complete website management system with member administration software for 50 euro's a year;
- Reliable: administrate your members in a reliable solution with a central database
- Fully customizable: design and configure to the organisation's needs;
- Time saving for volunteers: members manage their own data;
- All functions you will ever need: intranet, events, forms, newsletters, galleries, ....
In the backend, you can make all configurations. What fields are optional, mandatory, readonly.
Before the end of the year we plan to provide a test version to those associations which financially support the project. After having collected your comments and remarks we distribute the production version in January 2016. If you participate now you can use the product as one of the first, you have influence on the software development and you can count on the extensive support to get the software up and running within your association.
Your support starts at 10 Euro.
Ok, so at this moment we haven't reached the basic goal yet. But we have ideas for at least 2 stretch goals, and backers of our product will be able to vote what direction we develop the software:
- Espanol ? Deutsch ? Francais ? Other languages: backers will be able to vote between Spanish, French, German translations (if we reach 10.000 EUR)
- Wordpress ? Drupal ? Other CMS integration: backers will be able to vote between Wordpress or Drupal (if we reach 20.000 EUR)
BackgroundMost associations run a member administration in Excel or Davilex on a standalone PC. Many of them have a website which isn’t linked to that same member administration. Volunteers spend hours and hours on:
- manually processing paper application forms;
- mutations in member data;
- the administration involved with events or;
- sending out newsletters based on outdated member data.
Save time and money
For those treasurers, membership administrators, webmasters and volunteers who like to spend their time more effectively and who are interested in a cost saving up to 98%, we have the solution.
- Five years ago we started developing the Dutch member administration software, Ledenadministratie Online.
The member administration tool is the main functionality and is integrated in the association’s website CMS. It is also linked to numerous tools such as sending newsletters, organizing events, payments and photo albums.The result is that
- members can log on themselves and modify their own data.
- newsletter distribution is based on up to date membership data.
- the association’s board always has a current insight of the KPI’s at any given moment.
LAO, as we call it, already has about 40.000 active users. However, this software only runs on our specially configured web servers, managed by our webhosting department.
Supported Website management system
The software will be developed on the current Joomla CMS version (Content Management System), for up to date webservers (the same requirements as Joomla has). If we reach the 3rd kickstarter goal (20.000 euro), we will let the backers choose between Drupal and Wordpress, on which we will research if integration in that CMS is possible. And if possible, we will build that.
Risks and challenges
My Member Software is built on an existing CMS (Joomla), therefore we are dependent on developments on that platform. In general we will be able to cope with these challenges because we have good contacts with Joomla developers, the security team and the bug team.
Second challenge is making the configuration available at the backend in such a way it is understandable for the webmaster while maintaining the maximum flexibility needed for the program. There are so many possible configurations, it might be complex. By documenting and support via the forum we will make it possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (46 days)