Hello dear Backers,
Like every month, I come to keep you informed of the progress and development of Color Quest.
This month of May has been quite busy regarding planning with the briefing and direction of various interlocutors: sculptors, illustrators, manufacturers, etc.
As you will see below, most of different productions has been launched and development is progressing well.
First of all, I still miss half of your surveys. I remind you that these are necessary to retrieve the delivery information (among other informations).
So, thank you to download this survey and to send it back to me at the following address : fluocraft[at]gmail.com
The carving work with Christophe Bauer continues. Christophe has finished his first realisation : The Wooden Skeleton !
This is our first collaboration and we can say that things are starting very well !
Christophe has also began Koloss carving :
It should take several weeks to reach the expected result. More pictures in the next logbook at the end of June!
Kevin de Castro has completed all sketches for vials that will be used for items cards:
He is currently working on the coloring of these flasks and then will begin the realization of illustrations of game tiles.
At the same time, I decided to call a new illustrator : Mariana Gomez that will support Kevin regarding illustation of the board map.
Mariana is a talented matte painter from Canada. She was introduced to me by Thomas (Zebouchon) who is currently working with me on the realization of the dedicated illustration.
The aim goal here is to guarantee the deadlines and an optimal level of rendering for each graphic element.
I still continue to work on the development of the game in parallel with the organization of the manufacture and monitoring of artists.
This month, I focused on teams (clans) creation system You can take a look on how it will work below :
Your clan will be constitued of one Hero (3pts) and will be reinforced by two Champion maximum (2pts each) and one to five units (1 pt each). For a total of 8 points (pts) to make a classic team.
Here is how the characters are divided :
- Hero : Oak and Chosen One
- Champion(s) : Followers and Domesticated Koloss
- Unit(s) : Khromaz
- Hero : Ronin
- Champion(s) : Doomed Followers and Savage Koloss
- Unit(s) : Wooden Skeletons
Note : example (C) will not be accessible for Kaos armies with season 1 content (excepted if you add few Skeletons). This situation will be solve next season with incoming models.
- Heroes always start the game at level 1
- The game starts without any invocation in game
- Some characters will be subject to overcrowding (several slots needed)
- Some specificities will be inherent in each class.
Of course, classes will be reinforced by new entries as the seasons go by.
Potions (items cards) will be accessible with "treasure chest" tiles distributed on the map. Here are their effects:
- Strength : targeted character can perform an extra attack this turn
- Mana : targeted wizard can perform an extra power this turn
- Celerity : targeted character can perform an extra move this turn
- Dexterity : targeted dice result can be relaunched
- Invisibility : targeted character cannot be target of an attack or a power until next turn
- Polymorphy : targeted Khromaz must change his caste by another
Note : these capacities can evolve according to incoming game tests.
Regarding miniatures, all 25 firsts masters (including Wooden Skeletons) has been sent to GRX Créations for production.
The delivery of these miniatures is scheduled for mid-July.
Note: the Koloss production is scheduled for early september.
Regarding color dices, they had been delivered last week:
Regarding printing, all calibrations were carried out with our print worker. A great thanks to Frédéric Valot for his advices !
Production will be make in three steps :
- mid-june : printing of A4 dedicated illustrations (SG1) on a parchment paper
- end of july : printing of game boxes, cards, tiles and board parts for Color Quest
- mid-september : printing of rules books
This distribution is optimal for the quality of the prints and the realization of the different elements.
It remains to plan plastics tokens manufacturing. I am currently working on it with the manufacturer.
In order to raise more funds for the development of season 2, I will propose 10 "All-in" bundles until september.
There will be no way to customize these limited pledges. They will be composed of the following elements : Color Quest game set + Khromaz add-on + Girlz Blast add-on + 2 Koloss for 269€, shipping cost included.
Payment will be made by Paypal.
The price is the same than during the campaign and quantities will be limited to 10 bundles that corresponds to Early Birds not taken during the campaign. Of course, these bundles will include Stretch Goals.
Important : shipping for these late pledges are scheduled for november (not october).
If you are interested by one of these late pledge, you can send me an email at the following address : fluocraft[at]gmail.com
What do we know about Color Quest season 2 ?
- It will take place between November 2017 and February 2018 (depending on late pledges success)
- Backers from season 1 that will join season 2 will receive an exclusive miniature for free with their season 2 parcel
- Valentin Zak will sculpt at least two models for this new season
- Ronin camp will receive massive reinforts
Link to previous Logbooks
I hope you will enjoy the game development and news.
Have a nice day,