- Alice in Shroomland is an ages 18 and up, strategically thrilling deck-building game, where you and up to 3 friends, will attempt to survive an onslaught of approaching enemies in an effort to either save or destroy Shroomland! Spore Cultivation is the 1st installment and core set of the Alice in Shroomland deck-building series. Thus Alice in Shroomland: Spore Cultivation was created!
- When you first start in Shroomland, you're armed with a totally awesome Tripper's Kit. Inside the kit is everything a beginner tripper needs to get through Shroomland. Over the course of the game you'll selectively add cards from The Market to customize your Tripper's Kit to suit your play style! You'll go head-to-head in an epic battle showdown with the Magic Shroom Leader! Can you defeat him before he defeats you?
- Players who feel like preserving peace will defend Shroomland as the Sativaz. Those looking to destroy Shroomland will play as the Indicaz. Playing as the Sativaz is an easier leveled gaming experience, while playing as the Indicaz is meant for more avid gamers looking for a challenge. Shroomland comes with cooperative and competitive game modes; so whether you want to frolic through the Lush Flower Field, or duke it out with your friends in the Castle's Dank Torture Room, there's something for everybody!
WHAT COMES WITH SPORE CULTIVATION:
WHY YOU SHOULD BACK SHROOMLAND:
- You're getting a great deal! Spore Cultivation retails at $39.99 + Shipping but we're offering it to you during this Kickstarter for $29 + Shipping. Game Trippers is going to be a vendor at Crown City Con in Cortland, NY and Retro Game Con in Syracuse, NY. Since Game Trippers is already purchasing copies of Shroomland in bulk, this is your chance to get Game Tripper's bulk order discount! Do YOU want to get in on this awesome opportunity?
- You'll unlock lots of stretch goals! Because our funding goal is so low, it's not hard for us to add cool extras depending on the size of backer involvement! There's already over 90 unique pieces of artwork in Spore Cultivation, but with your help we can improve Shroomland's beautiful world, one dimension at a time!
- Shroomland is portable! How many times have you taken several games to game night only to realize what a nuisance it is to carry large boxes? Game Trippers is here to help alleviate your burden... quite literally! Bringing Shroomland to game night will be a breeze since we designed the game box to measure 3.5" x 5" x 2".
You're getting an experience, not a product! Alice was never a product to me (Nick), and selling Alice was never in the cards... (pun intended) Three years ago when I began to design Alice, I didn't have marketing in mind; I was bored playing my current games. Off to the drawing board it was! I wanted to design a whimsical game that had to be fun! But what kind of game? My friends would constantly stop the games we played to look up rules and then rules about exceptions to rules, which is why I wanted to design a game that was simple. Lastly, I needed a game that I could play over and over again, either by myself or with friends, something that was versatile! But it needed to be more than a fun, simple, and versatile game, it needed to have soul! Alice is not simply a card game with monsters and stats; Alice is a universe! Every character in Shroomland is intertwined, has a personality, and was strategically placed in the Shroomland world! Shroomland is about the senses and letting your imagination run free and this concept was kept throughout the design process from start to finish! Like the title says, you're getting an experience, not a product.
UNLOCKED - Funded Within 24 Hours: (27 Additional Cards - The Thanks for your Support Collection)
- (Hybridz) Notorious Newt x 3
- (Hybridz) Polyannish Pug x 3
- (Hybridz) Hotbox Baby Dragon x 3
- (Hybridz) Guard Card x 3
- (Hybridz) Shifty Boxwood x 3
- (Indicaz) Thieving Pixie
- (Indicaz) Relentless Dragonfly
- (Indicaz) Shroom Harbinger
- (Indicaz) Bully Frog
- (Sativaz) Peaceful Pug
- (Sativaz) Not-So-Extinct Shroomasaurus
- (Sativaz) Playful Rabbit
(Sativaz) Spirit of Chastity
- (Gear) Hemp Bone
- (Gear) Shroom Fossil
- (Gear) Cabbage Pillow
- (Gear) Chastity Belt
- (Hybridz) Baked Ant x 3
- (Hybridz) Pooping Bird x 3
- (Sativaz) Helpful Pine Brother
- (Sativaz) Helpful Maple Brother
- (Sativaz) Helpful Oak Brother
- (Gear) Pine Cone Grenade
- (Gear) Sharpened Propeller
- (Gear) Acorn Tracker
UNLOCKED - $2,000: (6 Additional Cards - The Clean Kitchen Collection)
- (Hybridz) Pesky Fly x 3
- (Hybridz) Dirty Rat x 3
UNLOCKED - $2,500: (New Ouch Artwork)
- 2 additional Ouch images will be created and added to the Ouch cards for greater art variety.
LOCKED - $3,000: (Card Dividers)
- Card Dividers will be added for faster game set-up.
LOCKED - $3,500: (Custom Meeples)
- The 8 basic wooden meeples that are included with the game will be replaced with 8 custom plastic mushroom meeples
LOCKED - $4,000: (???)
- Unlock to find out!
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT IN SHROOMLAND:
Quick and easy setup! Cards are color-coded making setup a breeze!
Mischievous mayhem! Players may end up being cursed, swap decks with one another, or even raise the dead to fight for them!
- Fun times! Players can easily get lost in the Shroomland universe! With so many different deck-building combinations, you'll need to play countless times to try everything! Go explore Shroomland!
HOW TO PLAY SHROOMLAND:
- If you'd prefer to read the rule book instead of watching the video, we offer the black and white print and play for free here:
HOW DO I WIN IN SHROOMLAND:
- In "Friends Forever" game mode (Co-op) players all play on the same team and help each other destroy the enemy Magic Shroom Leader to smithereens.
- In "Ruler of Shroomland" game mode (Competitive) players play either by themselves or on teams of 2 and win one of two ways; either be the first player to destroy the enemy Magic Shroom Leader, or be the last player standing. You'll be able to give Ouches and Curses to your rivals in this "take-that" game mode... sabotage at its finest!
PLAYING ALICE IN SHROOMLAND:
HOW DID I END UP IN SHROOMLAND:
- Alice returns from Wonderland only to go back to her same, old, absolutely boring life. She wakes up, has tea, plays croquet, strolls through the gardens, and then goes to sleep at night only to repeat her daily, mundane, routine.
- Alice becomes very disappointed with the simplicity of her life and decides to go out on an adventure. She travels to where she fell down the rabbit hole but alas, there is none when she returns. She sits and thinks and thinks and sits.
- Suddenly, a shimmering spore drifts in front of Alice and falls to the ground. Within seconds it squiggles through the grass, and grows right up in front of her. Before her very eyes a shiny blue mushroom is formed. As quick as it appears, the mushroom instantly decomposes and leaves behind a small vial. “Eat Me” reads a tag on the bottle. Alice cocks her head to the side and thinks, “This seems familiar, so this must be safe!”.
- In a dim-witted manner, she opens the vial, chews the contents, and swallows, tossing the vial behind her when finished. Alice sits and stares at the clouds, as she often does. Not soon after, Alice begins to feel light-headed. She then finds herself falling down a hole that opens up beneath her. Here we go again…
- "If you like deck-builders and you don't mind the theme of the game ... then take a look at this game, it's worth it!" - BG News
- "It is set in a surreal hallucinogenic world inspired by Alice in Wonderland. There are several different strategies you can play." - I Teach Her She Wins
- "I really like this game. It has whimsical art. It also has some new things in deck-building that I haven't played before." - Expand Your Game
- "I'm going to definitely play it as a deck-builder, and when I want somebody to get into a very light and fun game." - Unfiltered Gamer
- "There's a couple interesting mechanics; where I would take control of your deck, but it's still your deck. So bad things could wind up happening." - The Kwarenteen
- $9 - USA
- $14 - Canada
- $19 - Everywhere else
- *** You will need to pay customs / VAT tax if receiving the game outside of the USA ***
Risks and challenges
A few years ago I was sitting around the table and thought, "I'm going to make a game!" I didn't know how, but I knew I was going to make something that I found enjoyable to play.
Years in the making, Alice started out as a board game and later transitioned into a deck-building game. During it's phase as a board game I had launched 3 prior Kickstarters with half-finished ideas, which failed. Yes, you heard that right... they outright failed! And to that, I say I could not have been more thankful. Them failing gave me the much-needed amount of time for me to finish my ideas, playtest, and run the numbers for production and shipping.
I'm a gamer by hobby and play games with friends on a weekly basis. I can't tell you how many times my friends have fought over the rules of a game and we end up not playing the game again. With that being said, I wanted Alice to transition from the technical board game it once was, to a strategic but simple deck-building game, that would leave you wanting more.
The only potential risks or challenges I can foresee are your friends never wanting to leave because they won't want to stop playing Shroomland!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)