The fun party game of Whozits, Whatzits, and crazy drawing combinations!
The fun party game of Whozits, Whatzits, and crazy drawing combinations!
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Fri, August 2 2019 1:45 AM UTC +00:00.
REALLY AWESOME TEASER VIDEO
Drawzit is a multiplayer party drawing game that combines unique card combinations and quick sketches, creating laughs, fun, and some pretty interesting art. And if you’re wondering - no, you don’t have to be a great artist to win. You only have 45 seconds to draw, sometimes the simplest image wins the round.
You'll find yourself drawing things like...
The game was created by Markus Alison and his daughters Sarah (12) & Ava (9). In an effort to escape our screens (phones, tablets, etc), we were sketching one day and decided to put random objects and actions on ripped up pieces of paper as a fun challenge. We had to draw whatever papers we pulled. A few tweaks and it became a game, thus Drawzit was born! Once we made the prototype, we began playing with family, friends, and neighbors. When people started regularly coming over asking to play Drawzit, we knew we were on to something.
What makes it special?
A few things…
- It’s Unique. There is no game out there like this. Believe me, we looked. It combines the best of creativity, social gaming, and wraps it all up in an easy to understand, simple game that provides hours of enjoyment. No two games are ever the same and there's never-ending replay value.
- It’s fun to play alone. You don’t need friends to play Drawzit for fun. We’ve even created some fun challenges for you solo artists - scroll down to the Alternate Gameplay section here on our website.
- It’s Viral. There is no other game in existence that allows you to quickly and easily share your awesome artwork with the world by taking a picture of your work and tagging it with #Drawzit on social media. This will be a great opportunity to create a massive growing community of Drawzit artists and fans.
How do you play Drawzit?
You're definitely going to wanna watch the video at the top of this page, but here's a breakdown of the action...
• Shuffle the two decks.
• Pull up a timer app from your phone or tablet, prep it for 45 seconds.
• Hand out pads & pencils to each player.
• All players take 3 Whozit and 3 Whatzit cards (3 blue and 3 red cards).
• Keep 6 cards in your hand at all times.
Whoever ate gummy bears most recently is the ‘Choozer’ and goes first.
The Choozer picks a Whozit and Whatzit card from their hand to create a funny combination. This is announced and all other players must then create a drawing of the combination.
Activate the timer for 45 seconds, the Choozer should not look at the players’ drawings during this time.
Once time is up, all players pass their drawings face down to the Choozer.
The Choozer shuffles the drawings and shares each drawing with the group.
To make the game more fun, the Choozer can explain each drawing as they share them.
The Choozer then picks their favorite, and that player gets a game token (or you can use M&M’s, Skittles or whatever is on hand).
The next player becomes the Choozer, and the previous Choozer takes a Whozit and Whatzit to get back to 6 cards.
Earn 5 tokens and you win!
FULL GAMEPLAY VIDEO
- Some cards have an underline. Ex: A constellation shaped like a __________. In this particular instance, you’ll want to put a Whozit card into the blank.
- Number of players is just a guide. You can absolutely play with 10 people if you want, but it definitely gets a little crazy.
- Some card combinations are funnier than others, and some just don’t work well. Try to find the best combination to make things fun.
- Why 45 seconds? 30 was too short, and 60 was too long!
At the heart of the game are the Whozit & Whatzit cards. Here’s a partial list of what you’ll find in the game (currently 150 of each in the base game):
Mix any Whozit above with any Whatzit and your imagination instantly begins to create an image. And that's the magic of Drawzit - you!
We have a full list, but would love to get your input to make the game even better. If you have any ideas for our Whozits or Whatzits, let us know! If we can get fully funded, we’ll look at including more than 150 of each set (as well as some other cool perks), and don’t even get us started on expansion packs...
Why it's fun
- Unlike many turn-based games, every player is involved every round. You’re either drawing a completely zany Whozit-Whatzit word combination, or you’re the Choozer - the person that picked the cards, and the ultimate judge of who has the funniest, cleverest - or dumbest drawing for that round. The choice is yours!
- “But I’m not an artist!” Guess what? With Drawzit, you don’t have to be! Many times the funniest drawing is the simplest. After all, you only have 45 seconds. You don’t really have time to create a masterpiece, but you can create something that is hilarious or clever.
- Unlike any other game on the market, with Drawzit you have the unique opportunity to share your in-game creations with the world instantly by posting to social media via #Drawzit. You can become part of a massive community of artists!
- Even more reasons why it’s fun… It generates creative imagination around the table, no two games are ever the same, it has unlimited replay (over 22,000 word combinations), oh and pssst… It also helps kids with reading & comprehension, creative & social skills, and overall intellect.
Check out the official Drawzit website for some of our favorite drawings from actual gameplay.
When we started playing and refining the game, we realized that this was an opportunity for friends and families to enjoy time together laughing & making memories through their own creative experiences. It was something that we wanted other people to enjoy. With Kickstarter, we can reach a larger audience than we can through our website & social channels alone. It’s a podium with a much louder voice, something we desperately needed if we were going to make the game a reality.
What will the money allow us to do?
Our plan is simple - generate the required amount of money to put a copy of the game in your hands. We don’t plan on retiring here, we just really want people to have as much fun playing Drawzit as we have. A breakdown of spending is below.
In addition to meeting our goal, we’d really like to get the attention of retailers and game stores nationwide. If you’re interested in ordering in bulk, contact us here.
We have partnered with PrintNinja for our game manufacturing. They have a longstanding proven track record with crowdfunding projects, we're excited to work with them!
How can you be involved?
Best way to help? Buy a copy of the game! Buy one for yourself, get one for your kids, one for your friends, your friends kids, your workplace, as a wedding or birthday gift for a friend, or give a copy to a complete stranger! We'll absolutely provide updates as we progress, you'll receive an incredible copy of the game, and you'll be one of the first to participate in the Drawzit revolution.
Second best way you can help? We need ideas for Whozits & Whatzits! We have some pretty cool ideas already, but we know that there’s a LOT of creative people out there and I’m sure there’s a TON of clever & funny things that we haven’t thought of. Send us your ideas, that’s what will make this game even better.
Third best way? Spread the word! Tell a friend, share this page on your social media accounts, heck, you can even contact your local games store and ask them to contact us about bulk sales.
Each time we reach a new goal together, we'll share our new crowdfunding goal with you! We've got a lot of great things ahead, including:
- More cards! We've love to have 200+ Whozits & Whatzits within the base game
- In-box 'organizer' to hold game box assets
- Upgraded game tokens
- Thicker & larger game box
- Smoother Card Finish
- Travel version
- Companion App
- Expansion packs! We're already planning the next 2 sets that are as fun as the base game.
Stay tuned as the campaign progresses!
Have a question?
Can't find the answer to your question above or on our website? Check our Kickstarter FAQ. We will regularly update this page to make sure that all of your questions are answered.
You can also ask us a question directly via the 'Ask a question' button on the FAQ page.
Want to give us some feedback or suggest Whozit or Whatzit cards? Contact us via our website.
Interested in ordering in bulk? Reach out via the contact form on our website.
Risks and challenges
This is our first Kickstarter, however we don't expect any roadblocks in the production process as the game assets really aren't that complicated. The hard part was the concept, creative card ideas and the actual play-testing. Once it was refined, we started narrowing down the vendor for game production & distribution. Additionally, we really want to focus on the game itself and not offer a lot of extras like t-shirts & random schwag. We love the idea, but want to make the game a priority for now. In the end, we feel that simplicity is the best way to get the game to you.
Support the Game
Get your Rewards
Thank you so much,
Markus, Sarah, and Ava Alison