Use this space to cheer the creator along, and talk to your fellow backers.
Have a question?
Was very excited about this new product and even held off buying a Neptune system for this one. Just sad that no one can update us on what is going on with this. Can’t even get a hold of Kickstarter to report this. Please fishbit let us know where we stand!
I'm losing hope...it's now been 8 months since the last update...
Noticed your website is down.
We the backers, supporters, and ambassadors of your product (or lack their of) respectfully demand that you provide an update regardless of the stage of development the product is presently in. Vaporware or not. Providing an update is the right and ethical thing to do.
Do the right thing here Nathan, and provide an update.
Don’t order anything from these guys the lack of response is unacceptable and I haven’t received anything from them. Don’t buy!!! WARNING!!!!
Last update was in March. Delays are one thing but lack of updates (which only takes a few minutes) is another
It's been 7 months since the last update...can we get an update Fishbit crew? What roadblocks are you facing?
Hopefully I m wrong but it doesn't look like this is ever going to come out.
Would love to know what's going on. I've also tried reaching out to Fishbit with no response. If the project isn't going through I'd love a refund, as almost $600usd was alot, especially with the Canadian exchange rate at the time.
An update would be nice, think it will be done by Christmas
What is with the lack of updates????
An update would be grrrrrrrreat.
The Fishbit app was updated on August 6th, so I wouldn't give up hope yet...much like others, I am anxiously waiting for a Kickstarter update.
Really a shame to see you guys go off the grid like this. Fellas - if you don't have the $ for refunds, and you can't complete the project - do the right thing and let us know what's going on. We believed in you, we supported you, and while I'm certain it's a very bitter pill to swallow - you need to treat us respectfully and tell us what happened. As someone who's been through a very similar situation, you'll feel better having done so. -G
If there's a panic button around, I think now is the time to press it! I've tried numerous times to reach out to the "Fishbit Team" and the creator via different communicative platforms for nearly 2 months now but no one is responding. To me this is really out of character, to even not hear anything from the creator himself, which really has me scratching my head. Obviously something is definitely wrong here with this iresponsible act I mean really, I've seen Current Labs go as far as 2 to even close to 3 months without any updates on here but to go nearly 5 months without any feed back is mind boggling and truthfully inexcusable. Obviously somthing doesn't add up here and we all sense it, why not just let us all know the bad or good or even in between please! We deserve better treatment.
Is anybody receiving any communication? The mailbox they point to is not accepting incoming emails any longer.. I am done with Kickstarter. I really thought these guys would deliver given they had a working prototype for beta testing out there.So $450 down the drain...
Last login of project creator is Mar 7 2017. So looks like project closed :(
Hi Fishbit,I think its time for an update good or bad. I also want to remind you, and all of the backers, that per the Kickstarter rules, if Fishbit fails to be released, the creators owe all of the backers a detailed accounting of how the money was spent.
We need an update. It's over 3 months and nothing. Let us know when we can expect the unit.
question on the monitors: How often will the replaceable and calibratable sensors need to be replaced and how much will you be charging for them? Do you envision a system similar to the seneye solution that are replaced monthly?
A few questions for ya.
Did you already get the third party certification process out of the way?
Did you get the plastics from the Supplier as of yet?
Where are you in terms of mass production for final testing and shipping?
Please no more with the silent treatment! You promised monthly updates. Inform us with the latest please!
Hello, the wait has been agonizingly long. Kindly publish another update so backers can understand what is going on. This was supposed to have shipped long back. At this rate, y'all have to include some freebies.
We should get more updates. Just choose. Every 45 or 60 days. Good or bad. Give us an update.
Who to contact for refund?
Last update was March 7. Today is Apr 25. Has anyone received their fishbit?
30 to 60 days? Bring it!!!
Really? Three months with no update? Problems can occur, but not communicating to your backers is inexcusable.
Has anyone else heard anything about anything :(
No longer holding my breath on this one. Messaged them about getting my money back (since it was promised we could at anytime), and no response.
An update is overdue. What does more updates mean? Monthly? December 1st was last updated.
Fishbit Team! It's seem to be an unbroken pattern here. We need an update Porfavor! We're already reaching close to the 6 month mark since the last initial August delivery attempt last year. My Reef tank is desperately longing for a controller system guys. Please fill us all in. Thanks
Curious... if this is going Pebble's way. Please do not. Kindly provide an update as soon as possible. There are many here who are eagerly awaiting some news. 'Radio Silence' isn't fun.
Be nice if we got any update soon...
Thanks for the update. When can we expect delivery? I know it's difficult to give a date, but it's difficult for us not knowing either. Hope next update gives us a date as to when we can expect it to be delivered.
I second that. Where are the updates we were promised?
We were promised more frequent updates a month ago, but nothing since then. Not instilling confidence. Will it get here before Christmas? Are we into 2017?
Thank you for the update. I was beginning to get a bit anxious. You mentioned that you will have a better understanding of the timeline in a few weeks. This is a bit concerning since on August 16th you mentioned a timeline of 90 days and now you have established that you're going to need a few weeks to establish a new timeline. I reluctantly was willing to wait 90 days and now it sounds like your saying that it's going to be more than 90 days and the challenges you are running into don't exactly instil confidence in me. What benefit is there to the backers for weathering the storm with you? Many of us have been more than patient and it sounds like you're telling us you need more. Why should we stay? I'm assuming the offer you made in August for those who want refunds is still valid? I really want to continue to support this project but that is becoming increasingly difficult.
Wow seems like much more research should of been done in early stages . What's expected wait now
I concur with Joseph, going dark is way more frustrating than any issues or delays that have happened.
We need an update.
What's the latest update gentleman? Is things up on "par" & on schedule with the intended upgrades? Anyone?
September 20th 2016
Fellow Fishbit architects! It's been great to know that Fishbit will be getting "Better" for us all through out these next sevral months. Since the wait is a bit of a set back, i have faith that it will be all be worth the while.
What is the latest news for us all?
Following up on delivery timeline as of today - Aug 14 2016: any updates on when kits would start shipping?
@Current Labs That is great to hear--I will look forward to it. Currently have it working with Blynk--would be great to have it integrated all in one app (i.e. FishBit).
@brandon M sorry to hear about the loss, but seems like a wicked cool sensor you set up. We’ve built our infrastructure from day one to support savvy DIYers like yourself. We have on our roadmap a few ways people can plugin to our system, one being a public API, and another yet-to-be-announced way that will make it easy for Particle Photon users to easily integrate. It will be super easy to add that sensor to Fishbit so you can pair it with your Fishbit Controller and our UI. We are currently updating our software feature timelines for the summer and fall and one of the things we want to get done sooner rather than later is exactly what you are asking. You can be sure you’ll be one of the first to hear news about it from us once we have a solid timeline in place :)
Hi guys--I was on vacation over the 4th of July and didn't realize my canister filters on my African Cichlid aquarium were in dire need of a cleaning--had a fairly significant loss :(. I've just purchased a couple hall effect flow sensors to put inline with my canister filters. I will initially get these up and running with a Particle Photon to monitor and send me an alert if the flow goes below a threshold.
Was wondering if it would be possible to implement something like this on the FishBit?
@ Patrick Jewell: great idea! A few of us are actually from Florida so we get it! I lost a tank to a 10+ day outage growing up :(
We're already working on short term modes for things such as water change mode or feeding mode but long term modes and emergency ones are super interesting too!
I have an idea for a software upgrade:
A designated operating profile like "emergency mode" or "critical system mode". I live in a hurricane prone area. So something I do before the power goes out, is I set up the aquarium for critical components to run on a generator. Like an air stone and a few powerheads. A fan to operate at a certain temperature for evaporative cooling. Just enough to keep corals/fish happy.