Gettysburg: Shall I advance? -Limited Edition
The Union desperately fights to stop Robert E Lee in this tense board game on the pivotal battle of the Civil War at Gettysburg.
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Sun, October 21 2018 9:00 PM UTC +00:00.
Before Pickett’s disastrous charge, he turned to Longstreet and asked, “General, shall I advance?” Longstreet looked away.
Pickett asked again, “General, shall I advance?” Longstreet, unable to speak, bowed his head with a nod. In the next 30 minutes, the Confederates lost nearly 9,000 men.
“So real, you can almost smell the smoke.”
"Like real command, without the mud.”
“This is the most realistic and authentic game on Gettysburg I’ve ever seen.”
“This Gettysburg actually feels and plays like what I read about in history books.”
Patterned and modeled on Kriegsspiel, this game is unprecedented in accuracy and realism in its portrayal of command.
- Units realistically sprawl out in road column, resulting in delays, snaking and traffic snarls.
- Baggage Trains add to the traffic and congestion problems. They have to be protected but also need to be kept close to the action to properly supply the troops.
- Realistic, chaotic move sequence. Your troops don’t move when you want them to. You don’t know when exactly when your troops or the enemy will move. As the commander, you can only try to speed them up or slow them down. If that fails, you have to react quickly with contingency planning.
- Chaotic move sequence also results in massive re-playability. You will never see a game open and develop the same way twice. However the timing works out, you must adapt to the situation at hand.
- Realistic Fog of War: blocks hide exact unit strength and type. You can also hide your reserves off board. This forces players to realistically screen and probe. You can never be certain as to how close you are to breaking the enemy. Are they out of reserves or can they still reinforce their line? Where are they strong? Are they massing for a counter attack?
- The detailed narrative generated by the tense game play makes for great solitaire games.
- Combat and movement models are based on accurate, military, combat data from the period: Kriegsspiel.
- Optional rules for multiplayer team play.
- Optional written orders are both fun, easy to implement and very realistic. These are great to use with multiplayer teams. They also greatly enhance solitaire games.
- Sophisticated and deep strategy. There are tons of decisions to make every turn. Every one of them must be weighed against possible advantages / disadvantages to you and the enemy. Players must consider how the timing of moves will impact other commands and the enemy.
- East Cavalry Field
- Stonewall Jackson What-If Bonus pieces and Scenario
- Kriegsspiel style hardwood blocks and authentic canvas map: like real commanders of the day used.
- Expanded map covers the surrounding area, allowing you more freedom to explore alternate strategies and maneuvers.
Playing Time: 60-90 min per battle day.
Age: 12+ Choking Hazard
Note: Our games ship in plastic, map storage tubes, NOT regular game boxes. They are water tight, air tight, shelf wear resistant and keep the maps from being folded.
- Map, 24″ x 24″
- New Updated Rules
- Scenario rules with OB, Setups and Reinforcement Schedules
- Dice: 3 blue, 3 red, 1 black for tracking turns
Some Assembly Required
-you will need to apply stickers
Limited Edition Upgrades:
- Hardwood Kriegsspiel style blocks
- Real premium quality canvas map
- Wooden Measuring Sticks with custom stickers. -We are still deciding on these. Right now we are leaning towards replacing the standard "Pub Battles" sticker with "Potomac" and "Northern Virginia". You can pick which one you want to use.
- Rules hand signed by designer
This Kickstarter is very limited and should move very fast. Move quick if you want this!
We hope to start shipping within a month. We want to keep this project simple and fast. We are not going to offer bundles as that greatly complicates and slows down the shipping process.
We have already included the stretch goal extras into the project.
Note -Possible Changes
Also, we are still making a few minor tweaks to the map and graphics. We may adjust things like font size, contrast, shading, etc before final print. We are also adjusting the total piece count a little. We are trying to anticipate the total number of Road Columns needed.
Risks and challenges
We have all the production worked out on this series now. Everything is running smoothly. Our biggest challenge now is a possible slight delay in production while waiting for supplies to arrive.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- All gone!