This Just In….
Heroic Journey Productions is proud to bring to you the Return of This Just In, from Gen Con, a daily podcast from the floors of the Gen Con convention floor.
The plan for this crowd funding campaign is to help us get This Just In... back. We need to jumpstart our ability to send the Host Mario Dongu and one engineer to the show to bring you the best 5 days of Gaming as if you were there with us.
This is a show built for you and by you. Our plans can only be accomplished with your help.
What We Need & What You Get
- The basic funding is to get our team to Gen Con.
- Primarily these funds will be to fund the trip. We have the basic equipment and web set up already we just need the ability to pay for the travel to and from the show as well as hotel stay plus a small per diem for food each day.
- We have stuff, from T-Shirts for the Con, planned meet and greet with the host. Also if you are a exhibitor or are running an event you can get time to promote your awesome new game or awesome old game and let listeners know exactly where to find you.
- The plan with This Just In... is to make it to Gen Con this year. After Gen Con our plan is to continue This Just In.. as a podcast that runs throughout the year. This plan will begin this year in a few months as we launch our Pre Show in July.
- This Just In… was a mainstay and it needs to be again. Everyone should get to experience Gen Con every year and for those who can’t we plan on bringing them the show from on the spot “Live” walkthroughs of the convention floor, interviews with designers and reactions to new releases, plus a surprise or two. Our goal is to give the con experience to anyone unable to join us at the show.
- Make it real for people and build trust.
Other Ways You Can Help
We realize not everyone will want this kick ass T-Shirt or have something they need to promote. That’s cool this show is still for you, but if you want to help us in other ways that would be awesome as well.
TOP 7 THINGS TO SUPPORT “This Just In…” that doesn’t include Money:
- Subscribe to our Blog & Show
- Listen to the show
- Share the show with your friends
- Tweet about the show
- Participate in show questions
- Email the hosts and production staff that you like the show
- Join the TJI Army
Meet The Host
Mario Dongu is a Podcasting veteran.
- Been gaming since the age of 9 when I was introduce to the D&D “red box”
- Avid geek & gamer, with an extensive collection of rpgs, board & card games, comics, video games, and movies.
- Produced and hosted Geek Corps Radio and The Game Master Show
- Guest stared in several podcasts
- Play-tested RPGs (Dresden Files RPG and others)
- Acted/performed in over 30 stage productions.
- Currently starring in the web series “Gamer Chick”
- Done behind the scenes photography for several web series & shorts
- This Gen Con will make my 11th time attending the best 4 days in gaming
Add $15 for each additional T-SHIRT
Add $50 for additional 30 secondspots.GEN CON, the Gen Con logo, and “The Best Four Days in Gaming!” are trademarks of Gen Con LLC. All rights reserved. Used under authorization.
Risks and challenges
This is a project that will be done. We just need your help getting to the show this year. Right now that is the biggest hurdle. Once we get the brand re-launched, we feel it has staying power. We have the recording equipment and have the editing equipment, we have the webspace as well as the delivery architecture in place, we just need your support to get us there this year.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (34 days)