UPDATE: We made it to 100% funded with almost two weeks to go! To keep the ball rolling, I'm releasing a couple stretch goals, so don't stop sharing and posting this project to your friends!
If we reach $1900, I'll send all the Scarf backers five blank thank you cards featuring one of my designs for you send to your own friends and family!
If we reach $2200, I'll send all the scarf backers five thank you cards, and a surprise signed and matted 8x10 print of my artwork!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Hi! I'm Carol Andrews, living in beautiful Missouri City, Texas... just a hair Southwest of Houston.
I've been a professional photographer for about thirty years. After enduring damage by Hurricane Ike and a home studio fire, I chose to not reopen my portrait photography business. For many years, I felt loss and grief about my profession, and my passion of creating art. Several years later, I began photographing flowers when one of my dearest friends had breast cancer. The act of the photography gave me a place of solace and comfort. I spent a lot of time channeling my energy into contemplation and prayer, while focusing on beauty. It felt like observing stories and messages in ancient stained glass windows . The beauty of nature helped to ground and sustain me.
Years later, I'm still focused on creating imagery of beauty, but now with a total change of style and technology.
After two successful Kickstarters, that helped launch my signature Art Glass Visions, I've decided to take the risk of expanding my business. Striking while the iron's hot! By continuing to manipulate my images, I've transformed them into a beautiful pattern that will be printed on silk scarves. Imagine these designs transformed into soft, luxurious accessories perfect for women's corporate, everyday wear, and special events.
The printer I've decided to work with requires minimum purchase amounts, so I need your help raising the capital to jump-start this endeavor. I'm starting small, with a collection of five carefully curated designs, narrowed down from over thirty. These are great gifts for women of all ages and figure types.
Scarves are HOT fashion accessories! Each silk scarf measures approx. 16x72 inches.
1. Yellow Roses with star motif. Bright and beautiful, great to wear with basic black!
2. Softer and more traditional, a smaller scale pattern of contrasting purple and yellow.
3. All about turquoise! You can't have a bad time when wearing such luscious colors.
4. Southwestern inspiration, great with jeans or bold with a little black dress for evening.
5. Delicious and delightful, perfect accent for this fashion seasons colors of soft pinks, greys, and whites.
***If you aren't sure which one you want yet, don't worry! After the Kickstarter ends, I'll send out a survey asking you for your address and which scarf you would like to receive***
Imagine how much better this scarf will look on you! The silk fabric will be easily draped and folded into your favorite scarf style.
Potential Customer Testimonials:
"I couldn't get a boy to notice me at all, UNTIL I bought one of these scarves. Now we've been happily dating for 9 days." - Elizabeth Van Egmond, Seattle, WA
"I'm so proud of my daughter's designs, I could bust my buttons!" - Doris Gage, Age 89, Queen of Pine Crest Community
Risks and challenges
Having successfully completed and shipped my first two Kickstartesr a few weeks ago, I feel confident in further expanding my business by creating these scarves. This Kickstarter will help add to my credibility in the giftware market, not only as a designer, but also as a producer.
As a result of my first two Kickstarters, I have been able to grow and am now featured in over 10 retailers!
This new kickstarter will allow me to test design images and gather client feedback, along with being able to continue focusing on business development in order to expand into the wholesale gift market.
I believe my previous experience, both professionally and through kickstarter, have well prepared me for this project. Please back with confidence!
Some information on the silk I'll be using:
Light Weight Silk Habotai:
- 100% plain weave silk
- Common uses include silk scarves, summer dresses, accessories, light wall hangings.
- Prints beautifully right thru both sides of the fabric. You will see the print at about 70% from the back of the fabric.
- Due to the plain weave, dark colours may run slightly into nearby colours.
- Light weight and semi-sheer with a lovely moderate sheen.
- 8mm weight
- Care: machine wash cold water gentle cycle, or handwash using detergent for delicate fabrics. You may also dry clean your silk chiffon.
- Fabric hand (feel) will soften dramatically after washing.
- Iron on Silk setting.
- May shrink after the first wash
- (20 days)