The kikori is an open source entry-level machine for small businesses. My main goal is to stimulate local manufacturing and design. Read more
This project was successfully funded on July 31, 2011.
The Launcher Is Ready!
The launcher is now available as a reward!
This puppy is a cross between a slingshot and a crossbow, and can launch almost anything that's about the size of a tennis ball.
Other features include:
- A stop that keeps the ammo in place until it is launched.
- Safety bolt that can be set to engage upon cocking.
- Adjustable length frame to allow for adjustment of launcher power.
- Interchangeable parts that allow for the attachment of a butt stock.
- A sturdy cup made out of recycled bicycle tire.
For more information on how the launcher works, check out my blog post here.