About this project
CURRENT GOAL: $590,000 - Phantasm, Ada-Lorena MPV
Hello and welcome to the DreadBall Kickstarter as it heads into its final days!
Thank you for stopping by and supporting DreadBall – your support is helping bring this game to gaming clubs and local hobby stores this Christmas – and because of your incredible support it is more awesome than we could have imagined.
To help you out with a pledge, we've put together this handy little guide:
To get all of the great game experience, including everything you need to play plus a great selection of stretch goals, bonus extras and goodies, we recommend a pledge of Rampage!
DreadBall Xtreme is the underground sports game of the future and the follow-up to the hit board game DreadBall – The Futuristic Sports Game.
Are you ready for an all-new ball game?
Please note that products are fully compatible with original DreadBall.
Once you've got your recommended pledge, we've got a great range of fantastic value add-ons that you can pick to expand your game!
Want to know more about DreadBall?
In DreadBall Xtreme, two teams battle it out on the pitch to outscore each other, with all new twists:
- No Referee = More Violence for Everyone: with no one to stop the bloodshed, anything goes! Sucker punches and stomps are the norm, and the introduction of explosive collars, deadly traps and bloodsucking aliens only increase the level of violence.
- Customize your Battlefield: games are organized in prisons and warehouses at a moment’s notice, using industrial scenery to shake things up - everywhere from the scoring zone to the ball launch location can change!
- Play as Enigmatic Sponsors: the powerful organizers behind the game, Sponsors dictate your play-style and are experts in intimidation, blackmail and illegal gambling. Best of all, Sponsors allow you to build entirely unique teams out of any player combination you like!
DreadBall Xtreme Boxed Game
This self-contained box game contains all you need to play DreadBall Xtreme, including two fantastic teams and a deluxe rubber-backed full-color pitch. There is even a set of Free Agents that you can include in your team, two Sponsor models and amazing plastic scenery!
* All miniatures in the box come pre-assembled
Xtreme Expansion Sets
Taking DreadBall Xtreme to the next level is the Xpansion Set, that includes:
- Build your own team! The box includes 4 Sponsor miniatures plus all the rules you need to build your own custom team using players from any team!
- DreadBall Player Manual - All the rules you need to play Xtreme with the 12 existing DreadBall teams, 8 Xtreme team PLUS 4 new Sponsor Models with new unique playstyles.
- Multi-tile Customisable Pitch - meaning you can create your own unique designs or play in some of the exciting layouts that we've created.
- Multiplayer rules, Giant players and more!
Standard shipping to UK and US backers is free.
If you would like to back this project and are based in the EU, please add $10 to your pledge total.
If you would like to back this project and are based in Canada, please add $15 to your pledge total.
If you would like to back this project and are based in the rest of the world, including Australia, please add $25 to your pledge total.
All backers have the option of tracked courier shipping. This costs $15 on top of any shipping costs above. Therefore, to have their shipment sent by tracked courier, a US backer would pay $15, and a Spanish backer would pay a total of $25.
Note that courier shipping is already included in the FRENZY pledge level, but you will still need to pay the shipping amount listed above depending on your location.
Courier shipping is mandatory for all backers from Africa or South America, so you must add a total of $40 for shipping if you live in one of these continents.
Risks and challenges
Delivering a Kickstarter is the hardest part of the project. We’ve successfully delivered three Kickstarters, as well as more than half of our Deadzone Kickstarter, with the remainder shipping as planned in June.
Furthermore, our fifth Kickstarter - Mars Attacks The Miniatures Game - is developing very well and will begin shipping on schedule in Q3 later this year. Check out the Kickstarter page for all of the latest updates.
Mantic has experience in sculpting, tooling and delivering Kickstarters – something that can be very difficult to get right. Models being too big to fit on tools and overspending is a challenge, but with careful management we’ve experience in handling that.
The other challenge is delays from the manufacturer – something that has meant we’ve gone down to the wire on a number of occasions with sculpting deadlines and delivery to our warehouse. We’ve deliberately added a couple of extra months to our shipping date to cater for this, meaning we can work on checking the quality of everything that comes through.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (23 days)