Ants: the Board Game
Ants: the Board Game
Player can choose four special amazing races of ants: Ninja, Kunfu, Ranger and Shaman to build a greatest kingdom to win the game.
Player can choose four special amazing races of ants: Ninja, Kunfu, Ranger and Shaman to build a greatest kingdom to win the game. Read more
<Ants: The Board Game>
It's a fun strategy board game for 2-4 players. It’s a special ant-themed game where players get to choose ants from different races. There are four special amazing races of ants that players can choose to build a greatest kingdom to win this game, Ninja, Kung fu, Ranger and Shaman.
• 16 Boards of Life Span Charts
• 10 Starting Ant Nest Boards
• 30 Expanding Ant Nest Boards
• 38 Room Tiles
• 4 Queen Pieces in the player colors
• 4 Queen Tokens in the player colors
• 52 Exploration Cards:
• 12 Creature Cards
• 12 Plant Cards
• 4 Dangerous Creature Cards
• 9 Disaster Cards
• 9 Special Cards
• 6 Empty Ant Nest Cards
• 200 Egg Tokens
• 12 “40 Eggs” Cards
• 160 Food Tokens
• 1 Reproductive Dices
• 1 Battle Dices
• 1 Rule Book
• 1 Game Board
we will make a video to show everyone how to play this game and you can talk with our designer on Facebook page www.facebook.com/antsbg
Goal of the game:
You’re the leader of the ants, and your ultimate goal is to take your little army to the total domination. There are several ways to your victory: to build the biggest ant colony ever seen on earth, or to crush every opponent without mercy, the choice is yours to make.
1. Each player chooses the race of ants.
2. Each player takes the life span charts of the following types: Queen, Soldier, Worker and Reproductive ant.
3. Put the queen ant piece on the starting ant nest board, and the queen token on the queen ant chart and 1 token on soldier chart, and 2 tokens on worker’s. Take 40 egg tokens, 1 ant nest board and 7 food tokens.
1. Action Round
In action round, players perform their actions in turn. Each player has two actions per round, and more actions can be taken after more nests are built.
Player can assign orders to the ants. The following is the series of orders the ants can do
“Lay Eggs”- Players can put unused egg tokens on the life span chant(s) of worker, soldier or reproductive ant. The eggs will later turn into different ants according to the chart it is on.
“Digging”- Workers can expand the nest by digging. Every one more level you have, 2 more ants and 4 more food tokens you can hold.
“Build a room”- Workers can build different rooms in the nest. Every room provides a function for the player. Every race of ants has its own unique room. For example, the room called “Aphid pen” can provide food tokens to the nest every round if it is built.
“Farming”- Workers can grow food out of farming fungus.
“Explore”- Soldier ants can be assigned to go out for exploration. When performing this action, the player can draw 1 or 2 exploration cards. The player may draw a creature card which provides food tokens or a disaster card which makes all player lost their ants.
“Forage/Hunt”- If there are any plant, creature or dangerous creature cards left on the table, the player can send the soldiers to forage or hunt.
“Conquer”- The player can send any amount of soldiers to attack other player’s nest.
1. The attacking player declare who he/she wants to attack and announce how many soldiers he/she is sending out.
2. The defending player announces how many soldiers and/or workers he/she sent out for defense.
3. Both players roll the 6-side dice.
4. Combine the number of soldiers(workers) which players sent and the result of dice.
5. The winner of this battle is the one has bigger number.
6. If attacking player win, get a nest or a special card from the loser. Otherwise, defending player get food tokens.
“Mate and colonize”- The player can assign any number of groups of reproductive ants to mate and colonize new nest.
1. For each group assigned, roll a reproductive dice.
2. If it shows an ant symbol, it’s a failure and the reproductive ants are removed from the chart.
3. If it shows a crown symbol, it’s a success and a new colony will be formed.
4. The reproductive ant will now be treated as a new queen and has its life span of 15 columns.
2. Upkeep Round
In upkeep round, players feed their ants and move them on to the next step in their life span.
1. Count the numbers of all the ants in each of your nest, and then subtract the same number of food token, and if the nest can’t afford to feed its residents, the player must take away the ant tokens that can’t be fed and put the tokens back into the box. Those token can later be used only if new nest has been created.
2. Move all ant tokens one column forward on the life span chart. This represents the growing of each individual ant. If this resulted in the token to move past the egg column, the token is now treated as an ant. If that resulted in the token to move past the last column of the chart, return that token back into the box as well.
3. If there isn't enough space for the egg to be hatched, discard the egg tokens that cannot be hatched this turn.
*Note: If there is a dangerous creature on the table, eliminate the ants before feeding them.
So, thinking about your food tokens are enough or not, and watching out the age of ants are very important.
First player who owns 4 ant nests or the only player who has Queen left wins the game.
About the "add fee"outside the US(include Taiwan and China) :This game is a big and heavy box, we are sure that everyone's has apparently better ideas to lower the fees for his/her own condition but you need to understand that we are working on a wholesale basis with negotiated prices with our logistics partners. These prices are including a lot of hidden costs like pallets handling, repacking, unit shipments, etc.
Thanks a lot for your careful attention and understanding .
The Ants Team
Risks and challenges
As board game die-hard fans, we came from different parts of the world and work together as a team to make this game a production ready. we're from New York, Australia, Taiwan and China.
Coordinating with each other about game design, rules, and characters were very difficult for us. We spent most of the time on video conferencing to talk about every aspect of the game.
Thank you for all members of the team that work so hard to have this game ready for production. Our next step is to get this project funded and make this game a reality by putting it into production. And send out all the gifts to all of the supporters.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)