A science fantasy airship combat game. A fully 3D single player campaign, customize your ship with everything from cannons to ray guns!
A science fantasy airship combat game. A fully 3D single player campaign, customize your ship with everything from cannons to ray guns! Read more
PULP! the highly customizable, single player game for PC, Mac, and Linux platforms, sends you into battle as a skyship captain in our 3D steampunk environment. Battle in ship-to-ship combat to vanquish your foes, using everything from cannons to ray guns, and a healthy dose of strategy. Continue to upgrade your ships while progressing through a storyline based on our heroine, Riva; formerly disgraced Commander of Dawns navy for voicing public opposition to her Commander The last hope in the conflict she lost everything to avoid, Riva returns to the sky to set things right, and to save Dawn from the promised annihilation by the invading Duskan forces.
- Strong single player storyline
- Equal genders, colors, and LGBT friendly
- Fun & accessible gameplay that lets players have fun within the game without micromanagement or a steep learning curve that is so familiar with most games in the genre.
- Deep Gameplay that allows advanced players to customize and balance their ships
Getting to the funded mark is great but it is just the beginning. Additional funding gives us the ability for stronger gameplay, more customization and ship hull options, and localization to other languages. With enough funding, we'd love to port it to multiple platforms and add other gameplay elements like multiplayer. We’d love to make this the best project we can with your help.
- $15: The game at release and your name in the donor section of our credits
- $25 The game, the game soundtrack, and your name in the donor section of our credits
- $50 All of the above, access to the beta,
- $100 The game, and a custom in game flag with your logo included at release*
- $150 The game, all previous rewards and a PULP! Pin
- $250 The game, all previous rewards, and a PULP! leather adventuring journal
- $500 The game, all previous rewards and a custom engraved pocket watch
- $1000 The game, all previous rewards, and your likeness in the game as one of our characters!
Who We Are
Ken Bowen: Ken is a veteran game developer on series such as Spider-Man, Madagascar: Operation Penguin, and SpaceChem. Ken lives and breathes game dev since he made tactical war games out of lego-people as a kid.
Lester Milton: Sci-fi author and stand up comedian, Les is in charge of our fantastic and snappy dialogue.
Justin Loudermilk: Our programmer has an encyclopedic knowledge of video games and practiced programming technique. When he's not solving 4-dimensional vector equations, he's running Classic Console as a volunteer at PAX.
Priscilla Firstenberg: Veteran 2D and 3D artist. Priscilla's most recent work was on Guild Wars 2 as a Concept and GUI artist.
Tejay Fraser-Chitticks: Freelance 3D artist from the land down under, Tejay delivers our 3D models and textures.
Ben Briggs: Composer extraordinaire, Ben creates all our majestic music from his studio in the UK.
*Logos must be owned by you and be appropriate for the project (nothing hyper-sexual, etc...) You must allow us to use this logo as a flag logo in PULP!. This is a case by case basis.
Risks and challenges
Every video game has the unique challenge of being able to communicate to a player gameplay that doesn't quite exist yet. Our goal is to consistently tell our backers the kind of gameplay we are building and be open and honest about what this game does *not* have.
Our other challenge is that of time. Games take time to create and we don't always know which challenges are going to the most time consuming. What we have is a really great toolset, excellent community, and our insistence that the game have strong, polished gameplay. This might mean we might run out of development time on the project based on the kickstarter. If this was to happen, we have contingency plans (some of which include selling our vehicles) but we are confident it won't come to that. But even if it did, we're dedicated to getting this game out the door and fulfilling the promise we made to our backers.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (36 days)