Stop! This is not another chess spin-off, this is chess reinvented!
Have you ever dreamed of being a great general of the armoured forces? Or maybe a chess grandmaster? Perhaps what you want is just a fun, challenging game you can explain quickly and play with anyone?
If that’s the case, you’re in for a real treat!
Tank Chess is a strategic game played on 16x16 or 20x20 square board which as a main objective has the destruction of the opponent’s Command Tank or a sneaky escape of your own Command Tank. The way to achieve this is by meticulously planning and executing the maneuvers of the rest of your forces composed of Light, Medium and Heavy Tanks, Tank Destroyers and Heavy Mortars.
The game incorporates some masterful strategic planning and decision making similar to the game of chess, but the nature of the long range engagements along with the firepower and the armour protection are the factors that have to be acknowledged in order to create a winning strategy and to achieve the ultimate goal.
One of the most important game features is the existence of the obstacles on the board that prevent shooting across the board and provide opportunities for some clever tactical maneuvers. Also, the destroyed vehicles remain on the board at all times, which makes you consider every move very carefully, in order to avoid creating new cover that your enemy can exploit.
The number of different, fully engaging game mechanics ensures the replayability of this game: you will constantly be presented with a new challenge that will keep you on the edge of your seat!
The reasons why Tank Chess will become one of your favorite board games:
- An easy to learn game: everyone can get a hold of the rules in just about 5 to 10 minutes; however, should you want to master it and be a top Tank Chess strategist, it requires hours of gameplay;
- The setting up takes only 30 seconds, which is a great thing because the game is so addictive you’ll want to play it dozens of times in a row, and that way you won’t lose much time in between (having said that, we strongly recommend taking breaks to eat, stretch and go to the bathroom);
- No dice or any other way of chance influencing the outcome: the strategically and tactically superior player will always win (draws are possible only in theory);
- There is an infinite number of possible different games between the basic setup and the scenarios in the brochure and the expansion set. On top of that, you can modify the board yourself by adding or removing obstacles, choose different pieces or change their starting positions for a unique experience every time – every configuration demands a new approach in terms of strategy, and also grants new possibilities for tactical maneuvers, so you must adapt well and be creative and methodical in order to defeat your opponent;
- The game is balanced perfectly: every type of vehicle has its own strengths and weaknesses that should be relied on or exploited. More than one way to accomplish victory and some brilliant game mechanics make you really dig in and find a new solution for every challenge your opponent sets in front of you: keeping in mind his ideas is crucial at all times!;
- The visual appeal of the game is evident from the moment you open the box: the high quality plastic pieces are stylized representations inspired by WW2 tanks and the 3D expansion contains a lot of city themed elements that will add a touch of reality to the game. Also, the assembly of the 3D expansion is an enjoyment by its own right!
- Although intended for two, this game offers a ton of possibilities for solo play: due to the easy annotation system, you can deeply analyze your games post-mortem, think of new strategies to try to win in the least number of moves possible, create tactical maneuvers in advance, test different obstacle setups, etc. If you play an interesting game or a game packed with suspense until the very end, or you design an innovative obstacle configuration, send them to us and we’ll make sure to publish the best ones on our website or to put them in our brochure for the subsequent editions of the game.
3D board expansion
It comprises of a board with an obstacle scheme called "Central square". In this set you can find cardboard buildings which you can put together yourself. Beside buildings this set includes numerous plastic pieces:trees, a fountain, monuments,etc. Playing on this 3D board makes you feel like you are in command of a real armoured force locked in a furious city battle....
You can see the work in progress in the Update #22
As we did in our first project, this one also comes with a set of prepared stretch goals, and the list is full of surprises.
The first in line is a NOTEPAD for annotating the games.
The next one will be a set of plastic flags in different colors that can be mounted on any particular tank, which permits playing games under very specific scenarios...
Stay tuned for more!
OTHER OF OUR GAMES AS ADD-ONS
Beside different versions of Tank chess and various add-ons for that game, we can also offer numerous other games designed by Forsage games, at a Kickstarter discount!
Forsage Games is preparing a whole new series of games called AGE OF DOGFIGHT, centered around the theme of pure battle of the fighter planes, without engaging targets on the ground or the effects of the anti-aircraft guns. Each game focuses on a certain historical period or a war conflict.
The first game in the series is the POCKET version of the Age of Dogfight WWII game. A simple game for 2 players, where each of them plays with 5 plastic miniatures of aircraft from different periods of World War II.
In the previous project, we used the services of the PE Post of Serbia to send the copies of the game to our backers in Asia, Australia and Canada. This way of shipping was much more expensive than we estimated, but we are satisfied because all the shipments arrived as planned and without any defects or afterward payments.
In the USA and the EU countries, however, we had substantially more backers, so we decided to use the services of a fulfillment company (for the USA) and the assistance of a friendly company from Germany (for the EU). During this process we encountered a lot of paperwork related problems, and our shipments were held in customs for much longer than we expected. In the end, the total costs of shipping this way were even higher than if we had used the services of the Post of Serbia.
Now that we have some experience in shipping globally, the plan for this campaign is as follows: as soon as the first copy of the game is finished – it will immediately be sent to the backer. The order of shipment will be the same as the order of pledging, and we intend to use the Serbian Post services only. This way, we firmly believe that we can start shipping in February and get it all done by June 2018.
The price the backers will pay for the shipping will once more be lower than the actual costs, for the purpose of motivating as many potential backers to support this amazing game.
Risks and challenges
Our first campaign for the game Naval Battle in Archipelago was a success and we managed to deliver the games to our backers within 8 months. The final assembly and the production of some elements were done in our workshop, but for the rest of the production we had to employ about 10 more different companies, which to some extent slowed down the whole process.
After the games were delivered to our backers we got very good reviews on the quality of the game itself and the quality of the components in particular.
Link to the comments:
Since our first campaign, we invested some money into some new graphic machines and we furnished our new workshop which now functions as a family manufacture. We can now produce on our own almost all of the elements for the game Tank Chess and we will only use the services of one other company for digital printing.
Because we are able to produce the game independently, we have put the project goal only at $ 2000. If the number of backers reaches 300, we will certainly acquire more 3D printers which will immediately enter the production. This way we will avoid a bottleneck in the production process.
Take a look at the video above – making of the trial series of Tank Chess (https://www.youtube.com/watch…)
Forsage Games has been creating original board games for 25 years. Our long term plan is to Kickstart 2-3 campaigns a year. We would like to acquire the trust of our backers and to achieve for Forsage Games to be perceived as a reliable partner which always delivers their products on time and with the best of quality.
After every successful campaign we will invest the money from our Kickstarter campaign into the future development of our production. Support our Tank Chess project and you will be pleasantly surprised by the ingenuity of the game itself and the quality of all the pieces.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (25 days)