About this project
BREAKING: Fantasy Fantasy Baseball selected as Staff Pick!
Draft your team. Use your magic. Battle for victories.
Fantasy Fantasy Baseball is an inventive new card game in which you are the Wizard manager of a baseball team of powerful and gruesome fantasy creatures battling through a season of fantasy baseball. Go head-to-head against other Wizard managers for Victory cards while building up your team’s statistics for even more Victory cards. But beware, your players may have spells cast on them.
Instead of the typical fantasy baseball experience taking months to play, the entire Fantasy Fantasy Baseball experience is boiled down to 10 minutes per player. The amazing fantasy creatures provide something for the baseball fan and the gamer in all of us.
Fantasy Fantasy Baseball breaks down to: one part fantasy, one part fantasy baseball, one part baseball cards, with a pinch of satire.
Baseball fans will enjoy all the subtle and not-so-subtle baseball references, but you don't have to be a sports fan in order to have a lot of fun with this game.
Developed by acclaimed designers Daryl Andrews and J.R. Honeycutt (now, those are two great baseball names) with art by Rob Lundy, Fantasy Fantasy Baseball is a roster-building card game where players must assemble and manage a team through a season full of unexpected challenges using players skills and magical abilities to win games.
Fantasy Fantasy Baseball... where high fantasy and fantasy baseball meet.
- For 2 to 5 players
- Ages 8+
- 20 to 50 minutes to play
- 155 beautifully-illustrated cards
- Compact box
Fantasy Fantasy Baseball weaves together all the best elements of fantasy baseball:
- head-to-head win system
- rotisserie stat tracking
- live draft
- setting your lineups
- final battle for the championship
Fantasy Fantasy Baseball also uses a clever combination of game mechanics which fit together to deliver an authentic fantasy sports experience, including:
- Card drafting – Think of it as your live fantasy draft
- Action programming – Setting your lineup
- Hand management – Choose which players start and which sit
- Simultaneous action – Go head-to-head with your opponent
- Variable player powers – Use your specific player strengths at the right time
Fantasy Fantasy Baseball is the first game in our Fantasy Fantasy Sports series. The next two titles are...
... and you can pre-order them now along with your copy of Fantasy Fantasy Baseball. See "PLEDGE LEVELS" below for more information.
Updated (Dec. 20, 2015)
- 65 Character Cards (30 hitters + 30 pitchers // 30 Rookies, 8 Pros, 8 Specialists, 8 All-Stars, 6 Hall of Famers)
- 60 Win Cards
- 30 Event Cards (20 Evil, 10 Good)
- 5 Team Cards (cardboard)
- 5 Wizard Managers (cardboard minis)
- 1 "No Crying" / "Rain Delay" token
- 30 Scoring markers (6 cubes x 5 teams)
- Game Board (“Rotisserie” Stat Tracker & Waiver Priority)
- Illustrated instructions
Designs subject to change.
"Elegant. Yet highly flavourful. Nice!"
- Eric Lang (designer of Dice Masters, Quarriors, and many more)
"A great idea. I can't imagine it will be anything but awesome."
- Dirk Hayhurst (MLB pitcher, broadcaster, author of The Bullpen Gospels, Out of my League, and more)
"A fantastic baseball game, in all senses of the word!"
- Lance Myxter (Undead Viking)
"I love seeing more sports-themed games coming out. This one is very innovative."
- Mike Fitzgerald (designer of Baseball Highlights 2045, Diamonds, and many more)
"This is an interesting game with some new ideas, great artwork, a quick playtime and a fun theme."
- Andrew Bucholtz (Yahoo! Sports)
"The game looks amazing! I think it has a chance to blow up."
- Jason Kotarski (designer and publisher, Green Couch Games)
"Fantasy Fantasy Baseball is a really clever mash-up of both genres. It’s quick, full of fun and challenging decisions and finds the right balance between sport and sorcery to remain appealing to a wide audience."
- Stephen Conway (The Spiel)
"You don't have to like fantasy baseball to like Fantasy Fantasy Baseball."
- Chris Zinsli (Cardboard Edison)
"... the Rotisserie board mechanism makes the choice of which players to start truly compelling. As the game progressed, I began to understand what my team was capable of... extremely rewarding."
- Mike Mullins (co-designer of Bottom of the Ninth by Dice Hate Me Games)
"If you like baseball, fantasy, and fantasy baseball check out Fantasy Fantasy Baseball."
- Chris Kirkman (Dice Hate Me Games)
"Fantasy Fantasy Baseball captures the fun of assembling your team while throwing in some unpredictable magic. A great combination!"
- Sean Jacquemain (The Daily Worker Placement)
"I designed games named DRINKING QUEST, I like dry humour in my titles... FANTASY FANTASY BASEBALL may have me beat"
- Jason Anarchy (designer of Drinking Quest)
"Gamers will like it for the drafting and hand-management. Sports fans will get all the references on the cards. And for those that like fantasy sports, it's going to seem like a very natural fit."
- Tyler Anderson (Bearded Meeple)
"I am not a fan of sports. But I am a fan of this game."
- Travis R. Chance (designer of Heroes Wanted, Scoundrel Society, and Infamy)
Enjoy this audio review of Fantasy Fantasy Baseball by The Spiel:
Jason Kotarski chats with designer and podcaster Daryl Andrews about Fantasy Fantasy Baseball and his favorite filler games on The 20 Minute of Filler Podcast:
Fantasy Fantasy Baseball was also featured on Casual Game Revolution. Click the logo to check it out.
Also, check out these stories and reviews:
NOTE: Stay tuned for regular updates as we unveil the awesome character art from Rob Lundy. We think you'll really enjoy them. Here are the first few...
Want to try FFB right now? The 2-3 player version is available for print and play... get out your scissors.
Click to read the latest version of the rules.
Here is Bearded Meeple with a review and demonstration of Fantasy Fantasy Baseball, enjoy!
PLEDGE LEVEL 1: GO FFB GO! $1 USD
Support the campaign, just because you think Fantasy Fantasy Baseball is cool. We will update you on all the latest news, images and videos.
PLEDGE LEVEL 2: STEE-RIKE! $19 USD
One (1) copy of Fantasy Fantasy Baseball with all the stretch goals.
US/CAN: $8.00, REST OF WORLD: $20.00
PLEDGE LEVEL 3: TURN TWO $35 USD
Two (2) copies of Fantasy Fantasy Baseball with all the stretch goals. One for you and one for a friend (or one to play and one to keep as a collectible MIB).
US/CAN: $12.00, REST OF WORLD: $25.00
PLEDGE LEVEL 4: FULL COLLECTION $50 USD
The whole collection of three (3) games in the Fantasy Fantasy Sports series - Baseball, Football and Hockey, PLUS a bonus 4th game ($25 SRP value).
That's right, guaranteed 4 games for $50.
Individual games will be shipped 6-8 months apart starting May 2016. Shipping prices based on shipping each individual game.
- Fantasy Fantasy Baseball - ship May 2016
+ all stretch goals
- You will also receive a free mystery BONUS GAME ($25 SRP value) shipped with your copy of Fantasy Fantasy Baseball
- Fantasy Fantasy Football - ship Nov. 2016
+ all stretch goals
- Fantasy Fantasy Hockey (NHL licensed) - ship May 2017
+ all stretch goals
That's 4 games for $50. Total value of this pledge $100+ (SRP).
If baseball is not your number one sport, here is a chance for you to pick up football and hockey at a great price and have a built-in gift for the baseball fan in your life.
NOTE: If we reach the $50,000 mark, the FULL COLLECTION will also include a 5th game Fantasy Fantasy Soccer (European Football) FREE OF CHARGE! It will ship with Hockey in May 2017.
US/CAN: $30, REST OF WORLD: $55
PLEDGE LEVEL 5: BASEBALL 12-PACK $165 USD
One case (12 copies) of Fantasy Fantasy Baseball with all stretch goals. Buy copies for your store or get a deal for you and your friends.
US/CAN: $30, REST OF WORLD: $60
PLEDGE LEVEL 6: HOME RUN $275 USD (limited to 10 copies)
One super-special edition of Fantasy Fantasy Baseball includes:Super-special edition package of Fantasy Fantasy Baseball includes:
3. One (1) copy of Fantasy Fantasy Hockey with all the stretch goals.
4. A second copy of FFB with:
- Gold foil stamping on all character cards
- Two professionally-graded Character cards
- Specially designed game tray, by Noah Adelman from Game Trayz
- Special collectors binder
- Exclusive playmat
- Special autographed card signed by the designers and artist
- Packaged in an amazing wooden box (images coming soon)
This pledge level will continue to grow as the campaign moves forward. Jump on it early.
US/CAN: $25, REST OF WORLD: $50
Have an idea for a cool stretch goal? Let us know in the comments section.
Check out this story on Canadian Baseball Network to learn about the history and inspiration for Fantasy Fantasy Baseball.
Also, you can watch an episode of the Smart Backers podcast with designers Daryl Andrews and J.R. Honeycutt along with Fabio from CSE Games. The guys talk a little bit about how the concept came about and how it has progressed.
Show your support by:
- Sharing the campaign with friends on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Like the FFB Facebook page
- Like the CSE Games Facebook page
- Thumbs up to the FFB BoardGameGeek page
- Comment on the campaign
- Using one of these free social media avatars on your personal profiles. Please help us encourage others to support this Kickstarter!
About co-designer Daryl Andrews:
A member of the Game Artisans of Canada, Daryl is a lifelong baseball fan with two published games to his credit (The Walled City and Caffeine Rush) and several others scheduled for release in the next two years. Daryl is also the co-host of the Meeple Syrup Show (meeplesyrupshow.com), a video podcast of designers discussing design.
Have a listen to Daryl on the Just Barely Sports podcast talking about Fantasy Fantasy Baseball in March of 2015.
Follow Daryl on Twitter.
About co-designer J.R. Honeycutt:
Born and raised in Fort Worth, TX, J.R. has four published games to his credit with several more scheduled for release in 2016-17. J.R. is also a season-ticket holder of the Texas Rangers and the host of The Nerd Nighters (dfwnn.org), a video podcast and community of gamers helping others.
Follow J.R. on Twitter.
About artist Rob Lundy
Rob Lundy is an illustrator and graphic designer from Ottawa, Ontario. Formerly an animator, he moved into freelance board game illustration after the success of his first project Dungeon Roll, produced by TMG. Since that time his illustrations have seen publication from various companies. Rob specializes in fantasy illustration but has done work in the sci-fi realm. He streams his work live daily online at twitch.tv/moltenink where he extends his love for teaching art to anyone willing to learn.
Risks and challenges
We are confident that we have developed a clever, unique, well-designed, well-made and (most of all) entertaining game for you with beautiful art. A lot of time, play-testing, and more play-testing has gone into this project.
We have been developing and publishing board and card games since 2004 and will be working with experienced game manufacturers in which we have a long and strong history with.
CSE Games is an official licensee of the National Hockey League and the Collegiate Licensing Company. All of our product are safety tested and conform to the standards of ASTM F963. In addition, all of our manufacturing partners are registered with the Fair Labor Association (http://www.fairlabor.org).
We have sold to many retailers across North America. On-time delivery is critical to us. We have estimated a delivery date of May 2016.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (28 days)