I am in contact with and have verified interest with James Niehues. If you've looked at a Ski Trail Map you've seen his work. The work we are commissioning would be a ski-trail map styled illustration of Tuckerman Ravine including the parking at Pinkham Notch, up through HoJo's and the Ravine and surrounding topology. The completed work will have no words or run-names on it.
Funding will be used for the artist's commission, printing the 16"x20" prints, and funding a flight to film ravine (per artist's specifications.)
M@'s involvement in the project includes:
- Originating the idea
- Gauging interest on the TimeForTuckerman.com forum (I have moderated there for 10+ yrs)
- Procuring a pilot to document the ravine per Jim's direction
- Manning the camera during the documentation flight
- Drumming up enough initial interest in the project to ensure it WILL get funded.
- Setting up the KickStarter campaign
- Working with other enthusiasts to determine the best rewards and determine the desired print size
Any additional monies will be donated to the Mt. Washington Avalanche center
Risks and challenges
Mr. Niehaus time to complete the work may influence delivery time of the signed prints.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (60 days)