Joystickbike : 1st electric bike driven with a Joystick
Joystickbike : 1st electric bike driven with a Joystick
Made in Switzerland, Joystickbike e-bike provides exceptional sensations, has enough autonomy to go to work, and moves you quickly.
Made in Switzerland, Joystickbike e-bike provides exceptional sensations, has enough autonomy to go to work, and moves you quickly. Read more
Dear Friends, Backers and soon to be “Joystickbikers”,
We are happy and proud to welcome you on this short presentation and hope that you’ll have as much fun reading it as we have putting together the Joystickbike project.
Joystickbike was invented in Switzerland by Yvan Forclaz.
For years, Yvan had been dreaming of combining the sensations of an airplane pilot and those of riding a motorcycle.
He then set out to build the vehicle of his dreams. In 2014, after hundreds of hours of work and thanks to many used parts, the first Joystickbike was born. This is the world’s first (two wheels) electric bicycle (e-bike) with a joystick replacing the handlebars.
Patented at the end of the year and presented at the International Exhibition of Inventions Geneva in 2015, Joystickbike makes a strong impression.
Since then everything has accelerated : press coverage around the world, trade shows and many requests from a potential market to get a Joystickbike. The plans were made public and several joystickbikes have been created around the world.
The federation Joystickbike was created in 2015, an association that aims to help its members to share and develop all forms of this new discipline. It will gather more and more partners who will contribute to the improvement of Joystickbike. This combination of skills and work has led to a high quality, marketable, and secure version.
Finally in 2017, following more and more requests to buy a Joystickbike, Yvan Forclaz and his partners decided to launch a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds to launch a production line. And here we are !
Dear Friends and Backers,
We need you for this last stepping stone, the launch of this adventure in which we put all our work and passion. We thank you in advance for your pledges that will make the Joystickbike a reality.
Yvan Forclaz and the JoystickBike Lab team.
The Joystikbike experience
The experience with a Joystickbike is outstanding and completely different than other e-bikes.
You drive it with a joystick, making you a pilot. You feel incredible gliding, fun and exciting sensations.
Imagine the feeling of driving a fighter jet with 2 wheels. Half a plane, half a motocycle.
Something you have never experienced before.
We are not the only ones to say it. Here are some reviews from the press:
- "An insane machine everyone wants to ride" - Freeze Lists
- "A real-life computer game" - Outrageous Act of science
- "A more fun and engaging form of cycling" - Motorbikewriter.com
- "An incredible gliding and fun sensations" - LeNouvelliste
- "A revolutionary driving experience" - Le Matin
- "Every video game enthusiasts' dream" - Touring
Ready to experience something totally new ? Join the Joystikebike community and support us on Kickstarter, we will never match such prices in the future.
Joystickbike is an assembly of 3 kits : motorisation kit, frame & steering kit and technical kit. Let's see the details.
Kit motorisation (250 - 1000 Watts)
We opted to provide you with a complete and compatible 48v electric KIT for various frame models. All components come with assembly screws, identifiable connections and adjusted cable lengths. The electronic elements are regulated basic for the use of the vehicle in standards bicycle with "electric assistance" and 250w/25km / h and engagement by rotation of the pedals to be in conformity with the legislation of your country. (possibility to increase the power up to 1000W for use in private area). The autonomy is 15 to 60 km depending on the power used. By our preparation the kit is simple to assemble while remaining compatible for additional options.
- 1 Battery 48v 10amp. removable with: USB output - key closure - support - led charging - on / off
- 1 battery charger 220v 2a (4 to 5 hours for full loads)
- 1 step system trigger motor by the pedals
- 1 controller 48v 250w -1000w (According to territorial legislation or private use)
- 1 throttle grip
- 1 wheel 26 'motorized rear 48v 250w-1000w (cassette, tires and disc in kit spare parts)
- 1 Joystick LOGITECH PRO with direct control for the management and LCD control
- 1 LCD screen control, power, speed, distance, autonomy.
Kit Frame - Steering - Seat
- Reinforced wheel axle rear support for motorization up to 1000W
- Schimano rear disc brake clamp holder from 160 to 230 mm
- standard rear wheel center distance 137 mm
- Welded steel frame with laser cutouts
- Termination finish
- Dimensions 200 x 35
- Total weight 25 kg
- Stearing system with fixing provided for 20 "hanging front fork
- A Logitech Pro joystick
- A fiber seat
Kit technical pieces
- two chains (264 links needed)
- an 8-speed rear cassette (11-32 teeth)
- ACERA rear derailleur 8 speeds
- 8-speed rotary handle selector
- a set of chain guide sprockets
- a SCHWALBE BIG APPLE PLUS rear tire 26 "X2.50 + air chamber (model FAT 26" X4.00)
- a front tire SHWALBE BIG APPLE PLUS 20 "x2.50 + air chamber (model FAT 20" 4.00)
- 20 "front wheel with brake disk hub (or FAT model)
- Classic front telescopic fork (or FAT model)
- two sets of hydraulic SHIMANO brakes
- two SHIMANO brake discs
- a security flag
- a crutch
- a rear-view mirror
- two adjustable brackets
- two sets of stem bearings
- 170 mm crankset
- a pedal bearing
- a pair of wide pedals
Risks and challenges
Our team is fully committed to making JoystickBike the best it can be.
Joystickbikelab has already assumed the manufacture and delivery of the new product in the USA. Sourcing is partly done in China and partly locally in Switzerland and France.
The risk of manufacturing is controlled, the plans that were used to develop the different prototypes are existing and updated. The main risk is shippment and delivery time.
The technical challenges were lifted, that is to say that the delivered vehicles passed the conductivity tests. If the first prototypes tended to be unstable, this problem was solved.
The biggest challenge right now is the conditioning of the vehicle so that it can be delivered anywhere in the world in a standard packaging mode. For this, we must be able to fold the frame to gain space. The joystickbikes will then be sent in a standard format of 60x60x40.
JoystickBike, like everything else on Kickstarter, is a work in progress. We believe in transparency and communication, so our backers will be the first to know about any unplanned hurdles or delays.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)