Our Tournament Seating System...
helps a host or tournament director to seat players using the tools of the trade – poker chips. Each seat has a numbered chip. Each table has a color or theme. So you can easily seat up to 40 players with ease. For random seating you simply lay all your seating chips face down on your main table or a side area and they all look exactly the same.
A player can just pick a chip when he or she registers. The chip will have his/her table color/theme and his seat number. It can be recorded by the registrar and the player can be seated. It's a simple, random and transparent system.
This heraldry set is the second set we've offered. The prior set (shown below) was card-suit themed and made exclusively with poker in mind, the heraldry theme is more suitable for a variety of uses. The backs are identical to the earlier set, so they can be combined for even larger tournaments.
Our new sets come in four heraldic themes:
- Dragons (brown) – associated with the Welsh and King Arthur.
- Double Headed Eagle (orange) - associated with the Hittites, the Byzantine Empire, the Holy Roman Empire, the Serbian Empire and the Russian Empire.
- Lions (gold) - associated with the royal arms of England and Spain and countless others.
- Mermaid (teal) – famously associated with the coat of arms of Warsaw and the Queen of England's Royal Hussars.
This is an image of the the stacked prototypes. You can see how colorful the set really is here...
The heraldry theme certainly helps our set stand apart but we have also added some important items to make the seating process even easier for tournament directors or game masters. We have created large poker plaques as seen above which will be the table markers for each table or group. We have also incorporated themed dealer/action buttons for each table.
To top it all off we've added a velveteen bag to store the entire set and/or to use as a grab bag during the seating process.
AND the seating chips can easily be used or double as:
- a bounty button
- an add-on or re-buy button
- a challenge chip a drink token
- or simply as a card cover to assist players and dealers during play
Our chips are made of a ceramic resin with a poly coating which accepts a dye sublimation ink that embeds the artwork directly into the chip through a heat and pressure transfer. There no labels, no stickers, and no surface paint. These are the same high quality ceramic chips you will find in many casinos throughout the world.
The Tournament Seating Chips are going to be much larger than your average poker or gaming chip which is only 39 millimeters in diameter (10 to 11.5 grams) so they will be easily distinguishable at your tables. Here are the dimensions and weights of our chips…
- 46 mm diameter Ceramic Poker Chip - 14 grams
- 60 mm diameter Ceramic Poker Button - 40 grams
- 107 mm x 75 mm King Size Ceramic Poker Plaque - 100 grams
- This is a limited edition set. Once it's over you probably won't get another chance to purchase a set like this. This is the definition of “a one time offer.”
- We really need your help to make this set a reality. Knowing that all your fellow poker and heraldry enthusiasts will be extremely pleased that we could fund this project.
- You'll get a Kickstarter exclusive double-sided octagon chip as shown below which will be good for settling scores, mediating arguments or making tough decisions. One side says, “Fire” and has a Dragon and the reverse said says, “Water” and has a Mermaid.
International Shipping at 100% funding
As soon as we meet our goal of $1000 or 100% funding then we'll begin offering international shipping to our backers all over the world. So stay tuned if you don't live in the US or Canada. We'll keep you posted.
Risks and challenges
We have been in business for just over 12 years. In that time we've seen a lot of change and survived a lot of diversity. Through all of our challenges we have come out on top. There's nothing we can't solve.
Possible Challenge: Production takes a couple weeks longer than expected because of weather outages or equipment breakdown. This is very rare during the summer months.
Solution: We simply work harder. We have backup equipment and backup printing partners.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)