We are raising money to attend Spiel in Essen, Germany, the largest game expo in the world. The funds would be used to purchase product to sell, cover booth fees, plane tickets, and buy a better banner than what we used at the UK Game Expo and at MEFCC in Dubai. By attending Spiel, we hope to further grow our presence in the game industry with a fast paced card game that we believe will be a worldwide hit!
THE BACK STORY
We then ventured over to the UK Game Expo in Birmingham, England, the largest game expo in the country and sold out again!
Now we need your help to get us to Germany!
We have six designs. Our "Bugs" edition will be available August 2018. We hope to add other designs in the future. Same great play, but customized decks for those players who want their own artwork! So if you have a personal theme, we can accommodate!
Arabian Design (English)
Arabian Design (Arabic)
Deaths of Athazar: Tribal Reign
This deck is a combination of design cards so that they may be played with either the Arabian design or the minimalist design.
Deaths of Athazar: Bugs Edition (Available August 2018)
Play with this new deck that has the original cards and the expansion cards all in one.
How to Play
The goal is simple. Be the first player to get rid of all the cards in your hand. Use the cast of characters to achieve that goal.
The game is divided into rounds. Each round has three phases: the pass phase, the play phase, and the deal phase.
1. Designate one player as the dealer. Any action that requires a card to leave the deck is done by the dealer.
2. The dealer deals each player 7 cards facedown. Initial play begins with a pass phase. *If you choose to have more than 4 players (5 max), each player is dealt only 5 cards.
3. Pass Phase: Each player chooses one card from their hand of 7 and, in unison, each player must pass that card face-down to the player on his/her right. If you have a Hunter, you may pass two (The Hunter + 1 other card that is not a djinn) The game could also be played by passing to the left, as long as players decide on the pass direction at the start of the game. Once passing is done, players move to the play phase, led by the dealer.
4. Play Phase: In order, starting with the player on the dealer’s right (the token), each player can either: 1) Eliminate cards from his/her hand with a “kill” and place them face up for everyone to see. Example: If a player has a brawler and a sailor, the player can have the brawler “kill” the sailor by placing the brawler card on top of the sailor card. Each player is allowed only one kill per turn. 2) Irritate other players by playing an effect card (white edge) face up and performing the action written on the card. Example: If a player has a prince, the player lays down the prince and all other players are dealt an extra card. Each player is allowed only one “disruption” per turn. 3) Do nothing and pass your turn. The dealer always goes last. Once every player has had a turn, card play moves to the deal phase.
5. Deal Phase: The dealer deals every player an extra card facedown from the deck. That is the end of the round.
6. The token then rotates to the next player on the right. This player will play first at the start of the next play phase.
7. Card Play continues again with steps 3-5 until a player is left with no cards in his hands. The first person by the end of the play phase to accomplish this is branded the winner. However, any player who finishes first must wait until all players in the round after him have had a chance to play. If another player can also be left with no cards then the winner is based on the values of the cards of their last play. The highest wins. If values are equal, there is a tie.
8. Once a player is left with no cards before the play phase ends, he is immune from any actions or attacks from other players.
9. Optional: If there is only one winner by the end of the play phase, play may continue to establish second, third or fourth places, etc.
10. If all the cards in the deck are exhausted during play, then a new deck can be created and shuffled from the played cards of all the players ("the graveyard"). The card game continues with this new deck.
Watch the video
HELP US REACH OUR GOAL AND MAKE 'DEATHS OF ATHAZAR' A PART OF YOUR CARD GAME COLLECTION. Visit the website www.doacardgame.com for more information and deals.
Risks and challenges
The decks are finished. We are using a manufacturer in both China and the United States to distribute our games. Basically, if you live in the western hemisphere, your cards will be sent from the US. Otherwise, it will be sent from China. The special edition decks will be sent from China. It usually takes about 2 weeks for delivery. Because it is being shipped from China, additional shipping fees may apply.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)