Stiktag ™ - World's Smartest Keyring
Stiktag ™ - World's Smartest Keyring
Stiktag offers a unique Keyring identification & recovery solution available to all Smart Phone & PC users around the world.
Stiktag offers a unique Keyring identification & recovery solution available to all Smart Phone & PC users around the world. Read more
About this project
The Smartest, Toughest & Most Affordable Keyring
Did you know that over 2 million people report lost keys every year? Some statistics claim this number is actually more than triple that amount.
While 96% of these keys are found by the community, only 10% or less are recovered by their rightful owners.
The cost of losing your keys can be staggering. With technology driving up the cost of the humble car key, some owners are being charged up to $800 for replacements!
This is compounded by the cost of replacing the many other things we attach to our key rings. Think house keys, building access cards, USB memory sticks, mailbox keys, place of business keys, truck and boat keys, membership cards and highly confidential RSA tokens.
Not only is there a significant direct cost but the indirect cost of time taken to replace keys, and the inconvenience caused by not having the access you need at any given time, can have quite the detrimental impact on both our personal and professional lives.
Well......No more, never lose your Keys again
How does the Stiktag Keyring work?
Record - When you register your Stiktag Keyring, your contact details will be recorded against your unique Stiktag webpage on the Stiktag website. You can also enjoy a range of smart features as storing images & files, sharing, setting reminders or activating lost alerts.
Retrieve - When somebody finds your misplaced Keyring, they can contact you via the Stiktag platform or direct, simply by entering the Stiktag number or by using their smartphone to scan the Keyring's NFC or QR code.
Recover - Once contacted, you can arrange a method of recovering your Keyring and consider whether you want to offer a reward for returning your Keyring.
Anywhere / Anytime – Unlike other devices that operate based on GPS or Bluetooth technology, the person that finds your keys does not need to have a specific application loaded on their phone to find you. There is also no risk of flat batteries in the keyring stopping you from getting your keys back!”
Durability / Performance - The Stiktag Keyring is made up of a PVC compound that features an embedded NFC hardware CHIP, printed QR and human readable Alphanumeric code. This allows for a more durable, longer lasting, better performing product. Losing your Stiktag Keyring in a wet environment or the chance of external damage to the Keyring in most cases will not affect your chances of recovery if found.
The Stiktag platform is a secure cloud-based asset management platform that is in the final stages of development. It will support the recording, updating, monitoring and retrieval of personally identifiable asset information via desktop and mobile devices.
Open your Stiktag Account - To open your account its a few simple steps. If you have your keyring you can either scan your keyring via NFC or QR, or enter your keyrings Stiktag number in the search box on our web site www.stiktag.com
Register Your Key Ring -Once your account has been opened and you have activated your keyring you can then go ahead and register and upload any information related to you or the keyring.
Stiktag - Your Control Centre ( Dash )
The control centre allows you to manage your Stiktag keyring and any other valuables you have registered. Multiple options and communication channels are available for you and your shared contacts making managing your keyring, information and recovery easy.
Stiktag Keyring Webpage
- Add Information: Add your contact information and any other details needed to make contact and recovery.
- Upload Images or Files: You may use this field to upload images of your keys, yourself or related files as fuel receipts, vehicles logs or services invoices, licences, rego. Anything linked to your Stiktag keyring.
- Public or Private: Stiktag allows you to keep various files and information on your keyring page either public or private. You decide what others will see and what only you will have access to.
- Reminders: A service due, car rego or insurance about to expire. Set a reminder and when the time is due you will receive an alert via your chosen method or on your Keyring's Stiktag page.
- Lost Alert: If you lose your keyring, you can trigger an alert that will be displayed on the keyrings web page when somone engages with it.
- Rewards: Set a reward on your Keyring's web page, this can be changed at any time or taken off. Studies show that a reward does provide the finder some added incentive to make contact.
- Messaging: Through each Stiktag page you and the finder have the ability to communicate direct via message through your Stiktag dash.
- Multi User: Stiktag allows multiple users to interact on the same Keyring webpage, as we all share keys we can now share the Stiktag page as well with family or staff.
- Transfer: Sold your car, your house and need to part with your Stiktag Keyring. Easy, you have the ability to transfer the ownership of that keyring and webpage to the new owner. Also perfect for our collectable series of Stiktag if trading or selling.
- Secure: Our platform is safe and secure. Stiktag's practices are in line with all current act's, laws and legislation.
Stiktag Keyring Web Page Information Fields
What does the Keyring webpage look like
Mobile Platform - Any Smartphone or Tablet
What does the Keyring look like
- Design: A lot of thought and study has gone into the final design and material makeup of the Stiktag keyring. Our end result was based on a cool, slim and durable product suited to go with you through any journey or natures elements. The Keyring Designed for the 21st Century.
What features does the Keyring have
- No Batteries: After exploring various battery driven devices it was clear to the team that the Stiktag product needed to outlast, out perform and be more affordable than any battery driven smart keyring or tag in the market.
- Waterproof: Swim, Surf or Scuba, no worries. One of the main elements behind our design was making sure we did not limit customers to where they can take their Stiktag Keyring.
- Lightweight: Weighing under 6 grams and on 1.2mm thick our Keyring is in a slim class of it own. Flexible, durable and convenient.
- Shockproof: Drop it, drive over it, throw it from a 10 storey building. The Stiktag Keyring is the most durable asset tag on the market. Trust Us we know. ( see some fun test below )
- 6 year Warranty: The NTag203 Chip is know to last over 10 years. We offer a 6 year hardware and product warranty that will certainly outlast its use.
Stiktag Keyring Technology 3 in 1
- Alphanumeric URL: Any Smart Phone / Devise or PC The 22 digit Alphanumeric code on each Stiktag Keyring is actually referred as the Stiktag Number - The Stiktag number also serves as the Keyring's own web pages url. A digital identity with the facility to store and interact information. This Stiktag number can be searched on the Stiktag website to gain access to the Keyring's public information.
- QRCode: For all Smart Phone QR Scanners Use of QR Codes is widespread. Invented in Japan in 1992, they have grown in appeal, scan the QR code using a smartphone device and be taken directly to the Stiktag Keyring's web page to record or view information. The QR or Quick Response was adopted due to it does not carry any transmission device so it cannot be damaged unless the visual aspect of the code is affected and cannot be read.
- NFC - NATag203 Chip for NFC Smart phones / devices These NTAG203 NFCtags are compatible with ALL mobiles and tablet devices including Samsung, HTC, Nokia, LG, Sony, BlackBerry and other makes that have NFC included in their devices as Nexus 4 &10 and any future devices as well as any OS such as RIM, Android, Windows 8 will be 100% compatible. Much better reading distance than Ultralight, Ultralight C and 1K Mifare.
- Pre formatted and ready to use: Each technology marker is pre generated with a ready to use Stiktag web page linked to that Keyring. What ever technology marker or device you use the end rewarding result will be the same.
The Journey - Research & Development
It's has been an interesting and rewarding journey to date trying to come up with a product that we hope will appeal and satisfy all users. We are confident we have done enough to meet our customers and the markets needs. We hope you agree.
Technology: The core of our foundation. Our aim was how to best cover the largest demographic of global users. We tested each and every type of current web based and mobile technology available to help deliver the ultimate Keyring designed for the 21st century customer. Factors as size, durability, feel, performance, resilience and accessibility we key to our end decision.
Design - Over the 2 months we physically sampled over 40 different types of keyrings. These were rated in each case that led us to our ultimate design. Nothing to different in any way, the goal was to blend in. Custom made to measure though in line with today's simple, yet cool fit. We then added a epoxy finish to the front face of the Keyring where the logo is displayed to enhance the overall look and feel of the Keyring.
Shock Test: The fun part, we got to throw, drown, drop and run over our product samples. Passed with flying colours due to its light weight and flexible PVC compound features.
First the Water - Time to Scuba
We wanted to see if it could fly.
Let's run it over 2 x and stop on it by the way. Good job babe.
Results: Well the Stiktag keyring survived, it took a bruising though it proved that its not only the smartest keyring in the World but also the toughest technology keyring around. Great Result.
Mobile Application: Plans are in place to release a Stiktag app in the near future, though at this stage we want the product - our Keyring to be accepted and utilised using any of the current mobile QR and NFC scanners. We encourage users to use our mobile website that is crafted to service our customers using any mobile device they choose.
Materials - The Stiktag Keyring
Working with our supplier overseas we have made it clear we want our products to be of the highest quality, at the best possible price.
We have combined a few elements that come together to deliver our impressive product.
The base material are is a blended PVC, making it one of the toughest products on the market. This will be the back of the Keyring and where the technology markers will be printed.
The front will be finished in a Epoxy style glaze that will give the Keyring an nice glossy look on the front were the logo is displayed.
Inside will be the The NFC Chip or Antenna that is an aluminium Ntagw203 product. The chip is moulded within the PVC and forms part of the entire body of the Keyring.
The total thickness is around 1.2mm and weighs around 6 grams.
Worlds Smartest Keyring?
We believe so, we are that confident that we have lodged our Claim with the Guiness Book of records Claim ID 458751. Taking into consideration the overall features of the keyring and its web smarts, we believe that our product definitely ticks all the boxes as the Worlds Smartest Keyring.
Support our vision and visit our Worlds Smartest Keyring Facebook Page:
How will we get there?
This is how you can play a vital part in our success, Your pledge will go towards supporting the first production run of the Smart KeyRings.
Our production schedule looks something like this:
- March 12: Launch Kickstarter campaign
- Mid April: End Kickstarter campaign
- April 11 - April 30: Product manufacture (include print and unique ID generation)
- May 1-15: Quality Control inspections and testing on Stiktag platform
- May 16 - June 15: Packing and Shipping
Funding Allocation -$24,000
Our goal, hitting this target with the help of your pledges will allow the placement of our first order on the Stiktag Keyrings and the commencement of manufacturing cycles.
Reach for the sky - $74,000
We can do it: Stage 2 will allow advance stock orders to be ready in our warehouse to be shipped. This in return will speed up turnaround time up to 50%. It will also allow the deployment of phase 2 of smart features on the Stiktag webpages.
Who are we?
Stiktag is an Australian software company commercialising concepts enabling tracking lost and proof-of-ownership of physical items.
Our Stiktag platform is largely complete as at Feb 2014 and is a Patent Pending Application.
Mario Dimovski - Founder (LinkedIn)
The face of Stiktag, his passion for and drive to spread the StikTag brand resembles his playing days. Mario Fenech has also taken on a Directors Roll responsible for all aspects of Community Relations.
Steve Glaveski - Advisory Board Member (LinkedIn)
Risks and challenges
Every technology project is not without its risk, challenges or threats. Stiktag is faced with a number of these however we are constantly evaluating our current and emerging risk landscape and taking timely responsive action as well as implementing safeguards and controls.
Our key challenges, risks and threats:
- Reliance on external manufacturers: There could be an impact to our supply chain in the event of manufacturer failure - we have put into place service level agreements (SLAs) to ensure a high level of quality and service is provided and also one have an alternative emergency manufacturer on hand.
- Competitors: The online asset management space is emerging as a competitive sector. We are combating this by negotiating long-term exclusivity arrangements with large manufacturers and retailers to ensure a steady flow of income. Our asset management technology is also patent pending and we are keeping our finger on the button in terms of changes to our marketplace so that we can stay one step ahead of our competitors.
- Technology: Changes in technology are rapid and while QR codes and NFC technology make sense today, tomorrow they may not. As such, our StikTag platform is sophisticated and adaptable enough to support changes in the underlying scanning technology, as are our manufacturers.
- Security and Privacy: Storing personally identifiable information (PII) means we have a number of Privacy Act obligations. Our cloud-based platform will be secured by SSL encryption and we will abide by national privacy principles (NPPs) of the Privacy Act 88 (Australia), incorporating the 2013 Privacy Act Amendment Bill (Australia). We will also adhere to International Privacy Act requirements.
- Availability: Resilience of the Stiktag platform is imperative to our success. It is absolutely critical that our platform is available 24-7 (except for brief and timely communicated maintenance windows). As such, we are adhering to best practice business continuity and disaster recovery processes per COBIT in order to ensure uptime is satisfactory.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (36 days)