DON'T WORRY! You are not too late - go to www.iamgreenlama.com to pre-order now.
The Nano Heated Wireless Mug has been featured on (and many more):
Are you frustrated with...
- your hot coffee or tea getting cold very quickly?
- throwing away half cups of coffee/tea that have gone cold?
- reheating your beverages?
- having the taste altered due to re-heating?
- using heating/hot plates that are not kid friendly?
- heating elements that only heat the bottom of your beverage and do not distribute heat evenly throughout your beverage?
- having to walk away from a social/office environment for a refill?
- being stuck to a heating source?
- owning the same type of mug as everyone else in the office, coffee house or social environment?
How can the Nano Heated Wireless Mug help?
- This mug provides 45 minutes of perfect drinkable temperature (155-160 degrees Fahrenheit)
- The integrated heating element paired with product design distributes heat evenly throughout the beverage
- The 16 ounce wireless mug holds charge good for 7+ refills
- To save charge it turn of automatically after 30 minutes but keeps beverage a drinkable temp for another 15 minutes
- Easy to charge with either usb cord in car, home or from computer
- Wireless charging available as well
- The design and elegance of this mug will make you the talk of office and other gatherings
Specs and features:
- 16oz hot beverage mug with integrated wireless heating , maintains temperature between 145F (63oC) to 155F (68oC) for 45 minuets after pouring
- Cup interior dimensions 3.3 inches (85 mm)
- External height < 5.2 inches (< 130 mm) with rounded lip
- Double lined with 0.05 inches (1.5 mm) inner and outer lining and 0.05 inches (1.5 mm) air gap for insulation
- Q1 protocol compatible
- Plastic of the cup is food grade PC
- Battery weighs < 1 lb (< 400 grams)
- Interior lining is food grade stainless steel
- Snap fit insulated lid with sipping port
- ON / OFF switch with lighted blue ring at base when ON
- 30 minute timer to turn OFF Nano Heater to eliminate battery drain
- RED flashing indicator when battery level below 25% of full power
Wireless Charging Plate Specs:
Wireless Charging Option was added with technology from Kington Electronic Technology. Below is the basic concept with the receiver integrated in the cup and transmitter in the cozy.
- Charging Type: Inductive Input
- Voltage: DC5V/2A
- Output Voltage:DC5V/1A
- Transmit Power: 5W
- Transmit Distance: 6mm
- Outside Dimension: 87*75*16mm
- Product Weight: 70G Product Material: Zinc Alloy
Behind the scenes
1) How does the heat get perfectly distributed through out the entire beverage?
NanoHeat® Heat Generation System uses Nano thickness heat generation heating element resulting in high heat generation. The confined material volume of the Nano thickness material structure creates substantial heat energy in high density being created in an instant time once power is applied.
2) What is NanoHeat® Technology?
NanoHeat® Heat Generation System - an ultra-thin heat generation heating element in nano-thickness
Winner of 2012 top green Innovations award in Hong Kong Awards for Environmental Excellence!
- The Nanoheater can be built with very low electrical resistance such that it can draw sufficient electrical current from a battery even at a low voltage of 3.7V to provide effective heating over large area. Conventional heaters are generally of higher electrical resistance and cannot draw sufficient electrical current for heating purpose.
- Nanoheater is a thin, flat shaped heater such it can be attached very close to the full base of metal lining of the Warm Mug, and therefore it can be much more effective to transfer heat energy across the full base of the metal lining to the beverage inside the Warm Mug.
- Again because of its thin and flat shape, it can much easily be insulated to avoid heat loss to the battery and the battery chamber. It is therefore able to transfer all heat energies upwards to the beverage through the metal lining of the Warm Mug.
The Nano Heater is capable of reaching 99% energy efficiency in dynamic heat transfer and 90% in static.
1) You can pick from 3 different colors for any mug variation - except for the mug that includes wireless charging plate. (No need to choose color when pledging, we’ll get that from you after the campaign is completed)
2) Three different variations (No need to choose variation when pledging, we’ll get that from you after the campaign is completed)
- Home & Office Friendly - Mug with handle (available in any of the three colors).
- Car Friendly - Mug without handle (available in any of the three colors).
- Mug with wireless charging plate (available in white ONLY).
BE different. BE first. BE cool. BE HOT!!
As an engineering consultant over the last 6+ years I have been working with innovators on a global basis helping integrate innovations and technologies into consumer products. During this period, working from home, I would regularly have cups of coffee. As I was working the coffee would get cold after a few sips. I would have to throw the coffee away and leave work to get another cup. Even though I brewed 8-10 cups,most went to waste.
I have tried all different types of mugs, cups and warming plates but they were very inefficient, clumsy and a waste of money. So in late 2013 I started working on a wireless heated coffee mug with a rechargeable battery. After coming up with the concept, I shared it with various coffee/tea drinkers and engineers. They all loved it!
In Jan 2014 I filed my first provisional patent. In June, I heard of AME and their NANO heater. AMEand I collaborated together to design, prototype and validate the wireless coffee mug and heat technology.
During the design process we made multiple revisions and went through two prototype cycles. The biggest challenges were packaging of the rechargeable power cells and design circuitry to control the heating and charging, and integrating the dynamic heating NANO heater technology. Once we had all of the kinks worked out in late 2014 we filed another provisional patent followed by a non-provisional patent for the design and technology integration.
Frequently asked questions:
1) Is the mug dishwasher safe?
This mug is high-end tech product, please handle as you would you any other. Hand wash. Long term dishwasher heat and steam are not good for product.
2) Can you get the mug in different sizes?
Today the mug comes in 16oz offering. In the future we will look into doing different sizes.
3) Is the battery replaceable?
The mug comes with a 5 year battery warranty. Like many other product the battery is not replaceable.
4) Is there a way to manually control the temp?
No there isn't. One of the key features is that we have engineered the mug to be at the perfect drinking temperature.
Risks and challenges
Design and prototyping complete with patented Nano Heater Technology. Requires only production tooling and validation.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)