In a world where the romance of “forever” is all too often forgotten, artful love songs are a beautiful reminder of the power of faithful, committed relationships.
The Art of the Love Song is a sweeping musical presentation of the greatest love songs ever written. Featuring the chart-topping Annie Moses Band with the incredible Summer Pops Young Artists Symphony, the special will showcase the most classic love songs of the century (check below for a list of some of the songs on the project!).
We are a sibling group of instrumentalists and vocalists, and our style is a fusion of classical, folk, and jazz. We’ve been touring for over a decade, performing 80+ concerts a year across the United States.
The Art of the Love Song is a dream project; a magnificent canvas on which to introduce a new generation to the greatest love songs of the 20th century.
From the lush strings of Nat King Cole to the heartfelt songwriting of artists like Paul Williams (“Evergreen”) and Don MacLean (“And I Love You So”), The Art of the Love Song will be a cinematic journey for lovers everywhere.
So, to introduce ourselves, Annie Moses Band is:
And on this special we will be joined by this amazing orchestra…
Comprised of some of the top young musicians from the United States and around the world, the Summer Pops Young Artists Symphony convenes every July at Annie Moses Band's Fine Arts Summer Academy. Under the baton of Maestro Jung-Ho Pak they make up an electrifying ensemble of youth, vitality, and musical skill.
The Summer Pops Young Artists Symphony will make an amazing addition to The Art of the Love Song, and this Kickstarter gives you a great way to help make this amazing opportunity for these young musicians to perform on PBS a reality!
The Art of the Love Song will be a studio album and PBS special (available via PBS broadcast and DVD) that will be filmed live on the stage of the Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville, TN on July 23rd, 2015. Accompanied by a live orchestra and featuring special guest artists, the Annie Moses Band will perform beautiful interpretations of timeless love songs including:
- And I Love You So
- Annie’s Song
- The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Grow Old Along With Me
- The Very Thought of You / That's All
- I Only Have Eyes For You (featuring special guest Joshua Carswell)
- Let's Stay Together
- You Are So Beautiful To Me
- When I Fall In Love
- Nature Boy
- La Vie En Rose / Honeysuckle Rose
- And I Love Her
- And More…
You might be wondering, “Why does an artist need me to help them make a PBS special?” Here are a few things you might not know:
- PBS doesn’t fund the whole budget for the filming of a special like The Art of the Love Song. It’s the artist’s responsibility to raise the funds, and in some cases, pay for the entire budget themselves… that’s why we need your help!
- There aren’t many outlets in mass-media that showcase unique and high-quality programs like The Art of the Love Song. PBS is one of the few places where a project of this scope can find a home.
- A PBS special featuring a live orchestra and great production in a world-class venue is an expensive and intensive endeavor, but it makes for an unparalleled artistic experience for you, the viewer.
By supporting The Art of the Love Song, you’ll not only experience these songs in beautiful, fresh interpretations, but you’ll also help introduce them to a new generation. The world needs to see the beauty of faithful love, so please support The Art of the Love Song! Together we can create a spectacular musical experience.
We hope you can join us in person for the filming this July 23rd — it will be an unforgettable event!
Here's a brief layout of what to expect as we walk toward completing The Art of the Love Song with your help:
- June: Pre-Production of the live special, plus AMB records The Art of the Love Song Studio Album
- July 23rd: The Art of the Love Song Filming at the Grand Ole Opry House, with Backers at the live ticket levels in attendance!
- July 24th: Select Backers will spend the day in Nashville with Annie Moses Band!
- August: Post-Production (Mixing / Mastering audio, Editing Footage, finalizing televised program)
- September: Finished Master delivered to PBS
- December: The Art of the Love Song airs on PBS stations around the country.
- Jan - Feb 2016: Annie Moses Band Performs "The Art of the Love Song" Valentine's Tour
- March 2016: "The Art of the Love Song" airs on PBS member stations once more, and all rewards are shipped to Backers!
- April / May 2016: Annie Moses Band performs 2nd round of "The Art of the Love Song" tour.
So please check out the various rewards, pick the level that is right for you, and support The Art of the Love Song… We hope to see you in Nashville this July!
Annie Moses Band
Risks and challenges
The risks for this project are primarily the goal of raising enough funding to make the film production everything it should be to give you, the audience, the best possible experience, and to do what it takes to make the program worthy of a world-class forum like PBS.
The live show is scheduled — so let's raise the funds to make the filming and production world-class and capture the magic in the best way possible.
Annie Moses Band has extensive history creating CDs (over 11 to date) and DVDs (5 to date), and they want this project to be the best yet. The more funds raised, the more quickly the post-production will be able to be completed, by the best editors, colorists, mixers, and mastering engineers available.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)