Your all-in-one earbud wire solution.
Your all-in-one earbud wire solution. Read more
Exercise should be an enjoyable part of our lives. Sometimes it feels like a chore so we use music from our iPods and other mobile devices to ease the pain. Unfortunately as we exercise, our earbud wires tend to be an uncontrollable nuisance. The wires slaps us in the face and body distracting us while we workout. I'll tell you when your mind and body is in the zone you don't want to interrupted by bothersome earbud wires and its issues. Let's break free from this and don't settle, because WE deserve better..........
While going on runs with my friends, I would use my iPod to listen to music and I found that while running or working out my earbud wires would be flying all over the place. The direct result of excessive wire movement would cause my earbuds to fall out of my ears. Frustrated, I started thinking of ways of how to keep the earbud wires from being such an annoyance and how to keep the earbuds in my ears. That's when the idea of Tokkii was born.
Tokkii is an all-in-one earbud wire solution that has positively impacted my life and I want you to experience it too.....
Tokkii resolves the following issues
1. Uncontrollable earbud wires - During any activity earbud wires move around with body movement. The more extreme the movement the more uncontrollable the wires becomes.
2. Earbud droppage - The kinetic energy created by excess body movement can make the earbud wires move uncontrollably which causes the earbud to wiggle loose away from the ear.
3. Tangled wires - To store your earbud wires most people just put them in their pocket or throw them into their purse / bags, but when it comes time to use them again, the earbud wires are tied into knots wasting valuable time.
4. Inconvenience - Sometimes you need to take your earbuds out of your ears but to access them again quickly is not possible. With the current earbud design you can't have one earbud in without the other one dangling.
Ways Tokkii will improve your life
1. Tokkii tethers the wire onto shirts, hats, necklace, etc. to minimize energy transfer which causes uncontrollable and annoying wire movement....
2. The key to keeping the earbuds in your ears is proper fitting earbuds and controlling excessive wire movement will drastically reduce earbuds from dropping out. Excessive wire movement tugs and pulls on the earbud which causes droppage.
3. Tokkii's tapered waist design works great as a wire wrap for a tight compact bundle to store. ( so you can toss it into gym bags, backpacks, purses, pockets, etc)
4. The convenience of Tokkii tethering the wire will allow us to dangle earbud wires that will never fall below your waist and it makes accessing them easier and quicker...Look Ma no hands.....
Color Options (Rendering)
Tokkii's patent pending unibody construction is durable and has no multiple parts to lose and break which renders other similar products obsolete. Whether your going out for a run or taking your dog for a walk, Tokkii keeps your music and phone conversations flowing. Tokkii is the ideal companion for your earbuds. Say good goodbye to wire slaps and say hello to Tokkii!!!
Risks and challenges
The most challenging part of producing Tokkii is the maintenance aspect of the plastic injection mold. The clip gap of Tokkii has less than 1mm spacing and during the molding process the metal plate that separates the two faces on Tokkii will warp and distort in high heat and pressure. The very thin metal plate of the mold will need constant attention if we are to maintain the highest standards. To address this we've found a very capable manufacture that have extensive experiences in the plastic manufacturing and we'll be working together closely to produce the highest quality product.
The risks and challenges of our project are minimal. After extensive prototyping and testing we are confident to proceed to full production. We've already identified the manufacturer and with your involvement we can start the tooling process. The biggest challenge ahead is how to spread the word to the world. Please join team Tokkii and help us reach as many people as possible so they can experience the positive effects of Tokkii.
Thank you for your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)