Why are you doing this?
I have a wide collection of songs I have shared in many a living room, back porch, or campfire setting, and looking back over them I realize there is a common theme of being "in between"... In between life & death, longing & fulfillment, child & adulthood, etc. I feel like everyone shares this sentiment in one way or another, and I think these songs will help articulate those feelings in such a way that people can effectively sigh no matter the season in which they currently find themselves.
Why should I give?
1) Because you believe in me and the story I'm telling
2) Because you will receive a compelling return (check out the ridiculous rewards I'm offering you)
3) Because you are helping me share these songs with others who can't give like you can
And just how are you going to spend my hard-earned cash?
1) Studio time: While my phone records alright, I'd like to bring the quality up a wee bit by working with high caliber equipment and professionals that can take the songs to their full potential.
2) Musicians: In order to include top instrumentalists, I need to be able to compensate them for their time and pay them their worth.
3) Design: This includes both the physical album, the t-shirt, and further website development.
4) Rewards: While it's awesome to be able to offer you something in return, all those rewards I'm giving are going to cost significant extra time and money, from initial supplies to eventual shipping.
5) Mastering: In the final stage of production and the first stage of manufacturing, the music is taken from a general recording to absolute precision by raising the volume, syncing the songs in a cohesive unit, and making conclusive edits. This takes someone with a very special skill set :)
Risks and challenges
This is a vulnerable step, yes in sharing songs that expose the best and worst sides of me, but also in venturing out with the very realistic possibility of the ground falling out from underneath me. I have experienced enough hope deferred to know that things don't always go according to plan, so while I trust no setbacks will occur, if they do, we'll navigate them as quickly and confidently as possible. It's all part of being on the edge of the in between, right...?
Feel free to contact me with other questions, or look at FAQs once the project gets underway. See www.nathanchud.com for more on me. And thanks... I don't take your partnership or your generosity lightly.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (27 days)