This Very Week
We've had a busy day. We had a press breakfast this morning at United Kingdom Interactive Entertainment (or UKIE to your friends). We have a feature in Wired. And then we got Appstore approval!
Suffice to say we're pleased. Tiny Games will be officially released in three days time, on Thursday the 24th of October. Thank you.
This was going to be an update with further rewards details but I promise that'll come tomorrow afternoon. For now, we've got an idea. Tiny Games is an app designed around the idea that wherever you are, whoever you're with, there fun to be had, right there and then. For launch day, we don't want to focus on big events that only a few people can go to. Tiny Games isn't about one big launch party - it's about launch parties wherever you are, whoever you're with. Tiny Launch Parties!
Launch parties in the pub after college! Launch parties during a cigarette break at work! Launch parties at family dinner! Launch parties during ad breaks!
If you'd like to run a Tiny Launch Party, it couldn't be easier. Be somewhere, either with or without anyone else, on the 24th of October, and at some point announce: it's A Tiny Launch Party! Grab the app and play some games. If you'd like to take some photos or tweet about how it goes, that would be great. We'll be doing the same from @tinygames on twitter or at facebook.com/worldoftinygames.
That's really all there is too it - you don't need to make any special arrangements at all! Of course, if you'd like to, then we'd love to help:
- Tomorrow we'll provide some print-at-home Tiny Games Bunting, or our very, very special print-at-home Tiny Games Party Hats.
- We'll host a Google Hangout if you'd like to pop up and say hello to any other Tiny Games parties. Check in here on Thursday and we'll have a live link.
- Document your fun on Vine or Instagram with #tinygames and use a tool called Pitch'd to pull all your tomfoolery into a massive gallery of play.
- Interested in meeting other Tiny Gamers? Let them know where you are in the comments and team up for a drink, or a walk in the park with your dogs/cats/kids.
- Queue for something. Then play a game!
We've got this far because of your support, and we love the idea that you get to have a party on launch day too. Let us know if there's any way we can help or if you have any crazy ideas and we'll support you however we can. We'll be tweeting more about Tiny Launch Parties nearer the event so stay tuned!