HotRod Henry SUPERCHARGED - the ultimate 3D printer
HotRod Henry SUPERCHARGED - the ultimate 3D printer
Become a 3D printing artist thanks to this ultra fast, super precise and multimaterial machine that is a masterpiece itself.
Become a 3D printing artist thanks to this ultra fast, super precise and multimaterial machine that is a masterpiece itself. Read more
PRINTING IS AN ART – with HotRod Henry Supercharged
Become a 3D printing artist and make your own 3D masterpiece. With HotRod Henry Supercharged 3D printer every creative idea can be brought into life faster and more accurately than ever.
We do not want to impose you any defined form. We want to give you freedom in creation – freedom that is a dream and a privilege of every artist. If you are an artist using 3D printing to help you express your inner self, or an artist of 3D printing: an engineer, a designer, a maker, you need a powerful tool that is as transparent as possible.
The most distinctive HotRod Henry Supercharged features:
HotRod Henry’s speed and precision match the highest achievable in the market. The bundled software suite is among the most powerful out there. Combined with ease of use of the hardware itself, it will not leave you wondering about next steps. HotRod Henry’s large volume lets you print whatever you like. The material choice is always yours, as our 3D printer handles absolutely every filament money can buy.
- One of the fastest FFF/FDM printers in the world. Up to 5 times faster than competition (not by means of tricks or additional heads). It can print with the speed of up to 450 mm/s. Actual printing speed, not just head movement!
- As accurate as a top FFF/FDM printer can get. HotRod Henry is super precise! It can go down to 50 microns layer resolution. In X and Y axes the accuracy is also 50 microns. We have tested and measured it!
- Endless material capabilities. Compatible with every filament available - including flexible thermoplastics, high temperature polymers and composites, even the ones reinforced with carbon fiber or glass fiber.
- Amazingly large print volume. 350x350x600mm of freedom is at your disposal. With over 70 litres of 3D printing volume – the sky is the limit!
- The most stylish looks out there. Timeless design that would fit into every interior.
- Only industrial grade, durable components.
- Advanced yet intuitive software allowing you to take control according to your experience.
- Augmented Reality (RealView) mode in our software lets you see the print in your hands before you start!
- Intuitive touchscreen interface and readiness to print right after plugging in, without a moment needed for assembly.
The most credible proof for Hot Rod Henry Supercharged excellence are 3D printed models: 1:1 Sir Paul McCartney’s statue, prosthetic leg covers show just how large a volume this printer can achieve. The super precise figurines demonstrate just how precise the heads are. And the pure numbers of the printouts prove that the quality can be maintained for long periods of time without deterioration. Our works have been presented during prestigious fair trade shows around the globe. Head down to the only exhibition of 3D works and enjoy just a glance of what we did so far. You could find much more on our webpage: www.ayeayelabs.com. We left a couple of exhibition stands empty. They are waiting for YOUR masterpiece!
Status of our Creative Process
Our printer is already through the design phase. The prototypes have passed rigorous tests. They have been printing for over half a year, and they work flawlessly. They got no special treatment. We are close to putting final touches on our classic. We encourage you to join us in our last efforts. If we succeed through kickstarter, the art of 3D printing will come into life. And you will get your very own HotRod Henry Supercharged at early bird price!
Design of HotRod Henry Supercharged
HotRod Henry is clearly like no other printing machine out there and stands out in the crowd of nearly identical, dull 3D printers. We wanted looks that would be warmer. We wanted it to be user friendlier. We wanted a machine that gives you confidence, a device whose reliability you can trust. The looks of vintage products are often associated with stability, robustness, perfect simplicity and universal stylishness. So we did design it that way.
HotRod Henry Supercharged fits every interior. Period.
Henry is available in any colour you like, including vintage classics.
Do not be misguided. HotRod Henry Supercharged is as technically advanced as the best 3D printer ever could:
- Full metal chassis for stiffness
- Custom powder-coated steel case for safety
- Powerful heaters for consistency
- Industrial grade linear guides on every axis for durability
- Ball screw for Z axis for precision
- Top electronics for the speeeeed!
The speed you need
With any creativity, the ideas come into mind quickly. If you want to materialise your designs and visions, you need them right away. Henry Supercharged is 5x faster than a typical high quality printer!
We have teamed up with CreateitReal to supercharge the original HotRod Henry and build an ultimate speed demon. HotRod Henry Supercharged is one of the fastest FFF printers. And if printing precision and material compatibility are part of the equation, it might actually be the fastest! Thanks to advanced motion algorithms, you can benefit from actual printing speeds of up to 450mm/s.
HotRod Henry is precise, and stays precise
HotRod Henry Supercharged can achieve the highest levels of accuracy possible for a filament printer.
We do not settle for simple maths of microstepping and boast about theoretical numbers. Instead, we measured hundreds of our prints. You can be sure, that an object printed with HotRod Henry Supercharged will differ from the original design by no more than 50 microns in X, Y, and Z!
Just use any material
Print with anything you want to – not with what you’re told to!
HotRod Henry Supercharged allows you to use any filament available in stores. You are not discouraged to experiment. You will not lose your warranty on the device.
- Closed chamber and heated bed ensure that large ABS prints come out unwarped and strong.
- Powerful hot end lets you print fast with higher temperature materials.
- Direct-drive extruder enables flexible material usage.
- Stainless steel nozzles do not suffer extensive wear while printing glass or carbon fibers.
Our material philosophy
After a lot of hard work, we figured our approach to material classification. We have divided materials into three categories based on their physical properties: Solid, Composite and Flexible.
Within each category you can find filaments that are very easy to print as well as some that require knowledge and experience. It is exactly the same as with three print setting levels in our RealVision Software. We assessed their difficulty levels: Basic, Advanced and Expert.
Software and preparation
Sophisticated printer deserves intuitive software suite!
Our power comes from using the best hardware needed, the latest electronics, and the most efficient software. Even the best printer would not be able to print anything without a properly prepared code to run it. Therefore, every HotRod Henry comes with a licensed copy of RealVision software which serves both as a print preparation (slicing) software, and a host to control the printer if you choose to connect it to your PC.
RealVision can be operated in BASIC, ADVANCED or EXPERT mode. Therefore everyone can operate it according to their needs and experience. There is also another useful feature for beginners - RealView (Augmented Reality):
Easy to operate
Once set up, HotRod Henry is convenient to use. You get consistent results. Always.
HotRod Henry Supercharged focuses on User Experience. We've got rid of unfriendly controls in favour of a modern TFT touchscreen. It does not need to be connected to a PC. Just plug a USB stick with the generated code. Starting the print is literally a couple of clicks away. Also, a built-in intuitive assistant can guide you through the whole process. Once done, there is no need to repeat it every time you print. Your HotRod will remain properly tuned.
Patent pending nozzle and guide exchange system allows you to switch nozzles in under a minute without the need for calibration afterwards.
HotRod Henry Supercharged in action
HotRod MINI 3D Printer
Storage / feeding stand
“To manufacture the fastest, most reliable, and most stylish complete FFF 3D printing system in the World and to enable customers to print effectively in large or small formats, using all materials available.”
We are a group of engineers and 3D enthusiasts who strive for the very best in quality and robustness, but also put a huge emphasis on aesthetics and friendliness of the products. That is why, in 2014 we founded Aye Aye Labs to design and build, with care & love and basing on our long-term experience in 3D printing – the HotRod Henry Supercharged 3D printer – the most stylish and complete FFF 3D printing system out there. HotRod Henry Supercharged provides you with everything you could need when it comes to 3D printing: superfast speed, large volume, flexibility in terms of supported printing materials and of course, timeless looks! We truly believe that 3D printing is an art. So is our printer. Try HotRod Henry Supercharged once and you will love it forever!
HotRod Henry Supercharged - Specifications
All people shot in our Kickstarter movie are artists. They perform art using genuine products printed by our HotRod Henry Supercharged.
- Konrad (the guitarist) has a soft spot for both music and engineering. In love with art and technology, he strongly believes that both these things can come together in order to make the world a better place. Playing the guitar is his great passion. Why did he choose HotRod Henry Supercharged for his creative process? He believes that with perseverance and engagement, the world can be improved and life can be made easier and more convenient. He admires technology, but also respects art. Art is what you do when you want to convey something, when you want to announce to people. And that is why he adores Aye Aye Labs. "Their product is perfect in every detail. Efficient, fast, precise and easy on the eye. Aye Aye Labs do not only create technology. They surely have something important to say. And, thanks to them, so do I".
- Kamil (the sculptor) studies sculpture at Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow. His art credo is "beauty lies in simplicity". The simpler the art, the better. The easier to be understood by the spectator. Making pieces of art is a medium for which he can creates what he wants to purvey, and Kamil thinks there is no better way to speaking in a fundamental way about things that are not obvious. He combines materials (rock, wood) with new techniques such as 3D printing. This is a method that has been known for ages among sculptors. The alliance between artificial, man-made resources and materials that have been naturally created for a long, long time. Now they are subtly connected. Dialogue between them begins and the specific game between novice and professional.
- Michal (the painter) studied art history at Jagiellonian University and at Faculty of Painting at Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow. Since 2013 he obtained the research degree of Doctor of Fine Arts. He is the laureate of the Republic of Austria Scholarship (Akademie der bildenden Künste, 2014-2015). His areas of interest are painting, photography and video art. He is interested in contextual activity of arts media and the analysis of picture and visual phenomenon. In his works he sets the dialogue between the art theory, visual studies and anthropology. He creates in accordance to picture dialectics rule, combining the various visual threads in heterogeneous whole.
3D models featured in the campaign:
- Julia Vase #011 - Heatwave - design by virtox, available at http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:126567
- Sir Paul Mccartney - scan available for download at http://www.paulmccartney.com/
- Delacroix’s Liberty - design by 3DShook, http://www.3dshook.com/catalog/trial-gallery/marianne/
- Prosthetic Leg Covers - design by Magdalena Baranowska, http://naproteze.blogspot.com/p/technologie.html#3d_def
- Low-Poly Charmander - design by FLOWALISTIK, available at http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:323038
- Right femur - created by BME_Sundevil, available at http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5820
- The Thinker at the Musée Rodin, France - design by Scan The World, available at https://www.myminifactory.com/object/the-thinker-at-the-muse-rodin-france-2127
- Universal stand - design by aburnsdesign, available at http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1346076
- Breakout Guitar Picks - design by Trevor Day - Enterprise XD Design, available at https://www.myminifactory.com/object/breakout-guitar-picks-14585
- =JJ= Industries: Kylo Ren Helmet - design by Luke Daley, available at https://www.myminifactory.com/object/jj-industries-kylo-ren-helmet-14106
- Lightsaber - design by Cemal Cetinkaya, available at https://www.myminifactory.com/object/kylo-ren-s-lightsaber-star-wars-6791
- Diablo head - design by Kamil Krasoń
- Cellular Lamp - design by by nervoussystem, available at http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:19104
- Brandenburg Gate - design by MiniWorld, available at http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:545920
- Peon 230 arm - design by Tech2C, available at http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:629338
We could of course try just reinventing the wheel ourselves. That would, however, move our focus from the most important goals we have set for our printers. In order to create something unique, we partnered with carefully selected companies. Without those partnerships, HotRod Henry would not exist. Or at least would not be supercharged.
Risks and challenges
Unlike many, HotRod Henry Supercharged 3D printer does exist. The design, prototype and testing phases are complete. Now it is time to start the production and distribute HotRod Henry Supercharged :) Therefore, there is no risk that the product development will stall or hit a dead end.
Our team is experienced in the manufacturing world and we are confident that the timelines will be kept. However, unexpected delays may occur due to component shortages or suppliers/subcontractors not delivering on time. We will do our best to be as transparent as possible and keep you informed, and work hard to resolve any issues as they may arise.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)