Olivia + Ocean is a boutique swimwear label that gives back. We are a family-owned small business that uses our platform to create local jobs and make a positive impact. What began as a child swimwear line focused on timeless design and hand finished local production, has grown into so much more. Our stylish and ethically made swimsuits have since styled and helped thousands of little boys and girls enjoy their summers in the water. This summer, we have our sights set on innovating in the Mom swimsuit department and spreading body positivity among the Mom community.
Introducing, The Mom Bod One Piece!
Unique Design Features:
- The top features a classically flattering wrap silhouette and seamlessly lined pockets to hide whatever padding you may need (could be the special padding included with your suit that will provide a push-up for some lift and extra nipple coverage or nursing pads for new moms who are nursing).
- The waist tie facilitates convenient and confident nursing on the go.
- High-compression premium lycra lines the entire suit and offers the added tummy slimming and support we all want. Think the feel of your favorite pair of yoga pants or spanx.
- The bottom lifts your backside and elongates your legs with a seamless design that has a smoothing effect rather than cutting into you and creating unwanted bulging like a traditional swimsuit.
It is time to say goodbye to tankinis, frumpy ruching, and surprise nipple appearances and hello to a modern swimsuit that supports you without sacrificing style.
Olivia + Ocean is on a mission to reclaim what the label "mom swimsuit" means and redefine it to be sexy, empowering, functional and modern like today's Mom who does it all with style. We designed a swimsuit with the unique needs of the post-baby body in mind because this bod has made miracles happen and deserves some love.
Up until this point, Moms have been asked to conform their bodies into the swimsuits that are currently on the market. None of which were designed with their personal needs as a priority. This has created a culture where the accepted response to a swimsuit is negative feelings, discomfort and avoidance.
Through connecting with Moms of all shapes, sizes, ages, and backgrounds, we learned that self-love in a swimsuit is difficult for everyone. We decided it was time for someone to take on this problem.
To do this we designed a swimsuit with the unique needs of the mom bod as the FIRST priority. Too many days in the sun are being wasted feeling bad about how we look and feel in a swimsuit. Moms everywhere are missing out on the fun that inspired us to start this brand in the first place. Whether you are currently breastfeeding or past this stage in motherhood and just want a flattering-modern design with some supportive coverage, we got you!
24-hour Limited Launch Day Deals:
- I Love Mom Bod's T-Shirt - $45
- 2 I Love Mom Bod's T-Shirts - $80
- Mom Bod One Piece (first 100 customers) - $99
- Mom Bod One Piece (after first 100 customers) - $120
- Mom Bod One Piece and I Love Mom Bod's T-Shirt - $159
- I Love Mom Bod's T-shirt - $50
- Mom Bod One Piece - $135
- Mom Bod One Piece and I Love Mom Bod's T-Shirt - $175
Using our platform to give back is our most important business value. That is why every time you purchase an Olivia + Ocean swimsuit, our team makes a monetary donation to our partner charity, Water.org. We've done this since the very beginning and this commitment will continue by applying to all Kickstarter contributions. Together, we can support their mission to provide safe water and sanitation to those in need, give women hope, children health and communities a future.
Shop our child swimwear collection and learn more about our brand at www.oliviaandocean.com.
Risks and challenges
Anytime you create a new product, it comes with new production challenges. Luckily we have a lot of experience in this process and have built a dependable manufacturing team that we trust to do great work. We can also closely oversee this process due to our local relationship. A huge perk to producing our product in our hometown, Los Angeles!
Because we hand finish all swimsuits with great attention to detail, there is a chance sewing will take longer than anticipated. We have worked this time into our delivery timeline to set accurate expectations. Should we have any delays beyond this timeline we will keep you in the loop via email!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)