In the Spring of 2011, Infinite Light flew to China to create
dance/media art for the Xi'an Horticultural Exposition. Brooke
Broussard brought four dancers and video artist Benton-C Bainbridge
from America to Shanghai to embody the Expo's themes in choreographed
"flowers," "trees" and even a "Big Bang" made from dance and video.
The dancers were filmed in a green screen TV studio, capturing
Brooke's movement scores from all angles. Benton then edited together
the dances and added analog and programmed FX to transform the girls
into floral and cosmic explosions. The work is playing across multiple
massive screens in (and made of!) water to 3000 people a night through
October 22, 2011.
While the work has been seen by over 300,000 people in China, we want
to make a version so that you all can see it without traveling Xi'an.
With your help and support we can make a version of this work that can
be seen in New York and around the world.
By contributing, you will be helping us to create a Limited Edition
"single-channel" version. All of the video has been shot, and much of
the "post" has been completed (editing and image processing); the
final compositing and editing will bring the dancers together on one
screen, moving to a lush new score.
Your contribution will help us pay for:
• Expenses (from high-tech rentals to travel and office costs, food
for our hard working and hungry interns!)
• Premiere Event costs (promotion, presentation equipment, catering)
• Artist Fees
• The cost of this Kickstarter campaign (including our limited edition
and hand-picked Rewards)
Thanks so much for your support!
- Dancers: Kana Kimura, Hayley Jones, Ruby MacDougall, & Chelsea Retzloff, Brooke Broussard
- Video Artist/Technical Director: Benton-C Bainbridge
- Musical Composition: Ben Bromley
- Artistic Direction: Brooke Broussard
- (31 days)