About this project
- Check out the Games Designer's Blog
Hello and welcome to Dungeon Saga as it heads into its last week on Kickstarter!
Thank you for stopping by and supporting Dungeon Saga - your help will allow us to create an awesome dungeon adventure board game and help bring it to clubs and stores next year!
To help you out with a pledge, we've put together this handy little guide:
To get all of the great game experience, including everything you need to play plus a great selection of stretch goals, bonus extras and goodies, we recommend a pledge of Dungeon Master!
In return for pledging your support and helping to make this a reality, we are offering one great-value-for-money pledge level. With further funding, we hope to unlock many more FREE extras in your pledge level too.
Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest is the dungeon adventure board game for 1-5 players, ages 13 and up, written by Jake Thornton and produced by Mantic Games.
Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King's Quest Prototype
Set in the Dwarfen Hold of Dolgarth, one player will take on the role of Mortibris and command the Undead in a battle against mighty heroes. These adventurers can be split between up to 4 players, or led by just one. You’ll use the simple rules to play through the game’s exciting scenarios, before eventually facing off against the Necromancer in a final showdown!
Once you've played through the story, pick up and play with the Adventurer's Companion - a tome of Advanced Rules that introduces elements of classic roleplaying to your adventures!
The game is designed for both beginners, who are exploring their first dungeon, all the way up to veteran adventurers with many quests completed.
All figures supplied unpainted, painted examples for reference only. No assembly required.
Watch how to play the Dungeon Saga: Alpha Core Rules
- 1-5 Players: Battle against an opponent or band together with your family or local club members and fight the forces of darkness together!
- Solo play and Fully Co-op: Play against the game or team up with the kids to take on an A.I. controlled dungeon - or assume the role of the Necromancer and crush the heroes!
- Ready-to-play right out of the box: Coloured plastic miniatures like you would find in Mars Attacks - The Miniatures Game or the Gears of War Board Game come ready-built so that you can get gaming straight away. All of the stats and rules you need to play are immediately available on simple character mats and the deck of equipment cards.
- Modular Dungeon: Quest through Dolgarth in awesome detail using the full colour, gridded dungeon tiles. There is also dungeon furniture such as chests where you can acquire magical potions, scrolls and more. Follow our simple maps or create your own!
- Innovative Dice-Driven Fun: Fight through swathes of Zombies or control the necromatic powers of Mortibris and empower your minions to victory, combat and magic is based on a very simple system that uses six-sided dice. Enhance your game and wield magical items, cast powerful spells and perform incredible heroic feats as you combat the magic of the Necromancer and their deadly Dungeon Master deck.
- Narrative Driven Scenarios: From the first few missions where you'll learn the basic mechanics to the game, to sprawling dungeons overrun with regenerating Undead, the game's narrative-heavy scenarios gradually get harder as you progress, introducing new rules and powerful enemies, increasing the challenge and the fun for veterans of the genre or players new to gaming!
- The Adventure Grows!: Want to take your game further? Use the Advanced Rules to build your own epic Dungeon Saga! No quest need ever be the same.
Just some of the different examples of the tiles you will get. Each modular dungeon tile is made of durable thick card to withstand the rigors of gaming and the fury of battle.
Add-ons are extras you can pledge for in addition to a pledge level to really sweeten the deal!
Pledging and selecting Optional Add-ons
To get an Optional Add-on, click “Manage my Pledge” in the top right corner of the Kickstarter page and input the total value of everything you want. For example, if you’re at Dungeon Master ($100) and want the Infernal Crypts expansion set, you would enter $125 as your total pledge.
When the campaign has finished, we will send you access to a shiny automated PledgeManager. On here you will input your choices and let us know what you would like for your pledge.
Board Game Figures
Kings of War Figure Packs
Dwarf King's Hold Classic Figure Packs
Standard shipping to UK and US backers is free over $25. Please add $5 for shipping if you are spending under $25.
If you would like to back this project and are based in the EU, please add $10 to your pledge total.
If you would like to back this project and are based in Canada, please add $15 to your pledge total.
If you would like to back this project and are based in the rest of the world, including Australia, please add $25 to your pledge total.
All backers have the option of tracked courier shipping. This costs $15 on top of any shipping costs above. Therefore, to have their shipment sent by tracked courier, a US backer would pay $15, and a Spanish backer would pay a total of $25.
Courier shipping is mandatory for all backers from Africa or South America, so you must add a total of $40 for shipping if you live in one of these continents.
Risks and challenges
Delivering a Kickstarter is the hardest part of the project. We’ve successfully delivered three Kickstarters, as well as more than half of our Deadzone Kickstarter. The remainder started shipping at the end of July.
Furthermore, our fifth Kickstarter - Mars Attacks The Miniatures Game - is developing very well and will begin shipping on schedule in Q3 later this year.
Mantic has experience in sculpting, tooling and delivering Kickstarters – something that can be very difficult to get right. Models being too big to fit on tools and overspending is a challenge, but with careful management we’ve experience in handling that.
The other challenge is delays from the manufacturer – something that has meant we’ve gone down to the wire on a number of occasions with sculpting deadlines and delivery to our warehouse. We’ve deliberately added a couple of extra months to our shipping date to cater for this, meaning we can work on checking the quality of everything that comes through.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (27 days)