Аbout Voice of Steel:
- A fighting simulator game, based on physics
- The ability to create your own strikes
- The ability to create a unique fighter
- A hybrid control system, including a voice command system
- Cross-platform multiplayer
- No Subscriptions
- No Pay to Win
- No microtransactions. Buy once, play forever
This is an online physics-based robot fight simulator, where you create movements and strikes for your robot. The robot consists of 16 different modules. Your role is to be the operator, the coach, the manager, and the mechanic of all your robot-fighters.
- Movement freedom! Each player can create any movement or strike and use it in a battle. That gives everyone the opportunity to create his own fighter with a unique fighting style. After all, "the frog strike" or "double strike to the head" at a special angle can give a great advantage when your opponent does not expect this.
- Create your own fighter! Each robot consists of 16 items, which each carry different characteristics. Now more than 100,000 combinations of robot assembly are available, without taking into account colors. This allows the player to create both internally and externally, a completely unique fighter!
- Maximum control! The game has a traditional keyboard and gamepad control, and we developed a unique voice control system that will allow you to manage your fighter by voice, because remembering and saying the name of the hit that you came up with is easier than finding the needed buttons among dozens of options.
- Real physical system! We have developed a unique physical system that allows you to animate the robot, and create movements and strikes for them. It also determines the outcome of the battle as well. The skeleton of the robot has more than 2000 connections; as it simulates rigid structures, joints, tendons and muscles. No ragdolls!
- The collision system runs in full accordance with physics. During the rendering of a strike, a reality-based model is used. It takes into account the mass and the velocity of each collision from head to toe. A properly delivered blow is the key to victory! Adaptive algorithms are used to simulate both the robots and the environment without any appreciable loss of performance. The physics frequency is 60 ticks per second without FPS failures. All this is possible at the stage of tech-demo! Do not worry about the fact that the game might not work with a slow computer - our approach is to simulate the battle on the server side, which also largely eliminates cheating.
- Strike variability! You can create your own strikes, and what is more you can vary them in a fight. Any strike can be modified by crouch stands and lunges that can change the momentum of a fight radically. As you understand, the lunge, made in correct time, adds speed to your stroke. Therefore, it can save you or take down your rival.
2067. People live in a world where robots are widespread in all spheres of life from housekeeping to labor at the factory. People don’t even fight themselves, they use robots. Cyber sport has replaced other sports and young fighters come to the ring to prove themselves. GlobalTech Corporation, the leader in modular robot production, announces an annual robot fight tournament. The prize fund is $100 million. Everyone wants to win the jackpot and the participants are even ready to cross the line. But time will show who is the best robot-fighter…
About the league structure
Official and non-official arena description There are two types of leagues in the game – official and non-official. You can choose either one you like. In the official leagues all the fights are by the rules, where a gamer gets money and glory for a fight he has won. He can become a champion step by step.
The Non-official league is different. There are no rules and money is not important – only the construction of your robot is important. Power rules there – if you lose the fight, you lose everything. Every league consists of 16 subclasses, which depend on your game skills. In the game you will also find a system of clubs and fights between clubs, where gamers can train with each other and create official fights between clubs.
- Game copy – you will get a digital copy of a game and the key in the Steam on the day the game will be released.
- Tournament invitation – especially for the backers, a unique tournament will be organized and you will be one of participants. Exclusive rewards are waiting for you.
- Beta key – closed beta test access (January 2016).
- Forum access – a special forum for the backers will be created, where you can communicate directly with game developers – offer your ideas, write your wishes and give feedback. Everything will be read and realized in the game later.
- Manual – a digital instruction for the full understanding of the fight mechanics and physics, which will give you the vision of how to create your perfect champion.
- Wallpapers pack
- Your name in the titles – you will be mentioned as a person who helped the project.
- Kickstarter starter pack – an excellent pack for a more comfortable start, including the robot details packs, the packs for repair and styling of your fighter and the packs for your training base extension.
- Alpha Key - closed alpha test access (November 2015).
- Art book – pdf book with sketches, drawings and materials regarding the game from the vey beginning.
- Soundtracks – digital soundtracks from the game
- Premium Kickstarter status – lifetime status, which gives special possibilities and benefits. It gives you a 20% discount in all game stores (for in-game currency). Every month you will get several random packs of boosters and improvements. The best manager (game personage) for you will be provided, who will organize the most beneficial fights for your robot.
- Special robot – when the game is released you get one of three unique Kickstarter fighters (1 of 3).
- Home arena – when the game is released you get a unique maximally packaged home Kickstarter arena for your fighter training.
- Quest personage – one of the NPC in the quest line of a game will be created from your photo (our specialist will work with you) .
- Exclusive fighter – an exclusive robot will be created for you (our specialist will work with you; and a robot will be created from your ideas and sketches).
- Exclusive training arena – an exclusive training arena will be created for you (our specialist will work with you; and an arena will be created from your ideas and sketches).
- Seasonal tournament – a seasonal tournament will be organized in your honor (winter/spring/summer/fall). A special fight arena will be created from your ideas (our specialist will work with you; and an arena will be created from your ideas and sketches).
The game developer team is a part of Point Cloud Studio, where every member is a highly qualified and enthusiastic expert in his field.
Point Cloud Studio started its work in 2007, and they have worked on various projects that allowed them to get the necessary experience to be ready for this one. They noticed that the fighting game industry was in a crisis, as the games have become boring and there seemed to be no development trends. Being true fans of fighting games, the team has come up with their own project - Voice of Steel - which promises to become a real breakthrough in the online games industry.
We need your support
Everything you could see above are the materials from the game advanced tech-demo, there is no CG. Everything was developed by a small team of 5 people for ten months.
We have passed Steam Greenlight in seven days, where we got a good experience and the vision of the further game development.
You, as backers, have a unique ability to influence the future game. Your money is your voices and assets, which will help us to make the game better! After the Kickstarter is successfully passed, you will tell the world that you want to see the new generation of fighting.
We offer you more than a chance to support the game and the genre – as the first backers you will get much more then the finished game. You will become a part of the club that will get early news about the game, early game plays and the backstage renewals. You can also influence the game from the beginning of its development.
Voice of Steel will cost $30 on the release, but we are offering it to you now for just $15.
Please, support us – tell your friends about the game and take part in the discussions. An amazing world of robot fighting is waiting for you.
Risks and challenges
We want to develop an AAA game. But depending on the level of financial support, it is possible that we will have to limit the level before the first game release. Nevertheless, the Point Cloud team will do everything so that the game will become AAA class.
We have done a lot with our low level of financial support, but we need your support. Our assets are limited. All of the materials you can see here are from the tech demo. This fully demonstrates the current level of the game.
Our guarantee for you:
- We will spend ALL the backing money for the Voice of Steel development and improvement.
- We will support communication with you. You will have access to our diaries and reports regarding the game.
- We will try to finish the game as soon as possible so you can play Voice of Steel right away.
- (37 days)